making money as a dueler?

DeletedUser

How do you duelers do it.. I'll admit I'm really struggling to make money. and I need some help!

DeletedUser

It's a "try your chances". The majority of the players keep their money in the bank, and donate the rest to the treasury, so they won't lose them in case of being dueled. But there are some players who like having loads of cash. These people can be of any class - including duelers that are actively dueling.
I kicked players from my towns because they kept $500+ cash. I kicked people who lost money in duels, because they went against my advice and didn't put the extra money in the treasury. I also got nearly $100 from someone, and I don't play dueler on any worlds.

Look for towns with high level shops and low level banks - there might be some players saving up to buy an expensive item. When you get good money from somebody, hang around for an hour then attack him again - you might be lucky to get some more money if he didn't deposit in the meantime. Remember those players and come back in a few days to see if they changed the habit of keeping cash.

DeletedUser

My answer is that i clear forests and mine silver, keeps me going

ok mr.soldier.. your jobs are out of the question for ME.. I'm a gun dueler... and dj the good hits at my level are too few and way too far between to rely on it for money.. hell I can't even remember the last time I got more then 20 or 30 $'s

DeletedUser

Find some players with low bank level in their town and duel them.
I earned lot's of money from that ;)

DeletedUser

look around in the towns near your town, and duel players (preferably builders) in towns with Bank lvl 1 or 2

DeletedUser

maybe I need to clarify something.. I'm a level 42 dueler(level 29) I dont have any "EASY" marks the only time I get money from dueling is if I get extremely lucky I'm forced to duel in bigger towns and the highest of players! they just do not carry cash!

DeletedUser

maybe I need to clarify something.. I'm a level 42 dueler(level 29) I dont have any "EASY" marks the only time I get money from dueling is if I get extremely lucky I'm forced to duel in bigger towns and the highest of players! they just do not carry cash!

yes, that's the curse of high level duelers. you can only duel high level players which are not dumb and do not carry any cash with them.
that's why i think duelers are bad class to pick. it's not even interesting to duel anymore. especially when you cannot afford better gear.

DeletedUser

You haven't looked far enough. in my opinion there are always people who have money on them sometimes. they do work high wages jobs so... maybe you'll catch them before they got the chance to bank their money.

DeletedUser

Try looking at the higher level job spots and finding the town through the player profiles there. You'll know they are earning decent money and not sleeping. Not everyone has the time to deposit after every 2 hour block of work so you could get lucky and find they've finished at least 1 block, and possibly 3 if they are using the automation premium to work their characters while they are at the office. ;)

One Armed Ninja

I know how you feel my duel level is 25 above my normal level, so im levelling up appearence for some of the luck jobs

DeletedUser

Basically duelling is not as good an earner as doing jobs.
What Ninja and the lovely Violette say is true, however the higher up you get the less options you have to duel so you are constrained by the need to travel long distances to find targets. If you are then too choosy then you will have no one left to duel.

DeletedUser

Well when I visit a town I start @ the top and work my way down(top points wise ) and I look around at duelers way below my level with gear ten times better.. I have to think there is something wrong.. even if I account for all the money I have donated to the town.. I can't even come close to affording the gear they are wearing.. and that leads me to the sad conclusion that there is something I'm "missing" ... Although I've never though to go out and cherry pick targets by the jobs they are doing.. I've looked for other options cheap gear to get to better jobs.. and such.. and even the cheapest gear that would get me to some better jobs is WAY out of my price range :(

One Armed Ninja

Keep on with it, ranged duelers have a lot more high level jobs with better payouts than melee duelers. It may seem crap now but for you it will get better

DeletedUser

well 10% doesn't make a big deal of difference in the end. by that time you'll probably have all the dueling gear you need.