Make the DOI and Labor Day BBQ Tongs Auctionable

DeletedUser

Proposal
During the Christmas 2013 event the Declaration of Independence and the Labor Day BBQ Tongs were included in the prize pool. Some players received duplicates that they would like to sell or trade and other players that weren't so lucky would be interested in trading for or buying them. I propose that both items be made auctionable so that they can be sold on the in game market to other players.

Current Workaround
Players that obtained spares during the event can sell them to the Wandering Trader for a measly $50,000. Players that were less fortunate have no workaround to obtain either of these items from the market like they currently do with every single other prize that was offered during the 2013 Christmas event.

Details
Make both the Labor Day BBQ Tongs and Declaration of Independence auctionable.

Abuse Prevention
N/A

Visual Aids
N/A

Summary
After the Christmas event made it possible for players to have multiples of these items it doesn't really make sense that they're still not auctionable. The current workaround of selling to the Mobile Trader for a player that has spares isn't a very attractive option and it would be nice for those that spent a good deal of nuggets in search of the DOI but came up short to have the possibility of purchasing/trading for one in the in game marketplace. Really these items should have both been made auctionable the moment that it became possible for players to have duplicates. The Labor Day BBQ Tongs and Declaration of Independence should both be made auctionable.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? No

DeletedUser35520

yea i agree. bumping up the the price we can sell them for to the traveling merchant was just not enough. Would love to see them auctionable. Another possible route, it was mentioned in the roadmap about trading between players, I'd give my extra DOI and Tongs away if i could. As is, they are sitting in my inventory, because $50k in game cash is not worth loosing one for, while i may have won the duplicates from X-mas bags, I still paid 2k and 1500 nugs or the originals.

DeletedUser

Totally agree. I really do not know how do they think to price them 50 K. As they are not auctionable the only good (worse thing EVER) point of having 100 K/50 K value on them is to sell them to wondering trader which is way less than their value. Also making them auctionable is best idea coz people have multi due to x-mas event.

DeletedUser

Well, you might have read Da Twista's post in another topic, which stated that they are working on it, so I don't see the reason to reprospose this.

Aside from that I do actually think it's a great idea and I don't think there's a valid reason to keep them unauctionable. So it's a yes from me.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well, you might have read Da Twista's post in another topic, which stated that they are working on it, so I don't see the reason to reprospose this.

Aside from that I do actually think it's a great idea and I don't think there's a valid reason to keep them unauctionable. So it's a yes from me.

yes, he said " Early next year we are going to push for these two items to become auctionable so players that have duplicates can make a bit of cash off of them."

Now it's early next year :D and it seems that the push for becoming auctionable and making money changed to 100 K/50 K price on the item, so they change something about those but it's not becoming auctionable.

DeletedUser

I agree, I want a Declaration of Independence

* vote Tuco Trejo for president *

DeletedUser

I read that post. I linked to it in this thread where I asked if they were going to become auctionable. Ripwise confirmed that they don't know if the developers will make them auctionable and that there's no mod push for it.

Also, as DashAkol pointed out, the developers recently changed the prices of the items. It seems to me that it would have been just as easy for the developers to make the items auctionable as it was for them to change the prices. That leads me to believe that they're not "working on it" so I started this thread hoping it gets polled, approved, and the change implemented.

DeletedUser22685

I read that post. I linked to it in this thread where I asked if they were going to become auctionable. Ripwise confirmed that they don't know if the developers will make them auctionable and that there's no mod push for it.

You phrased it as a "mod push", and while Rip's reply may be true in that there is no "mod push", such a push would count for hardly more than a "player push" and any lack of "pushing" within the mod team doesn't mean that the CMs of our market and/or other markets have not advocated the change in the necessary channels.

DeletedUser

You phrased it as a "mod push", and while Rip's reply may be true in that there is no "mod push", such a push would count for hardly more than a "player push" and any lack of "pushing" within the mod team doesn't mean that the CMs of our market and/or other markets have not advocated the change in the necessary channels.

Sorry, when Da Twista said "Early next year we are going to push for these two items" I took that to mean that the moderators were going to push. I guess I don't have a solid understanding of the role that Da Twista plays in comparison to moderators. I had thought, I'm guessing incorrectly, that Da Twista manages the moderators and that the "we" he was referring to was the moderators.

All I know is that from my point of view, the developers recently took the time to make a change to the prices of the items and deploy that change, but did not in fact make the items auctionable as was suggested that there would be some sort of "push" for. So here I am pushing too.

I'm just hoping that the price increase wasn't some sort of concession in place of making the items auctionable.

DeletedUser

The price would need to be raised, at least, for making those items to pay a higher than normal fee to get into the market. I thought that was the first step.

Since people payed 50k for the bag where they got the DOI and the Thongs, 50k selling to the trader is a good price.

Still... for those items, they should not be available to sell to the trader. They are limited on each server. Yeah i know they will be back this year for the same upb-nuggets price.
But even so, there where very few dropping from the bags. I used 7M i had on one server and didn´t got any of those 2 (neither 3 pieces of the winter set).
So there aren´t so much around.

A easier option was to place a single price of $350000 on the DOI and $175000 on the tongs and make them auctionable instead of sellables.
That way, 95% of the server multis would never have money to get them into the market but people can still sell them to others that can pay for them.
At the same time, it would be still cheaper to get them from the shop during the events when they are sold.

But there is another item that should already be auctionable: The butter biscuit.
I know people that have 3 from the gifts of the christmas calendar and they cannot sell them on the market to the unlucky ones that collect those things and didn´t got lucky on the gifts(like me). Since it´s just a collector item, let it be auctionable for the collectors to get. It doesn´t change anything in the game :D

DeletedUser8627

Feedback: The DoI and tongs are now sellable but not auctionable. We would like to keep the DoI and tongs as exclusive items within the game which means that we will allow players to sell the item but not place it on the market for an erratic price.

The bag which you could gain this item costed 50 nuggets or 50k in game cash, the buy price of this item has been raised to $100 000 which means it can be sold for $50 000.

This will then give your in-game cash back for the money spent for gaining a duplicate.

DeletedUser

Feedback: The DoI and tongs are now sellable but not auctionable. We would like to keep the DoI and tongs as exclusive items within the game which means that we will allow players to sell the item but not place it on the market for an erratic price.

The bag which you could gain this item costed 50 nuggets or 50k in game cash, the buy price of this item has been raised to $100 000 which means it can be sold for $50 000.

This will then give your in-game cash back for the money spent for gaining a duplicate.

Wow... pretty lame and frustrating to say the least. I shouldn't be surprised though. It seems to me that Inno is more interested in the potential to sell more of those DOIs and Tongs again than they are about making them exclusive. A lot of players have them now.

I figured that the price increase was a concession. Personally, I was hoping to spend an erratic price on a DOI considering I spent an erratic amount of nugs trying to obtain one from the event but fell short. I have a ton of those exclusive tongs though and 50K is a joke. Sure, one bag cost 50K or 50 nugs but how many bags on average did someone have to go through to get either of those items to drop? And seriously, what exclusive in game item is worth 50K? Many droppable, named items sell for far more than 50K in the market and they're completely free to obtain.

DeletedUser35520

if allowed, i'd gladly sell mine to another player for the 50k or in the case of the extra DOI, give it away to a friend. the 50k back offer, does not work when i spent nuggets to buy it

DeletedUser35968

I bought around 100s of 50k bags and neither got tongs nor DoI

DeletedUser

First of all the 50 K sell price is not good for people who spend nuggets for buying those bags. After that: How many people you can find that willing to sell their items like DoI or tong for 50 K? How many Bond/Nuggets those originally cost? And of course you do not look at the fact that people that got those were super lucky. I opened more than 150 bags in 1 world most of those with nuggets to get my hand on the DoI and I found a tong which I already spend bonds to get it so it's double, all we want is to have a chance to trade those doubles for nice cash on the market. I personally do not mind if inno give people that have a double of tong or DoI the other one and remove their doubles. :D