Mafia: Round 3 (REDUX)

DeletedUser

Omg, give it up. Game is over. Nobody is going to lie and out all the mafia. Zortar confessed. Dazzy confessed. Even if Jazzy wasn't mafia the mafia can't win.

DeletedUser

Jordan=Mafioso. He was MIA at the time too, since it was his birthday, so, he would have to be number three since the only other one that was gone was Jazzy, (Im going by Dazzy saying 2 people were MIA and Zotar saying Jazzy is not mafioso, so Jordan must be #3.).

DeletedUser

It doesn't matter. There is only 1 mafia you do not know. It takes a majority vote to kill someone off. That means even if miraculously the last mafia survived until there were only 3 people left 2 of them are not mafia and only 1 is. Not only that but the Seer is still in play.

DeletedUser

Game is over, guys.

With only one mafia out there, there's simply no way that they can win. Besides, the game doesn't make any sense to play at this point.

Zortar, you pretty much ruined this game by acting like a scorned child. If I attempt to host this game again, I will definitely ban you from play. You are no longer welcome to participate in any future games that I should oversee under any circumstances.

As George said, this game simply doesn't work because it takes a certain amount of mature posters to play, a number that's unrealistic to ask for, I guess.

Also, the dead players strategizing with the villagers is also unacceptable. There would be very little point in being dead if it were. That didn't lead to the demise of the game overall, but that's another key point that I think needs to be driven home in all this mess.

DeletedUser13682

Round two, was ok, we struggled with Sam's suicide, but this game just sucked. I would like to try again though, with the immature posters out of the game.

DeletedUser

Actually I still think the first game was by far the most successful, the only reason it sucked was because Gem got killed by the mafia first round, leaving us with no seer and basically no hope.

The most frustrating thing for me is that I still haven't seen how the game actually plays out. I surmise that the mafia have 2 main options, either murder the person the seer has exposed as a villager, and hope the seer gets lynched, or murder someone else, hoping to eliminate the seer. I suspect they are better off doing the first, because having 2 or more publicly acknowledged villagers could definitely swing the game away from them, but I'm not sure, maybe attempting to eliminate the seer asap is more effective.

DeletedUser13682

The villagers, can't say we, I wasn't in the first round, killed the seer the first round. And I played this game in performance, so I know how it's supposed to work.

DeletedUser13682

That sounds like a good idea. Hopefully the mods will be unbiased. I'm talking about anyone who decides to mod, if we still use that system.

DeletedUser8950

I think all the players from the first round should be invited to round 4.

DeletedUser

You guys need to spice it up a little. My friends and I play this on facebook... not an application... but like this way on the forum with a few different rules:

first off we do it in a 24 hour period, mafia kills at night and 6am the next day I, the narrator tell how they died, then everyone argues during that day and vote. at 6am the next day a person is lynched and the mob kills again. 48 hours is a looong time to wait for people to die and stuff. Game goes much quicker this way.

Also, instead of having one seer that tells everyone make them hold the information and let them do what they wish with it. Kind of a good strategy is anyone can say I'm the seer and I know who the mob is, but they may be killed by the mob.

Also, we have a doctor. This person protects one player every night. they message the narrator and say I want "bob" to be protected and they can't be killed by the mob the next day.

DeletedUser

Well we are dealing with players that may not log in every single day and major time differences. We have players from USA, UK, Australia, etc. I think 48 hours works well for the villagers although I wouldn't mind mafia having only 24 hours. It is only 3 people and they have the entire daytime as well to discuss who they would like to kill during the evening phase.

We haven't really had a game with a Seer yet. First game they got killed by Mafia in first round. Second game the Seer committed suicide before night even fell. This game imploded after one round.

We'll get it all sorted.

DeletedUser

another thing we do is me as the nararator I choose someone in the middle of the game if the mafia is loosing I email a townsperson and tell them they have decided to join the family. And then post there is a trader among you... someone has joined the "family"