Make Duling an actual thing

DeletedUser35174

- from me. If you want to go all realism on it, motivation bar should stay. would you feel like getting into 10 duels in a day? same with some protections, even in the west you could not just duel whomever you wanted. low level player can duel other players whos level also went up and it is actually an incentive for them to level their character .tombola sets having no level limits, I often see level 70-90 people farming 120+. pure dueling is parasitic, you are complaining that you are not earning as much exp and money as people who grind for it? workers who don't earn money or drop product could say the same thing but they have their exp bonus and duelers have their advantages.

Im complaining that someone can't start duling until they're 120+ because of their duling level.

Al35ul

Removing the dueling level and/or duel motivation bar is not that good of an idea. But I do understand what you're trying to say; perhaps inno should come up with better means of lowering duel level (which could also be a solution for the 450 duelers who barely have any targets). Personally, I don't have any objections with how dueling is at the moment...with the exception of the formula which utterly sucks :p.

DeletedUser15368

with the exception of the formula which utterly sucks :p.
The formula is the best it's ever been, it's close to the original, but with nerfed resistance. The issue is that it can't deal with the sheer amount of skill points you get from Tombola sets. The random element of stance isn't so much a thing anymore, it's all about who has the more upgraded clothing imo.

You see a similar thing in Fort battles, where the formula was last balanced when Precise Winchester was the strongest gun in the game. Basically screw Tombolas, pls new Classic world for all your duelling needs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Al35ul

I've actually had instances, though not that commonly, where the "luck factor" played quite a big role in the duels.
Classic world was the best idea that inno came up with lately (and by lately I mean a few years) but unfortunately, from what I read, it's highly unlikely that it's going to be extended or made permanent.

Pankreas PorFavor

within a week their duling level will only permit them to duel 120s+ when they're only 50-60.

How is that fun for dulers?

I would say it's probably a lot of fun for them. At least those level 60-90 duelers who are farming my pure trader in beta with level = duel level = 150 think it's fun. you have much much MUCH more duel targets when you are a middle level dueler farming all those high level pure builds (traders, builders, even FFers), then when you are a level 150 dueler with high DL.
the issue arises when you are a level 60-90 dueler who suddenly meets one of those ex-traders/builders/whatever who decided to reskill, and then get your behind kicked on a regular basis.

DeletedUser35533

Im complaining that someone can't start duling until they're 120+ because of their duling level.
and im telling you I personally know players who started dueling a lot earlier.you should be able to do it, unless you are on a completely dead world where your character is the only newbie.