Market/auctions

Pankreas PorFavor

"don't like it" and thats it, no need for essays :)

of course, because if people point out the flaws in your idea and try to help you improve it, that is bad. better to leave it incomplete than to improve it? come on...

your idea actually has potential, but it also has flaws. read "the essay" and try to think of the solutions that will make your proposal better if you think that it is worth it. who knows, maybe you will be the first player (in a long long looooong time) whose idea actually gets implemented?

DeletedUser38679

of course, because if people point out the flaws in your idea and try to help you improve it, that is bad. better to leave it incomplete than to improve it? come on...

your idea actually has potential, but it also has flaws. read "the essay" and try to think of the solutions that will make your proposal better if you think that it is worth it. who knows, maybe you will be the first player (in a long long looooong time) whose idea actually gets implemented?

It has flaws, but i expect from someone who finds flows to also try to find solution for it, not just complain about it. Maybe sollution would be that if you're outbid in last 5 min of auction it gives only persons than were involved in auction to bid again until there's only one left.

For example: i bid 1$ on something and my bid is on until last few min of auction, than player 1 bids 2$ and player 2 bids 2$, than after auction is over me and player 1 can make bid again but no other player that wasn't involved in auction last few min can bid on item anymore. Me player 1 and player 2 can bid until there's only 1 left. I don't think sellers will mind this as prizes will actualy go up and we might have decent auctions here.

But as said i posted this here so people can discuss it and maybe find better solution, or find flaws in my solution and give their ideas, not just write essays what's wrong with my idea and not providing any solutions for it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser37529

Warbird, there are decent auctions here, but instead of being offended when your suggestion does not get merit, actually see and think about what others have said, Lucky was being VERY constructive to you, she is not just bright, but is extremely intelligent, you put her down by saying she did not know what "i:e" meant, .. buddy this is an international server.. english is not her native speech , and trust me she was spot on. You must , when you post, be able to take constructive critic , or do not post. Period. Explain you point, ask for advice, and accept that others will not always see your way, just as in real life. And never forget, this is just a game, those who post in response are trying to help for the most part, only a few, very few trolls. Pankreas, Lucky, and several of those who respond here, are very good folks, yea I said it, lol. As for auctions, man, you are going to have to commit of those things you want, or step off , I do not win every auction I enter, but yes, I do wait until the end of the time frame and bid, why, because I want to win the auction. You either adapt, or scream into the well that the world is unfair, but it is not.. none are owed a win , you must work for it... or go play farmville.. they are looking for folks there.:rolleyes:

DeletedUser22685

I won't lie, I didn't actually make it to the end of some of these posts and I've only just got around to having a proper look at the thread after days of putting it off.

Some of the criticisms provided have definitely been valid and I'd agree that the idea isn't really viable in its current form, but it's really not as bad as some of these posts would have you believe. I've seen similar ideas in the past - long ago, mind you - which were never fully developed either. That said, the second suggestion involving hidden bids that automatically update up to a maximum price is too complicated to meet the needs of most players here. It might work for a site like eBay which has millions of people trying to secure real life items with real life money, but people don't play The West expecting an advanced auction simulator.

I think there's a much simpler solution, one that has also been suggested at least once before and was possibly even sent beyond this forum but never implemented. The minimum amount by which you can raise a bid should be increased. $1 bids are nothing but annoying for everyone involved and wouldn't be accepted in real life auctions for items with asking prices of hundreds of thousands of dollars like those being sold in game. Whether that's a fixed amount of thousands of dollars or a percentage of the current bid, I don't care enough about this part of the game to put the effort into deciding.

I was also going to suggest outbidding yourself by a substantial amount with a few seconds to go in order to preempt the njubs who try and snipe with $1 bids, but someone raised a valid point about possibly being unable to do so if most of your cash is tied up in your existing bid. This could be fixed by allowing the ability to "add to" your bid with leftover cash rather than the game treating it as though you're placing a new bid from scratch.

Either way, I don't think the timer extension is practical for reasons already mentioned, but there are a couple of other solutions that would have a similar effect without the related negative impacts.

PS. You could just adopt my strategy of avoiding auctions altogether. Even when I was active enough to actually check the market for things I needed to buy, I always found auctions to be too much of a hassle to be worth my time. Shame on anyone who doesn't set an immediate purchase price :p

DeletedUser36417

does this game have a script where it would automatically bid to bat highest at thr last second or do we just have to be there and bid it out?I have seen some games where such a script or mod exist so player can be offline and still win

Pankreas PorFavor

does this game have a script where it would automatically bid to bat highest at thr last second or do we just have to be there and bid it out?I have seen some games where such a script or mod exist so player can be offline and still win

I hope not.
And how does that work? If I have the same script as you, and we both bid at the last second...?

DeletedUser36417

I don't know how it would work but I thought a few games I played had mods that would do that.I never used one myself.makes sense that who would win a last second draw