Map Size

DeletedUser

Last thread got closed for some reason that completely escapes me. Although the fact that no-one from Hightower down seemed to have a clue what I was talking about maybe I should try again.

(Browser zoom functions would have nothing to do with it, nor would they help in the slightest.)

I mean to have a larger area of the map visible. Here is everyones normal view, individuals resolution aside.

65bsyt.jpg

Here's what I was trying to suggest..

260srx5.jpg

DeletedUser

Mmmmm yeah nice idea why not..so we could see more stuff instead of having trouble looking for something we could easily find it now,,

DeletedUser

So you mean something like Google Maps, only for The-West rather than the world?

Edit: When I posted this, the mockup of your idea didn't load. Now it has, and I can now say I don't like the idea. Zooming in/out, yes. Actually resizing the map, no.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

yea that sounds good i hate clickng every whare and draging the screen around

DeletedUser

i dont like the idea. my "the west" map fills my screen, so i dont want it any bigger. that would just screw it up.

and i cant really change the resolution, cause stuff starts to get screwed up when i do that.

DeletedUser

yea my computer page freezes and i have to refreash it when i drag the screen around 2 much

DeletedUser

Yes, dragging the map is a frustrating process.
Being able to zoom out a little would help a lot.

DeletedUser

im fine with the size but whats lacking is co-ordinates i have a few friends from tribal wars started but i would have to search each person on the map to find their name but if there was co-ordinates they could say for example 'hey just joined im currently at 62/84' the i just find them co-ordinates on the map and click to join them, cant find any other way to find specific people or towns on the map

DeletedUser

I agree...size is not a big deal to me but coordinates would be really nice.

DeletedUser1105

You should have the choice of map size.

Like with premium in TW, you could change your view up to 13x13. You should have similar settings here. Maybe it could be a byproduct of premium here.

DeletedUser

You should have the choice of map size.

Like with premium in TW, you could change your view up to 13x13. You should have similar settings here. Maybe it could be a byproduct of premium here.

Now that's a good idea. More bang for the buck.

And utilizing coordinates would be great. I've been working with some teammates from TW and we have a way of reading the map that works for us. It's far from perfect, but it gets us in the right ballpark.

DeletedUser

Ya, good idea... The width should also be increased too... If not it will look weird so long, haha... :)