Mafia: Forum Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

oh it made us all suspect darknoon even more actually. Kind of threw us off the track.

Ok, so how do we get this going again, it was a lot of fun! TRUST NO ONE! hehe. I thought maybe I got murdered because I was onto something. Just goes to show that once the seer is gone the game gets much more difficult, as that is the equalizer for innocents because mafia can communicate with each other. Garunteed to be a different game next round though.

Sign me up! (maybe more players? If there is enough interest now. to keep it fair, for every new innocent a new mafia as well?)

DeletedUser

I'll give this next round a miss as I cant guarantee when/if i'll be online this weekend , but will follow the next game with interest ;)

DeletedUser8950

HAHAHAHAHAHA SUCKERS

Man that was fun. I've already talked to Divest and I do believe I will be the moderator for the next round so Divest can play.

Congrats to the Mafia and all villagers that survived.
GAH I WAS RIGHT! I WAS RIGHT!!!! GAAHHHH!I shouldn't have changed my vote.
I knew I'd regret that:sad:

DeletedUser

Yeah yeah, everybody knew I was Mafia yet only MoSa1 and Darknoon ever voted for me. And they both withdrew their votes.

I'm pretty sure more people thought Darknoon was Mafia than they thought I was.

DeletedUser

That was fun. I'll be interested to see how it all works with the seer in play though, because I think that really took a level of complexity away from it all when we took out the seer so early.

Anyway, thanks to everyone who played, and Divest too of course!

DeletedUser

We aren't ready yet. I have to talk to Divest first. Will let you know when Sign Ups are and get everything sorted.

DeletedUser3717

Okay, lets hope Divest or you Don't drink too much this time and accidently kill me off again :p

DeletedUser

Yeah, I'm definitely looking to the next one. By the way, if there's any suggests or comments about the last game and things that you think would be able to be improved, please let me know so I can write it in the rules and create a new game later down the road.

I'm working on more customized variations of the game with more roles and hopefully more slots. We'll see how the next couple of rounds turn out before I expand this as far as I truly think it could go.

DeletedUser

I think an outright majority required to lynch gives the mafia too much of an edge when manipulating voting , It might be different if it was just whoever had the most votes and drawn between them if it was a "hung" jury

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well in a way requiring a majority actually makes the mafia's life more difficult if they are not simply voting together. A pretty obvious tactic, and one we used this time, is to not vote together during the public votes. If you have to have a majority, it makes it more difficult for the mafia to spread their votes and thereby avoid looking linked. Also, if you require a majority it stimulates more discussion because people have to be persuaded to shift their votes.

DeletedUser

Well in a way requiring a majority actually makes the mafia's life more difficult if they are not simply voting together. A pretty obvious tactic, and one we used this time, is to not vote together during the public votes. If you have to have a majority, it makes it more difficult for the mafia to spread their votes and thereby avoid looking linked. Also, if you require a majority it stimulates more discussion because people have to be persuaded to shift their votes.

This is entirely true and is exactly the reason why the voting won't be changed.

What I'm thinking I need to do is give the villagers more resources. In every game the seer has been taken out from the start. (Though it was because of horrible tactics on both of the seer's parts, it's not fair to the villagers.) In the first, Gem was way too quiet and made herself instantly suspicious to the mafia. In the second, an incompetent was chosen for seer and he couldn't handle it. In the third, I'm thinking I need to add another role, though I'm not sure what. The third round definitely is not going to be a mafia game. I'm going to take the current ruleset and adapt it into something else, though exactly what is yet to be seen at this point. I'm going to add a new theme with the same basic structure of play.

DeletedUser

From only being in one game and being on the saughtered villagers side , divest you say people were obvious , but that is with full knowledge of there roles, you were obvious yourself remember when you said it didnt make any difference when you killed off the wrong person

Most will be new to this game and take a while to appreciate what you think is obvious , and it is a very different thing to ask questions Face to face in a real life game than it is over a forum ,,,......... not even encluding timezone issues.

Basically I think the way that you are blaming the lack of the seer after the 1st round is just pure stuborness and trying to deflect fault

2nd edit remind me who voted for gem again?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Hmm.

Well, of course the roles were known to me, but I felt that certain behaviors made it more obvious than others. Gem staying quiet, to me, was a huge red flag, and that's why the mafia killed her in the first place. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by "deflecting the guilt". Aside from that, sure, I killed the wrong person but get over it. It's funny to joke about it for awhile but to pretend that it made any difference whatsoever is laughable at best. If anything, it gave the villagers a slight edge since it pretty much confirmed that James probably wasn't a mafioso. An edge that you guys badly needed.

DeletedUser

Erm James? if you are going to say that it didnt matter who was killed off wrongly at least get it right!!.

I cant be bothered to scroll back though this thread to quote it but I believe it was darknoon who was supposed to be hanged:p

DeletedUser

Yeah, yeah but that doesn't change a damned thing I've said other than the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.