Market stolers

C0OPeR

hello all and our CM !
i am sure everyone aware of these behave of some players , special 2-3 player do it for a years and recently for last DoD event sets in most worlds , kansas , colorado , las vegas ...
when anybody add 2th player on any auctions , and 3th person buy it , it means market thieves in my mind and most players as its not for him/her and he/she was aware of it
( we can ignore the players that return items when talk them , mistake happens , but we are talking here about who , dont wanna return and made this habbit for himself/herself )
with report , the ingame stuff answer are ( its not against rules ) !!!
yesterday after all , CM of .org server , make this rules after talk with inno stuffs and changed the rules finally with use of §9) Fair Play
means : ITs not fair buy the items that belong for another person from market

HMMM , hmmm , the 9& section on rules are about fair play AND this behave are not fair play , am i wrong ?

i add .org server CM annonce here so our CM can see and maybe wanna make something about this on .net server too , hope :)

its in turkish lang , but i am sure , if our CM forward for inno about this , will get more information ;)

Syntex

The West Team
Community Manager
Dear C0OPeR,

Thank you for your message!

I have forwarded your thoughts. We are aware of the negative effects of this phenomenon, therefore we are working on finding a long-term solution for this problem.

We kindly ask your patience in this matter!

Beefmeister

colorado is usually a safe place in the market. lately though, there's been a surge of people with absolutely despicable behavior and this guy is the worst of them. kinda obvious after he stole the items and yet he tries to somehow justify it here, on the forum...hilarious :lol:

if it was me i'd permanently ban him from the internet itself

Last edited by a moderator:

Snr Sarg

Whilst I cannot condone the behaviour and would not knowingly do this myself, tagging a name on the market does not make it a rule - the notes section was not designed for this, it was designed for simply adding a note to the sale, a function that the players themselves have turned into something else.

More fool those who use the world markets for these trades. How they'd laugh at you in the real world if you left some valuable items lying around for anyone to pick up and walk off with, then complained they'd done so and they were meant for somebody else.

Is it actually worse than bullying somebody with multiple duelling, with abusing them on Adventure chat? I'd say either has more effect on the player

No doubt I'll get some pelters for this, just trying to give some balance.

NB The solution is to have a 'wanted' market place. Let's say I want to buy a Jaguar weapon, I post a wanted advert with an amount of cash I am willing to pay, to complete the transaction the seller simply has to accept, they take the cash, the item goes to the buyer

PrancingPurplePony

using the town and alliance market isn't always and option. sometimes you might want to work a deal with someone that is not a member of your town or alliance, or perhaps even someone townless. So really the only answer rigtht now is to work the deal when both are online have items picked up as soon as posted, although even that has risks.

Beefmeister

i love the idea of the wanted market

anyway, i lost count of the trades i did on this game. i estimate somewhere around 4 digits and the people i've done trades with are surely around 3 digits.
with this volume of trades, it's absolutely impossible to not find yourself in a situation where you have to use the world market...
i'm usually cautious and i make sure the person i'm trading with buys the items at the right time so we don't end up in this situation.

haven't been scammed once. although one time, a person i won't name here managed to steal me a hat. after making it some sort of public shaming (like it happened here), he was smart enough to return the item. the individual that is mentioned in this topic though does not have any intent of returning any of the items he stole from cooper or from my friend gaspa84. Who knows if there was anyone else. On turkish servers he is well known as a scammer...ask anyone who is playing there.

it's easy to blame it on the imperfections of the game, that people use world market or whatever. but why should the feeling of unsafety be present for one-two people that are exceptions - some basic scumbags which can be easily dealt with?

i think by now everyone is a grown up on this game (hopefully) and can judge what is ethically correct and what is not. and if you have this kind of behavior on a freaking game...and also somehow manage to promote it and try to justify it, i guess it says a lot about who you are in real life.

Last edited:

C0OPeR

+1 for beef about this say >>>> if you have this kind of behavior on a freaking game...and also somehow manage to promote it and try to justify it, i guess it says a lot about who you are in real life. <<<

Last edited:

Snr Sarg

but why should the feeling of unsafety be present for one-two people that are exceptions - some basic scumbags which can be easily dealt with?

i think by now everyone is a grown up on this game (hopefully) and can judge what is ethically correct and what is not. and if you have this kind of behavior on a freaking game...and also somehow manage to promote it and try to justify it, i guess it says a lot about who you are in real life.

Because it is still a game, loosely based around 'The West' where people did steal things from each other, I just see it as true to life.

Syntex

The West Team
Community Manager
As said, we are looking into the situation and we already have some plans how to solve this issue, but this will be done globally, not per market. As was communicated also by TR team.

We can suggest to use the town market if you want to sell an item to a specific player. It is even a fine solution to create a town only for you two.

Kidd Kalypso

As said, we are looking into the situation and we already have some plans how to solve this issue, but this will be done globally, not per market. As was communicated also by TR team.

We can suggest to use the town market if you want to sell an item to a specific player. It is even a fine solution to create a town only for you two.
Create a town for a single trade? 8 hours of construction, money, etc? This is a very weak answer to a legit issue that has been going on since day one of market trades.

Artem124

ive traded with many people out of town/allaince and never gotten anything stolen.. just be smart.. and time everything with your dealer.. be perpared for the posts and be quick!!

Sambee

The West Team
Forum moderator
The forum is not a place to name and shame player and have arguments about behaviours of certain players. An issue was raised and that is as far as it should go. If you want to sort out an issue, leave it in game or take it to the private messages.

Dr Roth

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Forum moderator
The same player joins a town during events and duels me when I am asleep. Then leaves town so we can't duel back. And doesn't do anything else. I would be very interested in the view of the Mods when one player is using an account to solely destroy for other players. He doesn't do anything else, no jobs, no quests, nothing. Is this gamemanship according to the rules?

I am very aware I can get KO protection and make him go away but is it ok to only play to mess with others?

Last edited by a moderator:

C0OPeR

The forum is not a place to name and shame player and have arguments about behaviours of certain players. An issue was raised and that is as far as it should go. If you want to sort out an issue, leave it in game or take it to the private messages.
it must share in everywhere , so all can know him and can aware of such persons ... some read ingame telegrams , some read ingame forums , some read public forum like here and some read ingame chatrooms ...
if such action are not against rule , so why talking like such action and such persons are against rule ? :)

Last edited:

C0OPeR

as i know , we allowed share such actions by such persons in every where and we can let other players know this , am i wrong ?
as i see , my posted about that person , deleted

Prljavi Hari

The forum is not a place to name and shame player and have arguments about behaviours of certain players. An issue was raised and that is as far as it should go.

ummmmm...excuse me, what??? this is exactly the place to have an argument about this very specific behavior of a certain player & while we probably disagree, I absolutely think someone who has a HISTORY of stealing items from other players across different worlds & servers deserves to be named & shamed. 100%.

If you want to sort out an issue, leave it in game or take it to the private messages.

and how exactly would you propose this be resolved in-game? as you guys have mentioned multiple times, he hasn't done anything wrong, according to the game rules, right? so, let me backtrack a little bit - he can use loopholes as much as he wants, i.e. he can steal items labeled for other people on the market & get away with it, but cannot be dueled as a way of retribution as he rarely ever joins a town & even when/if he does, he mainly sleeps all the time then leaves. should the players simply ask for the items to be returned? is that your solution? because I know multiple people have done that, and you can guess the outcome, I'm sure. I'd like to hear your other concrete suggestions, tho - please.

Syntex

The West Team
Community Manager
It is also an option to be in an alliance/town in which this doesn't happen, and/or to make the trade when both of you are there, so it can be bought instantly.

Alternatively you can give for more money, for a price which would not attract other players to buy it, then the money can be sent back or traded back with another item.

C0OPeR

It is also an option to be in an alliance/town in which this doesn't happen, and/or to make the trade when both of you are there, so it can be bought instantly.

Alternatively you can give for more money, for a price which would not attract other players to buy it, then the money can be sent back or traded back with another item.
1 ) i had my trade when both of us online and most do like that but he was faster than us , less than 1 secound !!!
2 ) about alliance thing , there is not only one alliance each worlds so your Solution are who wanna do exchange or trade need to leave alliance / town and join her/his town then return own town ? hmmm what we can do about time limit to join back own town ? it goes high each time , probably you guys aware of this :)
3 ) he stoled between alliance too , just joined alliance towns from blackboard then bought items and wait there untill town founder wake up and remove him , and Solution will be inactive blackboard sure ?
4 ) about putting high money , for example the gun goes more than 1 mil , there is more persons , dont have 1 mill to do your Solution ps it need to 4% tax and if you are townless , it need 20 % tax and in 1 mil , it is much !

i had my question above and willing get answer for this plz :
if such action are not against rule , so why talking like such action and such persons are against rule and we can not name him here or ingame ?

Jordy

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Forum moderator
Just a question @Syntex
On it's first release, was the market system originally intended and designed to allow theft of virtual goods?