lower the product drop range on TM

DeletedUser

Idea title: half the product dropping % on TM
Details of idea: half the droprate of products on travelling merchant

Reasons for submitting: Travelling merchant is a job, that gives you key 3, has an insane luck range for good items, gives good money and decent xp, its for this reason this is i think the most done job in the west, simply cos its so beneficial to do, you get good products, good items, and heck you can find key 3 on it as well, in the 1.36 version droprate was only 7%=28% per hour, we all know all droprates went up, but that of TM skyrocketted, and now those products became totally worthless(except maybe saws) since the job is so much done and these products flood markets, even on older worlds with slow markets prices of such products is next to none. Basically what i am saying they made the job to good, and could use a nerf

DeletedUser

Yeah, I'm not voting for this. Developers nerf well enough on their own and don't need us telling them how to do it.

DeletedUser

Well you can only drop 1 key 3. Yeah the instructions made a very easy task for everyone to get the 3 key... most of the times well before the 1 and 2.

On the products, well it´s one of the advanced jobs. And there are many things that are useful from this:
Rose (most of the people get around the 20% on the buffalo bill job... where you can get a massive smack), goldust (well... now it just for 1 adventure) and the Ruby (that one is for adventure and craft)(emeralds and diamonds only work for a craft).
Those are some of the reason for getting so much people on that job.
Yeah, it´s the most advanced job where you can place skills to get the higher value of drop.

And it gives loads of rose water and the gentleman dinner recipes.

But if they need to change... keep the products but reduce the money and experience.

DeletedUser

The answer to having only one job really worth doing isn't to make it suck as bad as every other job, it's to give people a reason to do other jobs. That's always been my problem with nerfs. Don't nerf something that's too good, make other things better.

DeletedUser

The answer to having only one job really worth doing isn't to make it suck as bad as every other job, it's to give people a reason to do other jobs. That's always been my problem with nerfs. Don't nerf something that's too good, make other things better.

thing is, all gotten a lot better already, surely you recall how well products dropped in TW version 1.xx that was almsot for every job except maybe lotus flowers 5 times worse then it is now, but i think they kinda overdone it with TM

DeletedUser30224

I can't in good conscience vote yes to this. I mean it makes sense with a strict logical approach, but I want it to stay the same ... not sure that makes sense. I'm not a Traveling Merchant worker in any of my worlds except Dakota, but even there I am not a lvl high enough to reap the full potential of it at golden lvl, all I get is a 187% chance to find a product and that's just not too high enough to see it as an exaggeration. I believe there are jobs that offer over 1000% product drop rate if silver enhancement is present and higher income active. In fact with 50LP and higher income active in Colorado I can get 400% on Rum, which I always thought it's a good product to mine.

Point to the matter is that we have other jobs that are more profitable product-wise than TM. The high luck value is a bonus that many jobs have, maybe not as high as TM, but close enough.

DeletedUser

I totally agree with Elmyr about not nerfing something good but makes other weak spots stronger. Colorado is the only world with flood of all items, in all other worlds those products from WTM is not cheaper than other products compared to drop rate on their primary job.

DeletedUser30417

Don't try to fix something that isn't broken. Plenty of useless that jobs that nobody is doing, much better if those would be nerfed instead.

DeletedUser33947

Why should we be punished for our decision in the game? Have you ever bought a product off of the market for a decent price? You can thank that competitive price to the people that are pure traders, like me.