Passed Market item list for each town

Shall a tab be suggested to show all of town items for sale on the market?

• Yes

Votes: 63 82.9%
  • No

Votes: 13 17.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Poll
2 weeks - to decide if yes or no. Popular vote requires 80% of yes vote to pass idea on to Developers.

Proposal

Alright-the concept of this would be just to see the available items that are for sale in a foreign town.

Current Workaround

The only thing how someone could use this,is simply to click on the market(while you're in a foreign town.This only works in those towns)

Details

Instead of the complicated way of searching for items that are for sale in your town in the normal way, I believe this could be more faster.

For example ,if I'm in a town (not my own) I want to see what is offered in the town I'm visiting (so if something is for sale in that town, I won't have to travel somewhere else)

We could see what the players of that town are selling, I would click on the market. Next, there would be the normal "view"as you would see in your own market. Only in the upper corner next to the option "OFFERS" there would be "Town Offers"

This would allow you to see the items for sale in this town. You would get the list of those things, and players that are selling. (maybe showing players isn't needed, but who knows)

Now, this is only available in foreign towns, not your own. Towns that don't have the market, well, they'll have to build one if they want this.

Abuse Prevention

None

Visual Aids

tw4u.jpg

Summary

I think this would be a bit more helpful,both for the "buyers"and "salesmen":laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 1278415

Yes I like this idea and your artwork is improving.... nothing to be ashamed of.

Im unsure why the developers didnt do what your describing already... maybe it was to curve people to search for the items. Your way would make it a lot easier to navigate and find items.

I think they just wanted to simplify things and just have 1 method of searching the whole world vs just the current town and have 2 types of codes running.

DeletedUser

Thanks Good Feather.:)

Yes,I understand what you're saying,,maybe they thought it would be a bit complicated.
Hmm,I'm not sure.But I guess we'll just keep bothering them,as soon as this idea gets more opinions.:)

DeletedUser

Even though once you search for the items you want, you can press "search by distance" this actually greatly improves the way items can be found. Also I don't think much coding is required to ad this function. Good thinking!

DeletedUser

Whispers Halleluja!

Thanks.Yeah,that could work too.
:)

DeletedUser22575

Well, I can't see much to say about this idea *grumble grumble*. :)

It can't hurt anything and would be helpful to some.

Deleted User - 1278415

Well if there are no opinions then I will put this to a vote later tonight.

Im about to head out the door now or I'd put it on here now.

DeletedUser

...simply to click on the market(while you're in a foreign town.This only works in those towns)...if I'm in a town (not my own) I want to see what is offered in the town I'm visiting....

1) IF it only works while you are IN the foreign town, I say yes. BUT it should not work if you simply click on that town while you are elsewhere.

2) If it's going to work in foreign towns, why shouldn't it work at home?...or did I miss something?

3) Is this going to work for everyone or just those who belong to a town?

DeletedUser

I don't really see any use for it. If I want something, I want specific items and I search for those items. Even if I DO see something I'm looking for at a particular town's market for much more than the sell price I'm still going to search to see if there's something nearby that's cheaper. Searching for items is a lot faster than any other aspect of the market, e.g. posting an item, picking up cash, or picking up an item.

Deleted User - 1278415

I don't really see any use for it. If I want something, I want specific items and I search for those items. Even if I DO see something I'm looking for at a particular town's market for much more than the sell price I'm still going to search to see if there's something nearby that's cheaper. Searching for items is a lot faster than any other aspect of the market, e.g. posting an item, picking up cash, or picking up an item.

But if your in that town to sleep you might want to see what all is for sale instead of going through every single drop down.

In the past Ive kept a shopping list in my profile of what I wanted to buy and as I buy it I delete it... so as I would goto towns I would look at their inventory. So now if I were to do that on say w15 someday I'd like to goto the market and look thru everything for sale.

DeletedUser

XXX Well Elmyr and Good Feather you two just approach the market and buying differently is all ...so while one has a product in mind (Elymr), Good Feather may just buy it because it is there or may need it in the future, etc.

THis kind of sounds like ....how men and women shop!

Man (Elmyr)....knows what he wants...searches just that...buys just that for cheapest price and done

Woman (Sorry Good Feather) ...just wants to see what is there and will buy it because it is there. Maybe for the future, maybe because on a list of wants and is always interested in inventory.

Anyway...voting no because it really isnt a big deal how it is now. It would be nice, but then I don't know how much time is needed on this for the devs.I wish we knew.

DeletedUser

Voting yes. Not that I love the idea that much, but if my nose is not tricking me, if this gets accepted we can later build another idea around it (i'm not telling).

DeletedUser16008

Voted No, it gives me something to do while waiting around for duels to finish. Besides im in the camp A. for shopping, i look for what i want when I want.

DeletedUser

1) IF it only works while you are IN the foreign town, I say yes. BUT it should not work if you simply click on that town while you are elsewhere.

2) If it's going to work in foreign towns, why shouldn't it work at home?...or did I miss something?

3) Is this going to work for everyone or just those who belong to a town?

1)I don't understand why not?It's the whole point.If you click on a town and you're not in it,(and its a foreign)you will see the list of items for sale there.It doesnt do any harm or difference(IMO)if you ARE visiting that town or not.

2)Yes,you cant do that in your own town.Those are the rules.;)(btw you can just ask your townmates if someone is selling something)

3)Can you use the market(see its stuff)when you're not in a town?:)

DeletedUser

2)Yes,you cant do that in your own town.Those are the rules.;)(btw you can just ask your townmates if someone is selling something)

Not having it work in your own town just makes it harder to implement. You can make the suggestion as specific as you want, but if it gets implemented, the devs will implement it how they will.

DeletedUser

Not having it work in your own town just makes it harder to implement. You can make the suggestion as specific as you want, but if it gets implemented, the devs will implement it how they will.

Works for me.;)

DeletedUser

Now that I've screwed around with a low level for the first time since markets were implemented, I can see the advantages of the suggestion more. I'd change my vote if I could. At low levels when you don't have much gear, it's a much more useful idea.

DeletedUser

Now that I've screwed around with a low level for the first time since markets were implemented, I can see the advantages of the suggestion more. I'd change my vote if I could. At low levels when you don't have much gear, it's a much more useful idea.

Now I'm not going to say "Told'ya soo"...:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.