Make Duling an actual thing

DeletedUser35174

My idea is simple, id like duling to be as rewarding as fortfights are, forters get a lot of XP and bonds from battles and i dont see a fortfight motivation bar. Duling is basically impossible for lower level people because of duling level. I believe that duling level should be gotten rid of, and duel motivation is removed too, so people can actually level up purely by dueling, and i dont mean get thousands of Xp a duel... but a little more than 10 would be nice. It irritates me when so many young players are completely disheartened and avoid duling because of of their duling level going too high. Forters and workers will cry, but so what... why should duling be put aside and treated as a side activity, this is the west after all.

DeletedUser36843

I'm not sure how this'll be added or what'll be changed but jonduans idea is spot on, for too long now have duelers had a tough time leveling up, questing and earning money, all at the same time getting poached by higher levels, and yes many were upset when 0%mot dueling was a thing, but just as many feuds and arguments are caused from ff's, its silly such a great part of the game has been so badly nerfed while others just as anger/argument inducing prone haven't been touched.

Just because a few 50 year old virgin workers who have been building the same town for 10 years get angry at a few duels doesn't mean dueling shouldn't be fun or core part of the game.

The idea is great, although its up to the devs how they implement this, but it'll revive dueling and hopefully increase the time newbies that duel actually stay.

DeletedUser35174

Ha ha. I'm with ya mate :D. I dont get why a level 60 or 80 who starts duling has to go up against 100s and 120s in a few days... its absolutely idiotic. Duling is part of the game... it should be part of the game.

DeletedUser15368

There's no point trying to fix duelling, forts are pay to win enough, duels have an even more massive gap depending on your ability to pay for premium sets. It would simply be a waste of development resources.

DeletedUser35174

yeah but its a huge part of the game thats just disregarded and set aside.

DeletedUser36843

There's no point trying to fix duelling, forts are pay to win enough, duels have an even more massive gap depending on your ability to pay for premium sets. It would simply be a waste of development resources.

Fair enough, but that doesnt mean they can't change a few factors with dueling, it wouldn't be THAT hard, and it'd be worth it.

canufeelit

i'm sorry i disagree as well... theres enough ways to advantage urself in duels now with sets. making it lucrative as well will just descend into a duelfest

DeletedUser36843

just shows how much needs to change with dueling to make it fun... or just so it works lol

DeletedUser35174

I'm arguing for dulers.... dont really care about other whiners. The game is called the west not pacifiers and diapers.

jarograv

Motivation serves to accomplish exactly what you want. More than 10xp but not lucrative to create a "duelfest". I grinded from about Lvl 142 to 150 mostly by duelling. It just requires you to use motivation buffs which are usually cheap. Also pretty sure the last duelling formula update made it less chance based and more skill based (greatly benefiting those with upgraded tamboola sets).

Agreed on one thing though. Getting hit by level 120s at level 80 sucks and so does only having 10 targets at duel level 300+. The goal appears to be to put you against tougher opponents but that just doesn't seem to be working while 0mot/3%mot is still a thing and high duelling level duellers are impossible to find.

DeletedUser35174

Yeah and the way the sets are designed, at level 80 you'll get 5 skillpoints and at level 120 you'll have 20 odd.... its completely broken.

DeletedUser

hmm, when i wanted to get massive xp and go power leveling, i always dueled. i think it's the fastest way to get xp if you are active enough.

DeletedUser35174

No i mean what level was your character when you started duling?

DeletedUser35533

- from me. If you want to go all realism on it, motivation bar should stay. would you feel like getting into 10 duels in a day? same with some protections, even in the west you could not just duel whomever you wanted. low level player can duel other players whos level also went up and it is actually an incentive for them to level their character .tombola sets having no level limits, I often see level 70-90 people farming 120+. pure dueling is parasitic, you are complaining that you are not earning as much exp and money as people who grind for it? workers who don't earn money or drop product could say the same thing but they have their exp bonus and duelers have their advantages.

DeletedUser35174

That's alright then. Im talking about the people under lvl 100 who can't start duling because of the duling level.. within a week their duling level will only permit them to duel 120s+ when they're only 50-60.

How is that fun for dulers?