Submitted Lover's set

Would you like this proposal implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 103 75.2%
  • No

Votes: 34 24.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeletedUser30224

There will be ONE week period available to vote. (May be extended if needed.)

If the idea wins 75% of the vote, it is sent to the developers who will respond with feedback and the idea will be linked in the ideas passed to developers.
If it loses the vote by not attaining more than 74.99%, it will be moved to the archives. The idea will then be placed on the list of items to not post again.

Original thread can be found <HERE>.

Proposal
Make all parts of the Lovers set available for buying at the shop.

Details
Since Lovers set was obtainable only by random/shuffle spins,and many players didnt get full set, now they will be able to get whole set or missing parts at the shop.

Summary
Many players spend bunch of nuggets/bonds ( I spend 1000+) on spins trying to get whole set, but they wasnt lucky enough to got it,luck was too big factor at that event. Set itself is very usefull, and it should be obtainable to all west players. Also, INNO would make more profit, by making set avaiable at the shop.

Administration
Does this idea meet the Ideas Guidelines & Criteria? Yes/No
Does this idea appear on any of the Previously Suggested Ideas List? Yes/No

DeletedUser35968

I think the spin wasn't bad. I found myself getting all the pieces without any nuggets. or using around 500 bonds. I may say that, everytime when a piece is removed from spin, it should be replaced by a set item rather than heart bags.
At the start, there were 6 lover piece and 24 other buffs. after few tries, it became 1 lover piece and 29 buffs , and reducing the chance. instead there should have replica of set items.

DeletedUser30224

I think the spin wasn't bad. I found myself getting all the pieces without any nuggets. or using around 500 bonds. I may say that, everytime when a piece is removed from spin, it should be replaced by a set item rather than heart bags.
At the start, there were 6 lover piece and 24 other buffs. after few tries, it became 1 lover piece and 29 buffs , and reducing the chance. instead there should have replica of set items.

It made no sense to do it that way because the set pieces are unsalable. But I got all set pieces from free tries as well.

zvrndo

I play on 8 worlds ( too much, I know :D ). On some worlds I managed to find all parts of the set, without too much effort, but on 3 worlds, no matter how much bonds/nuggets I spend I wast lucky enough to find all pieces.I know people who allready have full set could vote against this proposal, it simple doesnt affect their game, but I'm sure many players dont have full set, and they would like to have it. So please, be more collegial and make this proposal implemented.

DeletedUser19518

Personally, was in vacation mode and would like to get them. Tnx
V
$1

DeletedUser31185

Great idea! I'm definitely for as I only have the set on one world.

MFRavenhawk

I play on 8 worlds ( too much, I know :D ). On some worlds I managed to find all parts of the set, without too much effort, but on 3 worlds, no matter how much bonds/nuggets I spend I wast lucky enough to find all pieces.I know people who allready have full set could vote against this proposal, it simple doesnt affect their game, but I'm sure many players dont have full set, and they would like to have it. So please, be more collegial and make this proposal implemented.

Agree 100% as this was my issue too....and I think I got you beat for world count :D
On W1, and W11-17 on .net, W1 on each the German, French and Spanish servers, and on both Beta 1 & 3 :p

DeletedUser36464

I play on 9 worlds ( too much too, I know ) ;)

on some worlds, I've the complete set but others are not. :p

for me , It's a very good idea

Last edited by a moderator:

Reyne

Excellent idea. I figure the 13 who voted no have theirs and care nothing for other players to have theirs. Or perhaps they are the ones who complain about players who contribute (buy nuggets) while they expect their fun to be paid for by others.

DeletedUser

Excellent idea. I figure the 13 who voted no have theirs and care nothing for other players to have theirs. Or perhaps they are the ones who complain about players who contribute (buy nuggets) while they expect their fun to be paid for by others.

I don´t have the full set on many worlds but i don´t like this option. (only on 1 i got all the pieces)
If this would go ahead, the valentinus chest too should be placed on the shop... just like every other set that was available only during the events.
This way would open a door for people just to ignore the events and just buy the things from the shop.
This way the event idea would be crushed and nobody would care with the events... since you would only need to make some upbs or buy some nuggets to get everything.

If they go ahead with this system for this year events, they can place the items on the next event. People that didn´t got them but played on this event, could get the pieces they didn´t got on the roullette on the next one. That would be an option.

DeletedUser25707

I don´t have the full set on many worlds but i don´t like this option. (only on 1 i got all the pieces)
If this would go ahead, the valentinus chest too should be placed on the shop... just like every other set that was available only during the events.
This way would open a door for people just to ignore the events and just buy the things from the shop.
This way the event idea would be crushed and nobody would care with the events... since you would only need to make some upbs or buy some nuggets to get everything.

If they go ahead with this system for this year events, they can place the items on the next event. People that didn´t got them but played on this event, could get the pieces they didn´t got on the roullette on the next one. That would be an option.
Difference is, with every other set or reward you had a way to improve your chance of winning the part(s) you need. Yes, that option was usually costly [either 150 or maybe even 800 nuggets per spin!], but you had that option.

With Lover's set there was nothing you can do to improve your odds of winning individual parts... they were set at 1-in-30 at the beginning of the event and remained at that figure throughout.

DeletedUser

Difference is, with every other set or reward you had a way to improve your chance of winning the part(s) you need. Yes, that option was usually costly [either 150 or maybe even 800 nuggets per spin!], but you had that option.

With Lover's set there was nothing you can do to improve your odds of winning individual parts... they were set at 1-in-30 at the beginning of the event and remained at that figure throughout.

You had the opportunity to buy additional spins with nuggets and bonds. That's practically improving your chances to get the items

DeletedUser23437

You had the opportunity to buy additional spins with nuggets and bonds. That's practically improving your chances to get the items

buying additional spins did not improve your odds, the odds remained the same, it just gives you more chances... not the same as increasing your odds...

DeletedUser

buying additional spins did not improve your odds, the odds remained the same, it just gives you more chances... not the same as increasing your odds...

The valentine's event was 18 days long. Without buying additional spins and not having the premium 2 spins a day, you had one spin every day throughout the event. Your chances to find a specific item of the lover's set during the event was 1-(29/30)^18=0.457. If you bought n spins, your chances to find a specific item of the lover's set during the event was 1-(29/30)^(18+n). For example, if you buy 3 spins, the chances are 0.541. Yes, it doesn't improve odds on a single spin, but makes difference in long run.

DeletedUser23437

The valentine's event was 18 days long. Without buying additional spins and not having the premium 2 spins a day, you had one spin every day throughout the event. Your chances to find a specific item of the lover's set during the event was 1-(29/30)^18=0.457. If you bought n spins, your chances to find a specific item of the lover's set during the event was 1-(29/30)^(18+n). For example, if you buy 3 spins, the chances are 0.541. Yes, it doesn't improve odds on a single spin, but makes difference in long run.

that is an increase in chances to win, not the odds to win...

DeletedUser25707

Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

Your chance of winning each individual piece is always 1-in-30 and nothing you do can improve that. You may buy additional spins but your chance at winning is always 1-in-30.

DeletedUser

that is an increase in chances to win, not the odds to win...
Exactly. What I've been saying since my first post :)

Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

Your chance of winning each individual piece is always 1-in-30 and nothing you do can improve that. You may buy additional spins but your chance at winning is always 1-in-30.

I never stated that chances to win on a single spin is improved. As you said, it is always 1/30. What I calculated is the chances to win the item during the event in 18+ spins you have. The latter chances could be improved by buying more spins.

DeletedUser25707

No they would not be improved because previous spins have no influence on the current one. Or some future spin. If you're lucky, you'll win on first few spins, if you're unlucky you may not win it after thousands [or even tens of thousands] spins.

You were not guaranteed to win eventually... think of it like lottery. Buying additional spin do not give you additional ticket to win this week, it give you a ticket to try and win next week. But you can play lottery your entire life and never win...

DeletedUser

Like every other set like this - you complete it next year if you missed out this year... and how many people have hoarded the bonds received on the event? Every time I got enough bonds for 1 extra spin, I took it. That is the way I got the whole set on all my worlds. I worked hard for it and don't see why the instant gratification mob who missed out should be able to buy it.

I missed out on Valentinus set, but, that's life.

DeletedUser

No they would not be improved because previous spins have no influence on the current one. Or some future spin. If you're lucky, you'll win on first few spins, if you're unlucky you may not win it after thousands [or even tens of thousands] spins.

You were not guaranteed to win eventually... think of it like lottery. Buying additional spin do not give you additional ticket to win this week, it give you a ticket to try and win next week. But you can play lottery your entire life and never win...

Probability to win on a single spin is 1/30. Probability to NOT win on a single spin is 1-1/30=29/30.

Probability to not win on 2 spins is (29/30)^2. Thus probability to win on 2 spins is 1-(29/30)^2

Probability to not win on 3 spins is (29/30)^3. Thus probability to win on 3 spins is 1-(29/30)^3
For 18 spins probability to win is 1-(29/30)^18=0.457
For 19 spins probability to win is 1-(29/30)^19=0.475

0.475 is bigger than 0.457 which means spinning more times improves probability to win, in other words, your chance to win the item during the event. You are not guaranteed to win eventually but your chances improve if you spin more times.