Mafia - the next generation Rd 2

DeletedUser

This is a new generation in the mafia gaming here on The West forums. Instead of doing 48hours, it'll be 24 hours, basically making the game quicker and much more interactive. I've done this on facebook with my friends and also at parties in real life at my house. So I know how the game runs.

Intro: This is not a web based game, this is the classic card mafia game that many of us have played at parties. The rules are about the same but may be a little bit tricky to explain. This isn't as complicated as it initially sounds and I can guarantee that it will be a LOT of fun. I will be the moderator and impartial to all the players, I don't care who wins. I will randomly assign roles to people and PM them their appropriate roles. I will be part of no team. In future games, perhaps other people will step in as moderator once we're all familiar with the game, I would like to play as well!

The setting: You are in a small Italian community and the mafia has infiltrated the village. At night time, they senselessly murder villagers and act as common folk during the day, they are indistinguishable from common villagers. The town ruler (me) has decided to hold a meeting everyday to lynch one person that the town suspects is a mafia member.

Characters: Depending on how many actually want to play the number of roles will change. Hopefully we will have eleven members; 3 mafia, 1 seer, 1 doctor and rest are common citizens. Everyone is assumed to be citizen, however I will PM 5 randomly chosen people of their secretive roles of mafiosa, cop, and doctor. It is up to you to keep this secret, this is a game of deceit so you want to gain knowledge and trick anyone you can.

Mafia: Your job is meet with your fellow Mafia every night and kill a citizen. Send a private message to your fellow mafia and send me your final decision nightly. You do not want to be caught so you must pose as a citizen daily.

Seer: You are undercover, you are a citizen with a special privilege. You are able to Private message me nightly and ask about 1 player to find out what their secret identity is. I will not reveal any of this information except to you. Do with it as you wish.

Doctor: You are a citizen with the ability to save a citizen. If a citizen is attacked by the mafia, you revive the citizen back to life. You private message me nightly who you would like to save. You may save anyone hint hint, even yourself.

Citizen: Common folk, no role just figure out who's trying to kill you!

There are two sides: Good (the villagers, seer, and the doctor) and bad (mafia). The good people win by eliminating all mafioso and the bad guys win by staying alive. If there are, at any time, less villagers alive, the bad guys will win.

Gameplay:

Day begins at 6am (GMT-5). Lasts 24 hours. This is to speed up the game. I know we are on different time zones, but you don't need to be on as soon as the day begins and ends. Just come on when you normally come on.

Mafia: PM each other who you would like to kill, then PM me who you want killed by 6am (GMT-5) DAILY.

Seer: PM before 6am daily of who you want to know their identity. Do with the info as you wish.

Doctor: PM every day before 6am to tell me who you want to save... you may save yourself.

At 6am I will tell the gruesome tale of whom was killed.

Throughout the day discuss who done it??? Use deceit and vote throughout the day. Defend yourself if you are accused! Change your vote throughout the day as many times as you want. Mafia pose as citizens, accuse others. Also, note that you do not have to vote at all, but there has to be a majority to lynch a citizen. This game is about deceit, not randomly voting.

By 6 am the next day all votes are accounted for the person to be lynched. Put all votes in BOLD I VOTE FOR BOB There must be a majority to lynch someone. If there are 10 players there must be 6 votes to lynch. This makes it tougher to lynch. If you don't have enough votes then there aren't enough votes then no one is lynched that day. Watch the players not voting in the majority... are they the mafia??? or are the mafia voting for their fellow mafia to trick you???

Strategy: The purpose of this game is deceit and observation, so use that to your advantage. A good example of deceit is that anyone can post and state that they're a seer or doctor(including the mafia members) during the daytime, so choose your allies carefully. On the other end, if you reveal that you're the cop and really do reveal the identity of a mafioso, you can rest assured that they're probably going to eliminate you the following night. On the other end, if you notice that a certain three people haven't really been voting for each other in any kind of majority, then use your skills of observation and post your observations when you cast your vote during the day. This game definitely favors the clever. There are soooo many strategies that can be employed it's ridiculous.

Notes:

* This is a long and involving game, DO NOT sign-up if you're not clear on what you're doing, or if you're not going to be able to post at least once every 24 hours.

* Cheating, there really is no cheating, the whole game is deceiving etc.. PM each other, lie, cheat steal, this is the mafia!!! Remember if you are lying, chances are the others are lying to you :eek:hmy:

* If you're dead you may speak beyond the grave since I will not reveal the true identities to the dead so a dead person knows nothing more than you do. Dead people write in blue so we know you are dead.

* This isn't really a roleplaying game in the sense that you really act out a character, but getting into it and acting as if you ARE a character makes the game A LOT more fun for everyone involved.

* This game is a modified version of this party game of the same name.

As soon as we have enough players then we will begin. I will message players at random of your roles. I will drop all names in a hat and randomly select your roles. (Note: this round will not start until we have enough players to ensure a winner and not a draw)

1. Darknoon5
2. king david
4. johannmaximus
5. David Schofield

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

should Zortar be a mod of this game, u guys all know what he did .

DeletedUser

He did and failed. That's why he's acting like a little school kid.

One of the mafia went rouge and broke the rules and divest failed to do his part and keep the game within the rules. All I did was call the rouge mafia out, and he calls that childish.
You ratted out your fellow mafia member because you were killed. Since you couldn't play anymore you decided nobody should be able to play anymore. I'm really surprised you are trying to host a mafia game when you so utterly failed to comprehend how it worked when you did play it.

DeletedUser8950

So the same 6-year-old who ruined the other thread suddenly believes he's matured enough to handle moderating a game which requires he remain impartial? I have a strong feeling he'll cave in to the politics or simply give in to boredom.

I can't wait until we start the adult version of this game in a month or two when everyone is over the fact that idiots keep ruining our games.
I must agree, but I guess we should give him a second chance-though I wouldn't go straight in with hosting a round
And Zortar, in real life, if it benefits them, Mafia turn on themselves. That's not called going rouge. It's survival of the fittest, smartest or whatever.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13682

I'll just go with it, and if it doesn't work, what have I lost? Nothing!

DeletedUser

I cleaned up the thread besides a few posts that summarized the entire conversation. From now on, please post only if you want to sign up.

DeletedUser

Hey, if you can't own up to your mistakes it's better just to ignore the heat!

DeletedUser8950

Aww. Someone's feelings are hurt!

Do you need a hug?
Lmao he gave me bad rep (tried actually-he doesn't have enough posts) because I started up a new mafia thread, calling it another failed one.
We'll see who's failed after it starts up Zortar;)
Zortar, I'm not hateing here, please mature, grow up, apoligize AND THEN come back.