Make it possible for the duel level to go down.

DeletedUser25480

@sumdumass the Op never suggested that there would be a bottom cap. Must I assume therefore there will be one? @ Hellstromm --- i will refrain from insults such as yourself.....:rolleyes:

the idea cant pass because it wont get the 70% needed to pass to the next stage. Thats because on certain topics no one can agree.

Like I said I have skimmed so far if I went into full assault(tank mode) i would probably find more and more and more reasons why your idea wont work. That is if I really felt there is a chance of this idea passing. Which I don't.

@ what hs said further. What? 1. lets reduce it:100%motivation will give you more xp if you drop dueling levels?
2.yes but then you will be probably ko'd constantly as others see your easy gear. defeating the purpose
3.this will be lessened by the effect that others will also be following this strategy.

but I dont see this as a good solution for the problem. So will leave this idea to die a natural death..:laugh::laugh:

i personally think that you are simply stating your opinion regarding the majority support, how about we let it go to a vote and then see? i fail to see how anyone can pass a judgement on this regarding the support is has whether they are against it or supporting it. Judging by your previous posts i'd say that you are a very bad source to rely on regarding dueling, you mentioned how you wouldn't support this post unless it affected non duelers when it is an idea based solely on dueling so i personally fail to see how it could affect non-duelers unless someone said "oh all non-duelers can no longer be dueled" -_-. You have posted in nearly every single thread regarding DL stating the same thing which is pretty much "this idea wont pass the 70%, if i wanted to i'd find loads of problems but i cba to show this evidence so people can make their own minds up".

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'd be more open to a DL going down over time suggestion. Something like 1% duel XP per week unless you win a duel during the week. Actually initiating a duel would probably be better, esp for the very high DLs which fall in a sparsely populated range of DLs. It seems reasonable that a retired gunman's rep would dwindle. Then again, the current system also seems reasonable, because even if you have respecced and lost your skills, youngsters would still want to make a name for themselves by dueling you.

DeletedUser563

@sagaris- example last year High King Slaine was following me around almost on schedule. You really needed to sleep when he was around. Then his level got too high to duel me. If he could lower it he could keep on dueling me a NON DUELER:eek::eek: forever meaning the natural progression of any sport is not followed: for example boxing from amateur to district - regional- country - world. you guys want to be stuck in the regionals forever. but you now want to subvert the 0 mot scenario meaning you want to keep on getting xp while fighting weaker opponents. Just as you are entitled to your incorrect assumptions I am entitled to my correct assumptions. There no way this idea will pass. Its not a good solution. Just accept it and find a better one.:p

For example:lets base your dueling levels on your dueling skills: are you Sagaris brave enough to pass such an idea and then fight only people with equal strength than you. I wanted to suggest it but know that such an idea would also never pass as duelers would vote it down as most prefer weaker opponents.

DeletedUser30834

Well, the way it works now, your duel level will never be lower then your player level. you can have never participated in a duel at all and be level 120, your duel level with be 120 also. I do not see why that would change because of this, but if it did, I agree it would need fixed..

Maybe a bottom level of 10 or 15 levels higher then the player level could be installed to alleviate some concerns.. Something where the negative XP simply doesn't reduce anything after you go below a certain number if duel levels higher then your player level. Say like if the reduction factor doesn't even work less then 15 levels above your player level.

DeletedUser25480

@sagaris- example last year High King Slaine was following me around almost on schedule. You really needed to sleep when he was around. Then his level got too high to duel me. If he could lower it he could keep on dueling me a NON DUELER:eek::eek: forever meaning the natural progression of any sport is not followed: for example boxing from amateur to district - regional- country - world. you guys want to be stuck in the regionals forever. but you now want to subvert the 0 mot scenario meaning you want to keep on getting xp while fighting weaker opponents. Just as you are entitled to your incorrect assumptions I am entitled to my correct assumptions. There no way this idea will pass. Its not a good solution. Just accept it and find a better one.:p

For example:lets base your dueling levels on your dueling skills: are you Sagaris brave enough to pass such an idea and then fight only people with equal strength than you. I wanted to suggest it but know that such an idea would also never pass as duelers would vote it down as most prefer weaker opponents.

which brings us back to another previous post... if the DL dropped duelers would find they have other duelers in there level range rather than the helpless adventurers (you), you might actually find he either wouldnt be dueling you due to other targets or even that he cant duel you due to other duelers hitting him.

i sure am brave enough to fight anyway with a similar skill range, iv never 0 mot'd so im used to dueling higher lvls than myself anyway so i fail to see how that is relevant also but how about you think for the greater cause of the game rather than you not wanting to be dueled? especially since on a previous DL thread you said no to the DL being changeable unless it affects non-duelers :blink: (how would you even propose this?).

Also how can you speak for the entire range of duelers in this game? from my personal experience (being a dueler on 6 worlds) most duelers are more inclined to duel the "famous" duelers of the world since a win is certainly something to brag about then ;)

DeletedUser563

which brings us back to another previous post... if the DL dropped duelers would find they have other duelers in there level range rather than the helpless adventurers (you), you might actually find he either wouldnt be dueling you due to other targets or even that he cant duel you due to other duelers hitting him.

i sure am brave enough to fight anyway with a similar skill range, iv never 0 mot'd so im used to dueling higher lvls than myself anyway so i fail to see how that is relevant also but how about you think for the greater cause of the game rather than you not wanting to be dueled? especially since on a previous DL thread you said no to the DL being changeable unless it affects non-duelers :blink: (how would you even propose this?).

Also how can you speak for the entire range of duelers in this game? from my personal experience (being a dueler on 6 worlds) most duelers are more inclined to duel the "famous" duelers of the world since a win is certainly something to brag about then ;)

arghh..when will you understand that duelers can duel other duelers and non duelers(players without dueling skills) so although you think this is only a dueler topic. This will massively affect non duelers as well. I also dont remember saying what you claim perhaps you can stop being lazy and put the full quote here. And lastly its not for the greater good imo since you do not want to consider the affect this will have on non duelers. But hey bring it to vote so we can vote it down. Enough talking.

DeletedUser25480

arghh..when will you understand that duelers can duel other duelers and non duelers(players without dueling skills) so although you think this is only a dueler topic. This will massively affect non duelers as well. I also dont remember saying what you claim perhaps you can stop being lazy and put the full quote here. And lastly its not for the greater good imo since you do not want to consider the affect this will have on non duelers. But hey bring it to vote so we can vote it down. Enough talking.

i'll find it later and pm you with it, i think you'll find EVERY player has dueling skills so you cant really say non-duelers are completely defenseless, dueling WAS the main feature of this game now its rapidly falling into disrepair with all the updates etc influencing it, this feature could bring back dueling and thus bring more life to older worlds stop thinking about "oh i might be dueled poor me :(" and start thinking "more players, more activity, more towns, more active market" hell it would even make more revenue for inno...

DeletedUser563

no dueling was never the main activity before the updates. there was a lot of other stuff also going on. and although 10 might be in your book:dueling skills it aint in mine.

Just pitch your tent ,needed for this circus , thats gonna be needed to pull over this :donkey: of an idea at development discussions

DeletedUser

@sagaris- example last year High King Slaine was following me around almost on schedule. You really needed to sleep when he was around. Then his level got too high to duel me. If he could lower it he could keep on dueling me a NON DUELER:eek::eek:

Every win would put his level higher above yours, and even if he were 0%mot dueling, your level would be dropping all the time putting you farther out of his reach. This proposal would benefit players who are being picked on.

DeletedUser13388

Every win would put his level higher above yours, and even if he were 0%mot dueling, your level would be dropping all the time putting you farther out of his reach. This proposal would benefit players who are being picked on.

True.

And by the way Jakkals, that game meant to be about dueling.You were either dueler or either quester, but almost every quester was reskilling in dueler later.Forts were added later and sadly they become the main part of this game.It evolved from single-player game to multi-player game.

DeletedUser563

My join date is shown dragon. Refer this to development discussions already.

DeletedUser25480

My join date is shown dragon. Refer this to development discussions already.

and what does that have to do with the discussion? the way i see it you wont be happy til someone implements that duelers can only duel each other and ,lets be honest, that isn't happening

DeletedUser

I'd be more open to a DL going down over time suggestion. Something like 1% duel XP per week unless you win a duel during the week. Actually initiating a duel would probably be better, esp for the very high DLs which fall in a sparsely populated range of DLs. It seems reasonable that a retired gunman's rep would dwindle. Then again, the current system also seems reasonable, because even if you have respecced and lost your skills, youngsters would still want to make a name for themselves by dueling you.
THAT is a good idea.

DeletedUser563

no i think everything has been considered we should move to vote.