Rejected Lowering prices on items currently posted in the market

Would you like this idea to be implimented?

• Yes

Votes: 30 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 20 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser22493

Link to original thread: http://forum.the-west.net/showpost.php?p=615023&postcount=1http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=49193

- There will be a two week period available to vote. (May be extended if needed.)

- If the idea wins 80% of the vote, it is sent to the developers who will respond with feedback and the idea will be linked in the ideas passed to developers. If it loses the vote by not attaining more than 79%, it will be moved to the archives. The idea will then be placed on the list of items to not post again
--------------------------------------------------

Proposal

The idea is to have the ability to lower the asking price of an item you have listed on the market during the auction, there is nothing more annoying than someone listing the same item that you are trying to sell but for a fraction less, resulting in your listing have a greater chance of not selling and you end up wasting the listing fees.

Current Workaround

None, if someone lists lower than you then their item sells and you lose out (some of the time).

Details

Implement a function that allows the seller to lower the price of an item that they have listed in a 'fixed price' auction so they can increase the chance of the sale of their item.

2q1rvp1.png

As you can see above, 'the exequter' listed these pants for $175k which cost him $3503 in listing fees only for 'KidNappy' to come in after and list the same item for $5k less.

This greatly lowers the chance of his item selling and he can say goodbye to his listing fees, but if he has the option to lower his asking price then this gives him a good chance of completing the sale.

Also, the spin off from this is whichever player really wants to make the sale will keep going lower making for more realistic market prices and reducing the amount of wasted time from items not selling.

Abuse Prevention

None I can think of, the price could only be decreased which is good for the seller as it eradicates the problem of the folk who list an item for a fraction less than you have, and it is good for potential buyers as it makes for healthy competition amongst sellers.

Visual Aids

I fail here as I am not great with creating images but I am sure you can picture it in your head, a column within the 'Sales offers' tab that allows you to reduce the price of an active item on the market.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes/No
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Yes/No

I deleted from minor suggestions and created a new thread here as I do not see what the next step to presenting the idea to the devs are from that thread as folk move onto new ideas constantly and the old ones get left behind.

DeletedUser363

Great idea. It benefits both the seller and the buyer. It gets my vote.

DeletedUser16628

Whatever!I voted no because there's nothing wrong with the system as currently constituted.I have these same issues everyday as well and you will never hear 1 complaint.

DeletedUser25892

I voted no...All this will do is generate a constant lowering price war...I think this is a good idea, but I think that a limitation on how many times (or just 1 time) you can lower your price...or implement additional fees for each time you lower it.

DeletedUser8627

I'll have to agree with the 'No' on this one.

Reason being is that people want to sell their items, if it's by selling it by a fraction less then it can be done. I don't see it much of an issue because once the cheaper item is sold, yours is still listed and their is a high probability to sell the item if it's priced correctly.

The current workaround came in play when version 1.35 was released. While it will cost you cash, you are able to cancel an auction and place the item on the market again reducing the price.

DeletedUser22493

We've given this vote enough time, and the results (30 Yes - 20 No) are below what is required for the idea to pass.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.