Luck drops, the west 2.0

DeletedUser

"to form a theory about due to the "LUCK" bar we had before. "

That means: before 2.0.
If you remember, we had a Luck Bar in the work window, like the current motivation and danger bar now. It was filled up to 24% for 1h and it got smaller together with motivation and it raised after equipping holiday set items.
If you read my text carefully, I answer all of your questions...

"There's no way to predict now what the chance drop rate is per xx amount of time, because there's no more luck bar. But I am going ahead and assuming it did not change, because for 1h jobs I get pretty much the same amount of drops."

Deleted User - 1278415

I have to say I actually found a grey tie when I had 52% luck set on. You might be on to something... regardless if there isnt a luck bar, 100% motivation.

And on another world I had only 25% luck set on and I found some cigars which are truly difficult to find at 11% not sure if the luck set helped... but I had already done the job 13 times without finding a single cigar. Maybe it was the 2 times I had the 25% luck on that helped me find the cigar or dumb luck that it takes 14 times to find them.

DeletedUser

I've just finished Indian belt part of 'The treasure' quest and thought I'd share the news. Requirements doubled for that quest and I had to do 48 hours of peace negotiation job instead of 24. During that time I found 2 calumets.

DeletedUser

I've just finished Indian belt part of 'The treasure' quest and thought I'd share the news. Requirements doubled for that quest and I had to do 48 hours of peace negotiation job instead of 24. During that time I found 2 calumets.

meh i found 6 of those in the 14 hours i had to do so far, big difference is prolly i did it silver\gold

secondly the product drops have improved on EVERY job, except for 30 minute jobs(those are slightly worse) and 2 hour jobs(those remained the same) compared to the old system, in other words per 24 energy spend on a job you get more to much more products then in tw.1. so i can't understand complaints about finding products seeing those drops just improved.

And on top of that silver and gold jobs are there as well and those really give much much more products then before

getting 2 calumets on that 48 hours of peace is just unlucky i guess, some jobs you get lucky some you don't, for instance i done 10 times transporting prisoners: 30 % droprate since gold and found 1 shackle, i done 20 golden picking agaves and found 19 tequila(droprate 72%) so sometimes you get lucky and sometimes you don't

Though honestly i sometimes got the feeling that jobs with 30% or less droprate really drop badly, but thats just feeling i think job analyser tells otherwise :p

DeletedUser30417

secondly the product drops have improved on EVERY job, except for 30 minute jobs(those are slightly worse) and 2 hour jobs(those remained the same) compared to the old system, in other words per 24 energy spend on a job you get more to much more products then in tw.1. so i can't understand complaints about finding products seeing those drops just improved.

Transporting Alcohol yields 0.85 Rum on average for 24 energy spent in v2. While in V1 you would get 2 Rum on average for 24 energy spent. If you had made actual calculations on the 2-hour jobs then you would have noticed that there are several with decreased product drops. The same goes for the 1½-hour jobs.

I wish you were right and the droprates were similar as before on all the long duration jobs, but this is simply not true.

DeletedUser

Transporting Alcohol yields 0.85 Rum on average for 24 energy spent in v2. While in V1 you would get 2 Rum on average for 24 energy spent. If you had made actual calculations on the 2-hour jobs then you would have noticed that there are several with decreased product drops. The same goes for the 1½-hour jobs.

I wish you were right and the droprates were similar as before on all the long duration jobs, but this is simply not true.

yeah your right, except that its only for the jobs that had an insane droprate in tw.1 like transport alcohol and mercenary work and dig for rare gemstones, but it are only those 2, most 1.5 hour jobs slightly improved i thought i made a good spreadsheet before tw.2 came out and conclusion was that per 24 energy spend about half of the jobs had an 30% or more increase in droprate and in total 80 procent of jobs even had an increased droprate of products.

but it all fits the plan of the devs, make low level jobs drop more faster and easier(also helps crafting) and make high level jobs generally drop worse(though like i said its not so much the case), so begin game is easier and advanced game harder, so seeing the complaints about it atleast they succeeded at it, though i still think its way to easy, the only hard part is between lets say level 55-75 since you run out of quests

DeletedUser34464

The drop rate/per energy V1 vs V2 may be comparable, but that ignores the real problem(to me anyway)- drop rate / RL time. Sure you can say I'm going to get the same say spike drops straightening the river per energy, but time is now going north of 40 hours RL to gather 10 for Cunninghams. So that's a week of doing nothing but 2 hour jobs- more realistically, if you plan on doing anything else in the game, you probably face a month of queueing 1 or 2 overnight.

DeletedUser

secondly the product drops have improved on EVERY job, except for 30 minute jobs(those are slightly worse) and 2 hour jobs(those remained the same) compared to the old system, in other words per 24 energy spend on a job you get more to much more products then in tw.1. so i can't understand complaints about finding products seeing those drops just improved. ...

I'm sorry but this is simply not true. Take 'peace negotiation' job for example. This is a 1 hour job and drop rate is significantly worse based on energy or time compared to the old system.

DeletedUser30417

yeah your right, except that its only for the jobs that had an insane droprate in tw.1 like transport alcohol and mercenary work and dig for rare gemstones, but it are only those 2, most 1.5 hour jobs slightly improved i thought i made a good spreadsheet before tw.2 came out and conclusion was that per 24 energy spend about half of the jobs had an 30% or more increase in droprate and in total 80 procent of jobs even had an increased droprate of products.

I don't consider the v1-droprates for Transporting Alcohol or Dig for Rare Gemstones "insane". Both jobs have a really high LP requirement, and the excellent product droprate justified investing that many AP & SP to be able to do those jobs. Without good product droprates both jobs become mediocre at best.

With the implementation of v2 practically every worthwhile high-end job is penalized. For me the changes in the jobsystem were the reason to disable my premium features (had Automation, Higher Income, More Energy & Character bonus active for many many months) and is the reason why I spent a lot less time in The West.

Maybe a lot of players like the new jobsystem, but I'm definately not one of those players. Hopefully the devs will realize that adjusting the jobsystem in certain areas will go a long way to make v2 more enjoyable to oldtimers like myself.

Deleted User - 1278415

Well if we have to live with the job system as they are, then I would like to see more jobs replace the tried and true jobs that dropped items like grave robber to include some same jobs with similar names that drop the same items but at longer time durations that allow for the better chance to drop the items that we were once use to.

I mean to have 3 jobs that drop wood, that means there is definitly room for options to have more jobs added to the job rings and hopefully that would allow for drops that use to be considerable to that of grave robber or other jobs that are now in the 2-5-30 min range that drop barely any items other than the product given by that particular job.

DeletedUser19740

all i can say is after doing GR for 290 strait times using pots, for motive changing to all luck clothes and such and premium to boot and still doing it as i speak and noooooo 3rd key.......... loved the old version, was a snap to get it. even with the luck clothes on i still had over 7800 LP. maybe sometimes in this new year i might get it

DeletedUser22685

290 times on grave robber in the new version only equates to roughly 24 hours on the old version. The problem is not many people can realistically queue 290 five minute jobs in any short amount of time.

DeletedUser

My worst time on grave robber was 144 hours, which didn't bother me that much. If the drop rate is proportional, that's 2880 five-minute jobs.

Deleted User - 1278415

Does anyone have the breakdown of all the jobs in a spreadsheet?

Just to see how many jobs like grave robber that we have at 5mins and how many jobs we have at 1 hour etc

Deleted User - 1278415

Thank you for that. exactly what I was looking for.

would be nice to have grave robber and treasure hunter switched places 1 hour for 5 min.

DeletedUser22685

That would be good, but it'd be even better if they were both just made one hour jobs. Whichever one is 5 minutes is going to be a completely useless job, and what's the point of having a useless job?

DeletedUser

Not too sure about that, Ive done 4hrs of Grave Robbing, for 2 drops, worth 7480. One drop every 2 hours. THat is very similar to what it was...... Sure that is 48 jobs, but they are only 5 mins. If you get lucky, its only 5 mins of your time for a 3700 item. Well worth it I say!!! Compared to 24hrs as a travelling merchant which has given me 5 items worth 23077.That is one item every 4 and a bit hrs. My luck is about 1000 extra in the job so that explains the difference in value. The job analyser is awesome! :p

DeletedUser18222

Not too sure about that, Ive done 4hrs of Grave Robbing, for 2 drops, worth 7480. One drop every 2 hours. THat is very similar to what it was...... Sure that is 48 jobs, but they are only 5 mins. If you get lucky, its only 5 mins of your time for a 3700 item. Well worth it I say!!! Compared to 24hrs as a travelling merchant which has given me 5 items worth 23077.That is one item every 4 and a bit hrs. My luck is about 1000 extra in the job so that explains the difference in value. The job analyser is awesome! :p

thing is, the chance of getting an item from GR is a lot smaller than the chance from TM.in the end,u would get more items from TM even if u were lucky on GR. it also seems TM seems to dropping a lot less lately :/

DeletedUser

Nope you would be wrong. TM is a 2 hour job. I have had 5 drops in 24 hrs. GR is a 5 min job, I have done under 8hrs of it, and have gotten now 5 drops. Most drops I have had is from Treasure Hunt which has given me 8 drops, but it has taken 39 hrs. Grave Robber is one of the better dropping jobs from this, in hours spent, but not in number of jobs. So as hours spent basically is related to energy use, it is better to use GR for more drops. Look at your analyser and you will see.