Luck drops, the west 2.0

DeletedUser

Thing is, in old tw.1 about 1 item dropped per 5 hours a little less then 5 hours actually

basically in tw.2 thats still the same, means grave robber you get 1 item drop approx per 60 jobs= 5 hours, where 5 jobs of travelling merchant=10 hours gives about 2 item drops.

i checked my job analyser and i done 1600 jobs totally about 320 hours and found 78 items, maybe i got really lucky, but i feel its safe to say you get about 1 item drop per 4-5 hours of jobs, where on short jobs you need to do loads to get 1(not to mention mot goes to 0 and you will find none then) where on 1-2 hours jobs you should be able to get decent drops.

quest items drop worse, where in the past many stuff was a certain or almost certain drops sometimes you gotta do it now 10-20 times, about key 3 i am wondering how well that will drop with GR, but to play it safe i gonna do that as travelling merchant

But its not like people said above that item droprate is lower then on tw.1. because it isn't however its timebased not based on the # of jobs you do. in the end you will receive about 1 drop per 4-5 hours, however that can be in 2 long jobs or 80 small ones, and especially if those are small ones due to the large # of jobs you do it seems nothing drops

DeletedUser16008

Very few will click fest 80 times+ not to mention it would take so long for motivation to be at a sensible level.

It is demotivating at best and infuriatingly frustrating at worst.

I am so glad the one account im keeping active has done everything required, I have no intention of wasting so much time clicking and im afraid never shall. There are better things to spend my time with than feeling like im wading through treacle getting nowhere.

DeletedUser

Very few will click fest 80 times+ not to mention it would take so long for motivation to be at a sensible level.

If you have automation and are completely unwilling to quickly 9 times every 45 mins, you are extremely lazy. Motivation may obviously be an issue (you can only use a cig once per two jobs), but we don't even know for sure that motivation affects third key drops. We're just assuming it because it's so much like a luck drop. Most people also find it with their motivation high, but most key hunters keep their motivation high.

DeletedUser

My two cents.
I've heard a lot of complains about changes to grave robber job. I think that both grave robber and WATM jobs because of the 3rd key are so important to this game that they should stay exactly the way they used to be, which is 1 hr jobs with the same rates of items and motivation drops a before.

DeletedUser22685

And is only natural that grave robber doesn't drop items as often anymore. Its time has been considerably reduced. Before the update, the item drop chance was 24% with 100% motiv and 0 holiday items / hour job. If the rate did not change, it means that 5 mins with 95% motiv (which is the motiv that counts, the motiv in the report) with no holiday set items, the chance would be 1.9% and it only drops from there. So is not a matter of premium or not.

That would make sense if motivation didn't still drop 5% for a 5 minute job.

DeletedUser

My two cents.
I've heard a lot of complains about changes to grave robber job. I think that both grave robber and WATM jobs because of the 3rd key are so important to this game that they should stay exactly the way they used to be, which is 1 hr jobs with the same rates of items and motivation drops a before.

Because is not as difficult as other jobs, I don't think they'll ever reset it back to 1h. But a half hour should work. Would work a lot better...

That would make sense if motivation didn't still drop 5% for a 5 minute job.

True. I thought of that too. Motiv should still be influenced by time, like before.

We'll have to patiently pass ideas and wait.

DeletedUser

I would be happy if Mot. was growing a bit faster or didn't go down so fast, it take 4 days to recover from 50% mot. this is a joke.
I am just doing that job, once at 75% MOT i stop and logging only once it is 100%, let's see how many month (years) it will take me to find the 3rd key

Bad Billy Jack

I got the wolf with big belly yesterday while doing wool with mot 25% & it is a quest drop.

I agree that the slow mot recovery, especially on short jobs like GR is a serious 2.0 problem.

Inno could at least address the 2.0 gear drop problem on short jobs by putting a bottom on mot of perhaps 5-10%. It might help quest drops too! I think it is the 0 mot that is the biggest problem.

DeletedUser

Inno could at least address the 2.0 gear drop problem on short jobs by putting a bottom on mot of perhaps 5-10%. It might help quest drops too! I think it is the 0 mot that is the biggest problem.

Or changing the formula so there's always a minimal chance of a luck drop regardless of motivation.

DeletedUser

I have to get 5 T bone steaks...only took me an hour to get 2, now I have done the jobs about ten times and haven't got a single steak drop! I even waited 24 hours for the motivation to go back up but it changed nothing. The only drops that I got was a grey hat and a baseball bat.

DeletedUser18222

actually traveling merch luck is much higher than before 2.0...i assumed it would be lower,but it seems to be far better.i used to get 1 item every other day with about 10 spent in those 2 days hours in.now,i get 2-3 items a day with about 10 hours.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

like i stated before, items drop in tw.1 and tw.2 HAVEN'T CHANGED AT ALL

on tw.1 you found 1 item per 4-5 hours of working, and in tw.2 you will find 1 item per 4-5 hours of jobs. So where in past on 5 travelling merchant jobs you found approx 1 item, you now find approx 2, since the job length changed

is it that hard to comprehend? you still het the same amount of items per 4-5 hours, however job length changed: so basically 2-5-10 minute jobs you need to do a wholesome amount of times to find 1 item on, since well 4 hours divided by a 5 minute job means you get approx 1 item per 48 jobs, which seem low, and it is compared to the amount of energy you spend on it, however timewise it is correct. the advantage is that longer and generally harder+bigger luck range jobs drop much more items per amount of energy spend on em.

And yeah GR is a short job but most of the jobs with a decent luck range are long jobs,

DeletedUser

I have to get 5 T bone steaks...only took me an hour to get 2, now I have done the jobs about ten times and haven't got a single steak drop! I even waited 24 hours for the motivation to go back up but it changed nothing. The only drops that I got was a grey hat and a baseball bat.

Products are not affected by motivation, so you don't need to wait for it to go back, unless you really want more money/exp and items drops.
I also avoid accepting the quest requiring the product before I gather the required amount.

Bad Billy Jack

is it that hard to comprehend? you still het the same amount of items per 4-5 hours, however job length changed: so basically 2-5-10 minute jobs you need to do a wholesome amount of times to find 1 item on, since well 4 hours divided by a 5 minute job means you get approx 1 item per 48 jobs, which seem low, and it is compared to the amount of energy you spend on it, however timewise it is correct.

And what is the job motivation after doing 48 short jobs? Zero & waaay before 48 of them.

That is the problem. ZERO drops.

You cannot compare total job times w/o including motivation.

DeletedUser

Wouldn't it have saved years' worth of explanations if they changed the names to 'job drops' and 'luck drops', or 'products' and 'lucky finds'? So many people explaining the same thing.

But yeah, now that motivation drops faster than before, it it definitely *harder* to find a higher-value 'lucky find'. Job drops and their rates anecdotally feel the same to me.

The intangible calculation of 'is it worth my RL time to do this job': While impossible to quantify for everyone, for me personally, with the mot's dropping so low, I try to do jobs as little as possible now. In my RL playing this game, it's just of so little value to me to try and find (via lucky drop or via product drop) anything in this game since 2.0 came out. Like Vic and others, I'm glad that for 2 of my accounts I don't have to 'find stuff' like I used to...

Heck thinking about it, just add another box to each job description and just be explicit instead of implicit:

Box 1 (the current system): The probability of finding Deer Skin is 50% every 30 minutes
Box 2: The probability of getting a lucky drop is xx% per yy minutes (and can be calculated on the spot based on your character type and if you have the holiday set)

DeletedUser

The chance to find an item was never something the developers revealed, but was something I managed to form a theory about due to the "LUCK" bar we had before. The luck bar was filled up to 24% and dropping together with motivation and selected time for the job and increasing with equipping holiday set items. There's no way to predict now what the chance drop rate is per xx amount of time, because there's no more luck bar. But I am going ahead and assuming it did not change, because for 1h jobs I get pretty much the same amount of drops. My theory was:
24% per hour job with 100% motiv and 0 holiday set items.

DeletedUser

You cannot compare total job times w/o including motivation.

Yeah, grave robber may have a statistically equal chance of dropping one item in 1 hour until you consider that your motivation will be 0% by the end of the hour.

DeletedUser

Try work as mercenary. Before You got 4 bottles of whiskey in an hour. Now You get 1 in 1½ hours. How is that the same???
Drop chances are so stupid in this version

You better change the drops before You lose all the paying players

Deleted User - 1278415

The chance to find an item was never something the developers revealed, but was something I managed to form a theory about due to the "LUCK" bar we had before. The luck bar was filled up to 24% and dropping together with motivation and selected time for the job and increasing with equipping holiday set items. There's no way to predict now what the chance drop rate is per xx amount of time, because there's no more luck bar. But I am going ahead and assuming it did not change, because for 1h jobs I get pretty much the same amount of drops. My theory was:
24% per hour job with 100% motiv and 0 holiday set items.

Was that in West V1 or West V2 that you were theorizing about this? and you have retested since V2 came about. Meaning does the holiday set actually do something now? I never saw the holiday luck set as any real value.