Luck value for recipe drops?

• Thread starter DeletedUser2708
  • Start date

DeletedUser2708

I've been looking for an up-to-date answer to this question but haven't found it, so sorry if it's actually already posted somewhere. I'm at the point where I've crafted my way up to about 500 on all of my toons, and I need to find some of the higher end recipes, but I can't quite figure out how to tell what job to work for the drops. For instance, if I'm looking for the recipe Open a Geode, which has a sales price of $1750 and a purchase price of $3500, what luck value does a job need to be in order for me to have a chance that it will drop? Am I correct in assuming it can drop at any job with a luck value between $1750 and $3500? That certainly seems logical enough, so naturally since this is TW I have to question if it will work. ;)

To clarify: if I got to TWDB and use the calculator tool to determine which job to work for a particular recipe drop, do I go by the sales price or the purchase price?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30417

Only the purchase price matters for luck drops. So you can find 'Open a geode' on jobs with luck ranges that include $3500. For example this could be a luck range of $1500-$4500 or $2000-$6000.

DeletedUser

also: go for jobs with random product drop, those tend to drop much more recipes than other jobs :D, I suggest: Break up gangs, try it...you-ll thank me later