Lost Legends

• Thread starter Deleted User - 819397
  • Start date

DeletedUser28032

Cautiously coming ashore her hair still dripping wet, Cercei dashed over to where her clothes lay dressing quickly although she liked Jonathan she didn't like him enough for him to see her naked, not yet anyway.
Retrieving the single fish she'd managed to catch Cercei considered how she'd prepare it, she'd seen plenty edibe plants and mushrooms since leaving the mountains perhaps she could gather a couple and...Cook something although the prospect of having to eat her own cooking was daunting even for her.
It was whilst Cercei was mentally preparing the fish (though even in her mind it looked inedible) that she noticed that Jonathans pack was open thats odd i am sure it was closed when I...Oh gods he didn't see me did he? Dropping the fish in shock Cercei's hands flew to her mouth as she stared back towards the lake where she'd been bathing only moments before He surely can't have seen me from here could he? I could always... No don't ask him you idiot.
Retrieving the fish Cercei wandered off into the nearby tree's in search of food wondering to herself why everything she did seemed to be going so wrong? first the spider's web, then the fishing, now this.

It took Cercei the best part of half an hour to collect the ingredients she'd need for tonights meal, a couple of wild mushrooms and some herbs.
Leaving the tree's she found Jonathan sat at the bank preparing the fish he'd caught.
Sitting down beside him by the bank Cercei began to quietly prepare the fish she'd caught leaving the other ingredients beside her "I...I am sorry about how I reacted earlier...You may have noticed I am rather...anxious...around towns folk" Cercei tried to smile but it came out rather weak and ineffective "I found a couple of mushrooms out in the forest I...I though i might cook you something to make up for...Earlier" Cercei just prayed to the gods she wouldn't poison him in the process, some of the mushrooms she'd collected had...Interesting... side effects if eaten raw.

Deleted User - 819397

Jonathan could tell that Cercei had figured out he had returned to their camp while she had been bathing...her demeanor was even more hesitant than before...he quickly ran through what he had done, trying to figure out what he had done...and realized he hadn't closed his pack. Inwardly cursing, he outwardly smiled, trying to put her at ease. "To be honest, I'm as much at fault as you are, if not more so. I know you weren't brought up in the same environment I was...I take some things for granted that are a complete mystery to you, and vice versa. That means no matter how hard we try we're going to have things like that happen occasionally." He finished cleaning his last fish and stood up. "There's no need to take all the cooking on yourself...I'm not the best cook, but my dad made sure I knew how to do the basics." He peered at the mushrooms and herbs she had found for a moment. "You have a lot of the non-poisonous mushrooms there...and a few that are only poisonous raw...combine those with the herbs and some of the corn I have...only shucked and garnished..." he trailed off, thinking. At length he looked up. "I think I have an idea. It won't be gourmet, but it should taste pretty good." He grinned. "I could use some help though...you in?" He hoped that his natural mannerisms would show Cercei that he hadn't seen her while she had been undressed. The fact that he didn't have to act the part aided that, but he wasn't sure if it'd get the point across.

DeletedUser25825

Fren wandered through the forest, glancing from tree to tree as the gentle breeze caused the leaves to whisper, or a random bird called out a greeting, which more often than not, Fren returned in a gentle whistle. She grinned lopsidedly, as a grouchy looking stone badger came ambling out of its den to investigate the disturbance Fren was making. She sat down on the forest floor and looked at it lift its head several times, as it sniffed the wind and checked out her scent. She grunted, exactly as it had, and tilted her head as it did. The old badger ambled over to her cautiously, and stopped a short distance from her. She tentatively reached her hand out, which the badger stared balefully at. Fren chittered reproachfully at him, and the badger tilted its head to the side again. She gently touched the badger's head, and then scratched it behind its ears. The badger put up with her touch for a few moments, grunted and then ambled back into its den. Fren giggled, stood up and wandered away.

The addled girl soon came upon an expansive lake. She looked out at the waters, with her eyes widening as they were dazzled by the glittering reflections of the sunlight striking the water. She grinned, and wandered out into the water to about chest level. She spread her arms out and twisted back and forth, laughing at the wake and ripples her hands created on the surface. She took a deep breath and submerged beneath the waterline. She opened her eyes and foraged through the silt, pausing to pull out a handful from the bottom. She stood back up and looked at the muck in her hand. She sorted through it, and pulled out a colorful snail. She examined the spiraled shell and then tossed it back into the water. She lifted her head up as an ice loon cried out, and attempted to determine its source. She looked around as the cry echoed throughout the area, and she called back with the same cry. She frowned as it wasn't returned, harumphed, and returned to causing a small wake in the water by dragging her hands forcefully back and forth through it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28032

Judging by his overly polite tone of voice and the fact that he hadn't commented on the fact that her hair was dripping wet Cercei surmised that Jonathan knew she'd been in the water even if he hadn't actually seen her although at the moment she was willing to let that drop for now.
"Sure I'd be glad of the help...I am not much of a cook to be honest" she smiled relieved that she wouldn't have to cook all by herself "I can tell you what to do with the mushrooms if you like?" She said picking up a small pale pink specimen from the pile "These for instance are delicious when roasted however if you eat them raw they cause you to see things" she said carefully slicing it in two "They actually taste better raw to be honest" she giggled delightedly at his shocked expression he obviously hadn't been expecting that "How else do you think I got these?" she said gesturing to the tattoo's covering her face still giggling at the look on his face.
"The elders brew it in a tea and give it to the young girls before they paint them" Cercei smiled grimly at the recolation of her painting the tea had helped but it'd still been painful "If theres anything you want to know feel free to ask we might learn a thing or two" she said casually, slicing the mushrooms and laying them into small piles.
"You should go in the water its lovely in there" Cercei said with casual innocence fighting hard to hide the evil smile wanting to break out across her face.

DeletedUser

Return.

Gunnar stood again at the bridge. The voice bore into his head like a drill. The voice was like nothing imaginable. Horrendous, deep, evil, cruel, empty, hollow. It was all if these things yet at the same time wasn't. It cannot be explained, but experianced. Yet no mortal man would dare try and live to tell the tale. Gunnar was one of many to be called, yet he has been the only one to escape. For a short period of time, at least.

The bridge looked longer. Decayed. It was still wet, as the roaring waves kept pounding it. It was not till now that Gunnar had realized the two statues at the beginning of the bridge. Statues of a horrendous creature, a monster perching down to sit. Its hands and feet, claws. Its eyes, empty. It's body shaped like a man, but looked nothig of the sort. Wings protruded from the back. It was Cthulhu.

The voice called, beckoning for return. Gunnar walked across the bridge, slowly. Possession had completely come over him, leaving him nothing but a drone to be used. Only death for him or for the legendary beast could free this man from the shackles that he was bound too.

Deleted User - 819397

Jonathan, after a moment's consideration, let the water comment go without speaking up. Things were delicate enough, and he couldn't think of any way to answer without it seeming crude at this point. However, to her suggestion that the two of them ask each other questions about their upbringings, he nodded. "Sounds good. Why don't we trade questions? I was wondering how the...erm...as you called it "painting" process work?"

-------------------------------

Mandan had reached the edge of the woods, and saw that the palace seemed to be decaying. He realized that this must be the fact that Cthulhu only had 24 hours to bond with someone before being lost to the ocean again...time was pressing on. He couldn't see Gunnar, but it was obvious that this was where he would have gone. Muttering to himself in his native language, Mandan continued running after the cursed man.

DeletedUser28032

Although the memory of her own painting was somewhat... vague due to the hallucinogens employed she had witnessed the painting of other Sais children. "Its a little different for a boy, but for a girl the painting signifies the passage into adulthood and the dedication to the goddess Freya"
she explained how the child ritually drank the mushroom tea and then using a fine chisel a design was etched into the skin, woad or burnt oak (depending on whether it was girl or a boy) would then be applied to the still raw wound permanently staining the skin.
"I was sixteen when they did mine, every design is unique its like having another fingerprint" she said absently staring out across the lake, something had caught her eye...a wake of some kind.
With the sun in her eyes she struggled to make out the creature making the waves although it looked vaguely human "Jonathan...whats that over there" she said pointing to figure in the distance

DeletedUser13682

Rolf couldn't wait any longer. He had written down most everything he could, drawn everything there was to draw in the area, and he had waited for hours on end for something more to happen. It was assumed then that there would be nothing more of new events that hadn't been recorded already, and that it was time to leave. As Rolf packed up his tools, a crazy idea came to him, an idea so crazy, he would probably die for it. But it was worth a chance, so long as his records of today survived.

Rolf grabbed his pencil, and on the rock that he was hiding behind, scribbled a message. To anybody that might find this message, in the pack at the base of this rock is a detailed account of what I saw happen here at this place. The Legends are back, spread the word, tell the story in here, let everybody see the drawings. If there is no pack here, spread the word that the Legends are back anyway. Below that, Rolf put the current date in the standard format, his local format, and the format of the wandering tribes of this area.

Rolf left the pack at the base of the rock, detached his knife, and placed it into the pack. Now, devoid of everything but his clothes, Rolf walked out from his hiding place, and walked toward the Legends. When he got near enough to them, about 20 paces, he called out to them. "Legends! I come ta thee 'umbly, as only a lad, unmatched by theur in oll respects." Rolf knelt down, and bowed his head. "I come ta thee today ta only request palavar (used in the sense of a long talk) wi' theur, fer express purpose of recording. If this be not thy will, then I shall take leave if theur permit it."

Deleted User - 819397

Jonathan was fairly surprised that the process of being "painted" as Cercei put it was so simple. It obviously worked, and he figured that the hallucinogens made the process less painful. He turned as Cercei pointed toward the lake, frowning. The being making the wake seemed somewhat human...for a moment. It then rose slightly in the surface of the water, revealing a much larger body than had been shown originally. It was largely flat, and Jonathan knew what it was instinctively, as his mother had bonded with one. "It's a stingray...but it's massive...hold on, could that be Cotrangl?" He noticed that Cercei looked confused, and he clarified, "You may know it by another name, but Cotrangl is the king of the Stingrays...it was in the Valley earlier...I wonder why it's alone...and where it's going..."

---------------------------------------

The Legends had finally come to something of an agreement, and Cotrangl and Delphin, lords of the Stingrays and Dolphins respectively, both sank into the water that they had been in during the discussion and vanished through one of the many underwater tunnels that ringed the area. It was then that Rolf appeared, speaking in a recognizable tongue, but with a rough accent. The Legends argued for a brief minute after he was done requesting an audience with them, then Lardan's Dragon spoke up. "RECORD WHAT, PRECISELY? IF YOU'RE ASKING FOR OUR HISTORY, KEEP IN MIND IT IS AGES LONG...YOU WOULD BE LONG DEAD BY THE TIME WE FINISHED...HOWEVER, WE HAVE AGREED TO, WITHIN REASON, ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS...GO AHEAD."

(Sorry for the long delay...things are crazy over here...)

DeletedUser28032

Shielding her eyes from the sun Cercei watched the strange creature skate gracefully along the lakes surface.
It's a stingray...but it's massive...hold on, could that be Cotrangl?" Cercei cast Jonathan a blank look she'd understood the word massive but the rest had been utter gibberish to her, seeing the look on her face he elabourated further although to be honest Cercei was still none the wiser "It might have a different name in Sais....Whats a stingray?" she asked rather cautiously, had she missed something whilst she was being taught the animals? she had already figured that it wasn't a woodland creature or at least not one that she recognised... maybe it was some kind of bird? it certainly seemed to have wings

Deleted User - 819397

Jonathan thought for a second on how to describe a stingray. "Umm...A stingray is a long, flat, marine animal. Its body is comprised of a center section and its tail. A stingray's mouth is on the bottom of its body, while the eyes are on top. Stingrays are generally peaceful, but when threatened, they make use of their tail, which has a venomous stinger on the end of it. They generally eat smaller marine life." he turned to Cercei. "That help at all? By the way, it's your turn to ask me something" he added with a grin.

DeletedUser28032

It hadn't helped, mainly through the fact that Cercei had never seen the ocean before in her life, the Sais very rarely travelled that far.
She nodded her head smiling to herself at the mention that it was her turn to now ask a question, she sat queitly slicing the mushrooms, there was a question she'd been wanting to ask but could never quite find the right words to say it "Whats it like living in a city?...I've never been inside one before... well not a big one like you live with all the people and the girls...I bet your really popular back home" Cercei turned to watch Contrangl skate across the surface of the lake, more to hide her blushing cheeks than out of any interest in the distant legend after all he didn't figure into Sais culture so meant very little to her in the grand scheme of things although she had to admit he did look rather elegant as glided back forth across the shimmering water of the lake

DeletedUser13682

Rolf knelt down, waiting for an answer, or the end of his life. He wondered, if the Legends chose to do so, would his death be quick, or would they draw it out? Rolf supposed the former, he hadn't performed any grave offense, but what if he had? Then the process would be drawn out most likely. And if it was long, it would proably be painful as well. And if it was painful, it would be the most painful and tortuous thing Rolf had ever experienced. That would not be very good at all, now would it? Suddenly, the Legends spoke, and they allowed him to ask questions. "Oh, thank theur, Legends. Old on eur minute, ahl be right back."

Rolf ran to his pack to grab his paper and pencil. Unfortunately though, he had used it all up recording the conversations earlier. What to do? Then suddenly, the answer was discovered in front of him. On the ground was a big flat rock, not much room, but Rolf could write shorthand. He picked it up, and carried it and his pencil back to the Legends. "Alright, ahm back. I have eur few questions furst. How were theur creyted? Why did theur leave? Did theur have human companions last time theur were here?"

Deleted User - 819397

Jonathan thought a moment before replying. "It's very structured...everyone has their niche and they pretty much stay in it. Malkirk is a smaller town, so it's fairly quaint...everyone at least recognizes each other, and the majority of people know each other better than that. Since we have permanent houses, we all rely on travelers passing through for our main business...peddlers are especially welcome as they can take a lot of goods made. My family is the main farming family for Malkirk, meaning we're on the outskirts of town where we have a plot of land set aside for growing crops. Houses are a matter of family pride, and they are oftentimes lived in by a single family for generations. Since I spent the majority of my time helping on the farm, I didn't really get to know anyone my age too well...I was homeschooled, so that didn't help there. There were a couple kids I considered friends, but I generally only saw them when we went into town with a load of fresh produce. I only really got to know a couple guys well..." he trailed off, thinking about his life in Malkirk. "It was a good life, but I don't want to continue in the farming business...it's too tedious." He then half-grinned at Cercei. "My turn...what was your childhood like? Nomadic tribes came through town occasionally, but I never learned much about their culture..."

------------------------------------------

The Legends discussed how to answer Rolf's questions in the language of the Tribe of the Rainbow for a moment, then Lardan's dragon spoke up. "WE CANNOT ANSWER YOUR FIRST QUESTION, AS WE DO NOT KNOW OURSELVES. DO YOU REMEMBER YOUR BIRTH? WE CANNOT REMEMBER OURS. ALL WE KNOW IS THAT WE...ENDURE WHILE ALL OTHER LIFE PASSES ON. YOUR THIRD QUESTION...THAT IS A VERY PERSONAL QUESTION. DO NOT PRESUME THAT WE BOND WITH JUST ANYONE...AND IN ANY CASE THE CHOICE OF WHO BONDS WITH WHOM IS CONSIDERED PRIVATE BY ALL WHO ARE HERE. YOUR SECOND...THAT IS A DARK TIME IN SORIA'S HISTORY. BEING ONE OF THE THREE WHO REMAINED, I KNOW THAT YOU HUMANS HAVE GLAZED OVER YOUR OWN WRONGDOING. HOWEVER...THAT IS A TALE FOR THE MASTER OF STORIES TO TELL, AS IT INVOLVES HIS ANCIENT TRIBE."

Lardan's dragon stretched his neck and wings before continuing. "I SHALL PREEMPT YOUR NEXT QUESTION. I CAN TELL YOU ARE WONDERING WHY I AM ALWAYS THE ONE TO TALK TO YOU...BEING ONE OF THE THREE WHO REMAINED, I WAS ABLE TO KEEP UP WITH THE EVER-CHANGING LANGUAGES YOU HUMANS SPEAK. GELLICK WAS ENTOMBED IN HIS CAVE, SO HE DOES NOT KNOW ANY RECENT LANGUAGE. CTHULHU...I DO NOT KNOW WHAT HE KNOWS, LANGUAGE-WISE, NOR DO I CARE. THE REST OF US HAVE NOT BEEN AROUND TO HEAR THE LANGUAGES OF THE CURRENT WORLD, SO THEY DO NOT SPEAK IT. THEREFORE I ACT AS A MOUTH FOR US ALL..." Lardan's dragon then looked at Rolf, obviously expecting more questions.

DeletedUser13682

Rolf was disappointed that he didn't get any real answers to any of his questions. Guess the first one was understandable, since nobody was probably around when they were created, and how would you remember your birth anyway? The third, well that stuff must have been different in the past. But the second one, that wasn't a good answer at all. Who was the master of stories? Rolf was about to ask that, when the dragon said he would answer that. But the answer was to another question, about why it was the dragon that answered. This was revealing. Maybe they were old, or maybe they didn't really have the power to read minds, at least the dragon, but Rolf wasn't going to ask why the dragon answered. He presumed that he was the representative of the Legends. He wrote the answer down, and his own notes.

"Well, ah guess ah might ask this next," Rolf began. "Who is t' Master Storyteller? Is 'e aroun' still? Is 'e as merciful as theur Legends are with talking to humans?" Rolf found that though he had wanted to know about the Legends since his birth, he was not coming up with very many quesitons. Maybe he was still too much in awe of seeing the Legends in real life. But since they were real, they weren't exactly a legend anymore. That made Rolf ask another question. "Well, since eur'e real, 'n not just eur legend, is there anything eur'd prefer we call theur?"

DeletedUser28032

"I am not sure if i know how to describe it..." she paused thoughfully dropping the handfull of mushrooms she'd been chopping into the pot, the aroma of hazelnuts wafting out of it "It was very...isolated...I never saw anyone outside of the clan and we never stayed anywhere long enough in order to call it home and yet when we do get together the celebrations can on for days" she smiled remembering the last time the clans had all gotten together in the morning there had been contest in wrestling and archery and in the evening there was feasting, dancing and song. Cercei tried her best to describe how the clans were essentially all related to one another and that when they got together it was like one big reunion but found that she lacked the words to do so.
"Most of the time we just stay in an area long enough to grow a little food and do a little trade before we have to move on, we find the local towns don't like it if we stay too long" Cercei shrugged, it was just another part of her life.
There was a thud as something dropped out of the darkening sky to land between them, Cercei gave a small scream of shock jumping up to her feet to look down at the dead thing on the grass, her owl landing soudlessly beside of it "Oh thats very...sweet of you" she spoke to the owl upon realising that it had been intended as a gift, the owl looking up at her expectantly "No thats alright you can keep it" she said in her native tongue, the owl tilted its head to one side curiously before tucking into its meal.
Sitting back down on the grass, the evening meal was now beginning to make her mouth water "We'll have to see if can't find you a companion to bring you dead things" she said with a smile as she began stirring the contents of the pot "Where do you think we should head next?"

DeletedUser25825

Fren eventually climbed out of the lake, and sat. She deeply dug her fingers into the sand, and pulled out a rock. She studied it for a few moments, and laid it beside herself. She rolled onto her back, laced her fingers behind her head, and stared up at the skies. She closed her eyes, and then opened them again, as she smelled smoke on the breeze. She sat up and studied the area intently.

She spied a small billow of white smoke on the other side of the lake. She rolled onto her back again, and closed her eyes. She smiled, and then opened her eyes again. She sat up, and looked back at the smoke, as she lifted her head into the wind to inhale a different aroma underlying in the smoke. She frowned as her stomach lurched. She stood up and waded out into the lake. She dove in, and swam across the expansive lake.

As she climbed out on the other side, she took a few moments to catch her breath. She tipped her head to the side and wrung her hair out, and then moved cautiously toward where she'd seen the smoke coming from. As she neared, she heard a startled scream, and ducked quickly behind some foliage. She gently parted the leaves away to look into the camp. She saw Jonathan and Cercei. She vaguely recalled Cercei being the girl who played in the spider's home. She sat down in the dirt, and listened quietly.

DeletedUser

Gunnar had reached the door again. He had entered the grand hall as he did before, walking towards the door behind the throne. Loud noises, as if screams and yells, could be heard for miles from this location. Normally, this would scare any man away, even a Viking such as Gunnar. But not today. Not for the possessed soul that was walking toward his doom. Gunnar was all but a shell now. He was at the will of this ancient olden god. He listened to the call. He obeyed the call.

Return.

Gunnar stepped over the door he had broken earlier, returning to the spot where he had stood before. "Cthulhu! Where are you?! Free me! Free me of these chains! FREE ME!" Gunnar started to scream out. He fell to his knees, the darkness surrounding him. He broke down as the darkness rose from his body. If he were watching, he would be able to see the eyes of Cthulhu peering out from the ocean. The beast's hand raised up towards the young Gunnar. The darkness connected again with Cthulhu, such as it did last time.

Freedom. Yes. Freedom! I shall escape! You are the first of many who shall follow me! I shall be free! Nothing shall stop me this time! Not the mage nor his other tribesman. I am Cthulhu, and I shall return NOW!

Gunnar screamed out. The darkness burned him. All the shadow power that he had used before to cage the other tribesman of the mage broke. All the darkness in the world poured into this one location. Nothing could be done. Cthulhu was rising. Only killing Cthulhu would stop this. Gunnar could do nothing but let himself be taken.

I RISE AGAIN!

The castle was destroyed. Beams of black energy shot down from the sky. Gunnar was blown away and landed on the beach. Broken, bruised, and damaged. He was dead. His soul had been taken by Cthulhu. He lay on the beach, his eyes closed. He was still living, his body and soul connected to the great beast. But his soul would need to be freed for him to live again.

Cthulhu stood up from the ocean. His monstrous form could be seen from any on the beach or in the surrounding area. His roars shook the Earth. "I AM FREE! AND ALL SHALL BE MINE! THIS WORLD SHALL BE MINE!"

Deleted User - 819397

Jonathan was about to reply when the sky to the far north blackened and tremors shook the earth. "What on earth was that?!?" he stammered, eyes wide as he scrambled to his feet. "That looks like it's coming from the North Sea...what's going on there?"

-------------------------------------

Lardan's dragon looked down at Rolf and said simply. "YOU HAVE ALREADY MET HIM. HE IS THE MAN WITH THE SHADOW PANTHER...I BELIEVE YOU WENT INTO THE VALLEY TO CRITICIZE HIM AND HIS SISTERS FOR KILLING THEIR ANIMALS, EVEN THOUGH IT WAS NECESSARY TO BRING US BACK. HE...HE SEEMED TO BE A BIT RECLUSIVE...HE HADN'T ACCEPTED HIS TWO NEW ROLES WHEN HE LEFT..." the dragon looked as though he was going to say more, but then the skies to the north turned black, and the air crackled with energy. The Legends all started to talk, panic-stricken. Some fled in the opposite direction, some went to the east or west, but no one headed north. Only some of the greater Legends remained. Fenrir, The Queen of the Pegasi, and Lardan's Dragon, among others. They were talking animatedly to each other in the ancient language, Rolf forgotten in this new crisis. Rolf could only make out one word, as it was a name. Cthulhu.

----------------------------------------

Mandan had been halfway across the bridge when it had exploded. Instinctively he threw his arms out, which created a glowing shield. He landed unhurt, which was a surprise to him, as when he opened his eyes the shield was gone. Gunnar's broken form landed a short distance away. "Fool. As if going to Cthulhu would have had ANY other outcome." Cthulhu was very visible off-shore...the curse finally broken. Mandan heard a noise behind him and turned to find Shak with his sisters and their animals standing there. Mandan seemed to instinctively realize that when Cthulhu had broken free his influence had left the cages in order to focus on escaping. More confident now that he had his sisters, Mandan turned to Cthulhu. "You going to roar all day, or are you going to actually move one of these centuries?" he called.

DeletedUser

Cthulhu let out a roar that sounded like laughter. Foolish boy. Your...friend here is an example of what you shall become. A soulless being. Living, but dead. Like I have been for so long. Now, FACE MY WRATH!

Cthulhu brought his arms up, his body moving at a slow pace. But it did not matter, for his actions showed his power. A tidal wave came out of nowhere from behind Cthulhu, passing through him as if it was nothing. It came down to crash on the three tribesman. Cthulhu roared in pride. Every time he did, the ground below shook. The sky above was not any safer. It was dark, full of clouds and lightning. Rain started to pour down from the sky. Purple energy from where the young mage was could be seen, but Cthulhu's pride did not let notice this.

As a battle raged on around him, Gunnar lay on the beach. He was soulless. A shell. But he was alive. He was in turmoil inside. He could feel his soul inside Cthulhu, like he was in a cage. His screams of help could be unheard. But he felt as if somebody was listening. He could feel something...taking care of his body. Moving it away to safety. This still was not enough. His soul would need to be released, to be taken back. If Cthulhu be defeated, Gunnar could return, as a human being with his soul intact. Hopefully. Only time and the outcome of this battle would tell.