Lost Legends

• Thread starter Deleted User - 819397
  • Start date

DeletedUser25825

Fren moved swiftly away through the forest, creeping as silently as any of the great cats in the area. Her addled mind tried to formulate why she'd even intruded upon their campsite. She was not used to seeing other people this far from villages, and she'd really only wanted to look at the strange markings adorning the woman's skin. She pouted her lower lip out as the recollection of the spider home being ruined flashed briefly through her memory, and she remembered it was her own curiosity which resulted in the destruction of such a beautiful thing. She grunted disapprovingly to herself for her actions.

She remained mindless to her surroundings, and paused suddenly as she broke through the last remnants of the vegetation of the forest and found herself looking out at what she thought of as the very sorry place. She'd been to this land on many occasions, usually when she'd gotten lost, but always remembered it as soon as it was seen. This place was the only place she never felt welcomed when visiting. It was filled with only deafening silence and sorrow. The animals and insects never entered it, the woods never spoke to her, and even the wind seemed to stop whispering here. The sensations of being surrounded by so much space, which was utterly devoid of life, was extremely unpleasant to her. She wrinkled her nose, and turned to re-enter the forest.

As she turned, a blight of blackness caught her attention. She paused and looked down into the bowl of the valley, and descried the sky lady and shadows man sat with bonded animals. Sat near them was a third figure, equally blanketed in darkness, and sat upon an animal Fren had never seen before. She tilted her head as she studied the large wriggling legs of the animal. She decided it looked uncomfortable, and figured this place must be the cause. It was an uncomfortable type of place. She saw the glint of the sun reflect off of the trinket she'd given the shadows man, and saw he appeared very unhappy as he kept glancing at it and was obviously distraught.

She sighed, and walked down the slope of the valley toward them. She truly disliked being here, but there was life for company at the moment. She also would take her trinket back if it caused the shadows man such unhappiness from her gift. She noted the trio looking at her, but could not tell if it was welcoming or baleful perception, and frankly didn't care. She watched the ground carefully as she moved, and often would look around herself and into the sky, as if hoping anything might present itself to prove her only perception of this place was wrong.

DeletedUser28032

"Well..I wouldn't say size doesn't matter..." she said coyly, letting him blush in the cool mountain air "...But last night before I...You know..." she found the memory of him finding her crying and filthy in the underbrush a little...embarrasing, Face it, it wasn't your best look but hey maybe you'll get the sympathy vote...Oh Shut up.
"....I met a Night Owl" she described how she'd met the elegant creature out in the woods and how she felt like the two of them were connected even if they weren't bonded, she told him of how the moonlight glistened off of its wings and the sound they had made as it had swooped past her "....I am probably being silly but....I've never felt so sure about anything else in my entire life" she watched his face waiting to see how he would reply knowing that if he laughed at her like so many done before then she'd run as fast as her ankle would take her. But she didn't want to do that not if she could avoid it anyway, she like him he seemed... nice.
It was whilst they talking that she suddenly noticed the silence. Nothing stirred...no birds no animals not even the gnats that had been pursuing them since leaving the forest it was if this whole section of mountain side was completley devoid of life.

DeletedUser

Pope's journey through the forest was rather uneventful, the squirrel being the high point. Animals tended to stay away from him, and any one that did appear would either flee quickly or attempt to harm him. On top of that, he took up the habit of talking to himself. Back in the village, he would always have someone to talk to, whether he liked them or not. Now, they might not of always listened (for Pope tended to ramble on when enthusiastic), but at least they were there. Now he was utterly alone, an entirely new concept for him. He had hoped that he would encounter another human on his path, maybe he would stumble upon one of his friends that had left before, or maybe he would meet a new one. He didn't care! But alas, this was not the case. In some of his worse moments he would pick up a stone, or a twig, or something, and begin talking to that. Of course, he wouldn't expect it to talk back, or even acknowledge that he was carrying it, but it helped to have something to talk to.

"Well, there goes another rabbit." Pope said to a rock perched on his shoulder. "With stone properties, I think. I guess you'd know all about those. Oh well. I never really cared for rabbits anyway. Sure, they're fun to look at, and such, but I can't imagine that they'd be very helpful as an animal partner. I mean, if you wanted to jump high, or stop often for a bite of lettuce, then I'm sure that it would be fine to have a rabbit friend. Not for me, though." He whistled an awkward tune for a bit. "I guess we can't have partners that are inanimate objects. Oh, look't that! We're out of the forest. Who would of thought that the wondrous woods that I had gazed upon and dreamed about as a child really didn't have that much to offer." He stopped and gazed out at the gleaming ocean that had just revealed itself to him. "Now wouldja look at that! Isn't that something! You know, I've never really seen water like this before. Of course, there was the average pond and such, but never anything like this!" He let out a low whistle. "Well, best be moving on. There's probably something along this shore that would appeal to me."

They (*he*) went along, and eventually, two beady little eyes poked out of the sand. Pope stopped. Then he turned around. The creature had completely emerged from the sand, and glared at him. It was a giant crab. It looked relatively normal, but then wings sprouted from its back and it began to fly.

Deleted User - 819397

Jonathan listened to Cercei's account of the Night Owl, and nodded. "My parents said that it would be instinctive when I found the animal I was destined to bond with. It sounds like you met your partner." He grinned. "Now the trick is finding it again..." he looked around listlessly. "Which means we won't find it here. The Valley of Meetings that woman talked about looks like it's just ahead...we should curve off if we're going to find anything." He looked down at her ankle. "However, turning away from the path means rougher going...do you think your ankle's up for it? It wasn't a bad enough twist to tear anything...but those all hurt like nothing else. It's up to you...I'll be happy either way."

----------------------------------------

Mandan watched as the girl who had held the medallion approached him. He saw his sisters looking at her in confusion, and in Kyana's case, dislike. He called out, his voice utterly dead, "You'll want to leave...this place will be utterly different soon..." When this didn't really elicit a response, he had Shak growl the same thing, remembering how she had been able to communicate with him to a greater extent than she had with Mandan. This seemed to be sufficient, as Fren began to wander off. Lara stood. "It's close enough to noon...and to be honest, I can't stand another instant of waiting...it's bad enough..." Wearily, the Shades stood and approached the spot that lacked a medallion...

Mandan hesitated, then placed the medallion carefully into place. Nothing happened, but he had not expected anything. Stepping back, he began to recite something he, as all males from the Guardians of the Gate Village did, had been forced to memorize. His voice lacked enthusiasm, but it carried to Rolf's ears.

"When my ancestors sealed the door that the Legends created to hide themselves away, they left a single way to reopen the door. Our tribe's Oracle predicted a day would come where we would again need the Legends. I, Mandan Shaydaak, Keeper of Stories and Archmage of the Guardians of the Gate, claim that this time has come. I ask that the seal be broken!"

Kyana stepped forward. "I, Kyana Shaydaak, Commander of the Scribes and Elder of Knowledge, agree and support Mandan's claim. What was once story is becoming reality. It is time for the Legends to return."

Lara spoke up. "I, Lara Shaydaak, Great Elder of my people, agree and support the claim. The three of us are the only remaining members of our tribe, as was predicted by the Oracle. The Legends must return."

Upon the completion of Lara's part, the ten Medallions that were scattered around the circular Valley began to glow. Mandan stepped forward again. He briefly wondered why the Archmage had the most lines...Lara was the Great Elder, after all... However, he knew he could not hesitate now...

"To unleash the energies the Legends hold upon Soria without properly appreciating what it is we are asking is folly. The ancient Elders knew this...so they set a failsafe. Those who wished to accomplish this task had to offer up a sacrifice. To prevent it from becoming necessary, my people stopped bonding with animals. It was in vain, as the Oracle was never wrong."

Lara swallowed hard, tears coming to her eyes. "I...I offer my sacrifice..." She slowly pulled a dagger, obviously made for rituals, out from her clothes. She hesitated...then steeled her resolve, turned to Malak, and stabbed her in her stone chest. Malak cried out, then collapsed, writhing. Lara screamed, clutching both her head and chest, and fell heavily to the ground. Mandan approached Malak, and with great sorrow, removed the dagger from her body. He then staggered over to Shak and repeated the process, with similar effects to him. Kyana followed suit. All three of them now were on the ground, writhing in pain, weeping bitterly as the blood of their animals seeped into the ground. This was the failsafe. The ancient Elders had designed the seal so that any who wished the seal to be opened must sacrifice their animals...the horror behind it was to deter any who didn't truly wish for the rite to continue...

The Medallions began to glow more and more brightly, until a beam of light shot out and created two interlocking stars. These stars began to shine, brighter and brighter, shooting brilliant rays of light into the sky. This light swept across the Shades, turning their black clothes and hair to the color of their eyes. However, this was lost on the Shades, as they were lost...weeping for their lost partners.

DeletedUser

You must release me Gunnar. I cannot leave the sea. You must release me.

Gunnar heard the voice in his head. A dark shadow, with red eyes came in front of him. The shadow looked like Gunnar, but darker, shadowlike, and of course, the bright red eyes.

"We must release him. The master commands it! Then we can gain control over ALL the world!" the shadow cried out to him excitedly.

"But I don't want power. I just want...to make something of myself and my village," Gunnar stuttered back, trying to fight the will to listen to the shade.

"This is the only way! Listen to me! Follow the Call! You must release Cthulhu from the sea!"

"But...yes. Yes, I will follow the Call. I shall release him."

"Good, good. Wait till the palace rises. Do you understand Gunnar?"

"Yes. I do."

The shadow disappeared with those words, smirking. Gunnar stood there, waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser13682

Rolf was quietly writing down the description of the valley, probably the Valley of Meetings of legend that everybody knew about. But what these people and their animals were doing here, that was an unanswerable question. One of them was the woman he had seen yesterday, near this area, but what was she doing here? The other two, they must be her companions, maybe all female, their dress similar to the southeastern female dress, strange sand people. Rolf finished writing down the description of the valley and the people, drawings included, and was just about to sneak back out of the valley when the robed people moved.

They got up and approached a place, one of them placing something into a well a container for it, like placing a medallion into a medallion holder. Rolf started writing down what was going on. Then one of them spoke, something about the Legends, maybe they were summoning them. Rolf transcribed this on the back of his map, Mandan it was, a male. Not from the southeast then, sounding like they came from somewhere he'd never heard of. The second one spoke, and Rolf transcribed what she said, then transcribed the third one's words. The first spoke again, and that too was written down.

What Rolf saw next horrified him. The three people, Mandan, Kyana, and Lara Shaydaak, the last three people of their tribe, who wanted to bring back the Legends, slaughtered their animal partners, though a difficult task for them, still they did it. As the blood of the animals, now dead, flowed over the stone, the place where the medallion was set, and 11 other places turned to light, sending beams into the sky, creating what appeared to be two stars, interlocked but differentiated. Of course, Rolf had stopped recording the events after Mandan had spoke his last. He would record what he saw later, and draw it too, the people needed to know about this. But first, to investigate what was going on.

Rolf got out from behind his rock hiding place, he didn't think the writhing figures could attack him now. His map and pencil were left behind, and his knife was drawn, just in case they could still do Rolf harm. He walked up to the nearest animal, a vulture made of stone. Rolf checked it for heartbeat, none. He went to the other, a panther and a squid, both dead also. He looked at the writhing figures on the ground, obviously in pain. "My God," Rolf spoke to the figures. "Why 'ood do such a thin? Tha'il die now, according to law, not by my hand, but fra thy own. You killed thy own animals, thy breeam will just give up livin' cause of that, according to lore." Rolf shook his head in disappointment. "'Appen I can help lata." Rolf walked over to the stars, and, like any curious human, reached out to touch them.

Deleted User - 819397

Lara managed to raise her head and yell out to the man. "Go! Now!! This is not for you...it's not even for us..." Mandan saw what was happening and groaned "We have a chance to...to get them back...our cursed ancestors! Why in the world would THAT be the failsafe..." Kyana was the first to realize that the man was actually going to touch the stars that were interlocked. "Touch that...and there's no telling what will happen to you...GO. NOW..."

The stars began to shoot out light at a greater intensity. This continued to strengthen. However, as Rolf stayed, the light began to darken...it became almost sinister. Mandan struggled into a sitting position. "You utter idiot. Go. Now. We have a chance...a small chance...of getting our animals back...you will ruin that...and the destiny of Soria if you don't go. NOW!" His eyes were full of pain, of loss...and now of fear.

DeletedUser28032

Cercei studied the ground leading away from the valley it certainly was rough but on the other hand she'd never find her owl again in the valley and Jonathan had yet meet anyone. Biting her lip in indecesion she eventually made up her mind "We'll go around the valley, my ankle should be up to it...besides I have a big, strong man to help poor little me" she'd said the last part as a joke pouting slighty as she said it, although the idea of him carrying her wasn't that unappealing.
Turning her back to the valley she started heading up the steep rocky path, her ankle already beginning to protest, however after a little while the pain faded away to a dull ache.
After half hours walking Cercei noticed that life had started to return the mountains. Birds wheeled and dived overhead as they hunted for small insects and she had giggled delightedly at the sight of small mountian hare alarmed by their approached split into thousands of little clones and then scatter itself all over the mountains and then she heard the screech.
Cercei's face lit up in recognition, ignoring the pain shooting up her leg she bounded up the hill, her heart beating faster and faster in anticipation at what she would find over the hills crest, and their perched on the branch of a dying weather beaten tree stood her owl just as she knew it he would be.
"You came looking for me?" she called delightedly in her native tongue, holding out her arm Cercei gazed lovingly up to him "Come to me darling, please come to me" the owl spread its wings and took flight, Cercei grimaced slightly as the Owls sharp talons dug into her arm but she didn't care, staring lovingly into his eyes she gently carressed the feathers on his head "Come along darling theres someone i would like you to meet" she whispered into his upturned face. With her owl still gripping on to her arm as if his life depended on it she turned back in search of Jonathan.

DeletedUser13682

As Rolf was about to touch the star, he heard a voice come from behind him. He turned around, only to see the writhing figures and their dead animals, only the figures weren't writhing so much anymore. They were looking at him, and telling him to go away. At first, Rolf didn't exactly comprehend their words. He wanted to touch the stars, see what they would do. But then, the stars darkened, sending the message to him to get out of here. He started to leave, then turned back for a moment to say, "Forgiveness. Get thy animals back. Gran' jouce." Rolf ran to the rock to grab his map and pencil, and ran out of the valley.

DeletedUser

Pope saw the crab's hostile nature, and determined that it too was not aiming to be his life partner. He took the rock on his shoulder and chucked it at the crab, hoping that it would have a similar effect as it did with the squirrel. It did not.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The crab chased Pope for quite a ways. He had made his legs vow to not give out, and so far, they seemed true to it. His brain, after watching and being entertained by this whole fracas for a good while now, decided that it was about time for it to lend its assistance.

"The woods!" shouted Pope, not too loudly. "I can escape into the woods, and the crab won't be able to catch me! Thank you, Brain!" Anytime it replied. Pope made his way into the woods, hoping to block the crab off. Much to his dismay, however, the crab just started knocking small trees over, its path hardly skewed. To top it all off, another squirrel was throwing acorns at him. "Aw, come on! Isn't there one animal in this world who likes me?"

Just then, much to everyone's surprise, a huge tree sprung up - rather quickly, it seemed - right beneath the crab, escalating it into the clouds above.

Deleted User - 819397

Jonathan had fallen behind Cercei again. He was both mildly irritated, as he wasn't injured like she was, and impressed. Cercei was definitely a strong person. He half smiled to himself as he struggled to catch up. She was definitely something else. She soon circled back, a Night Owl on her arm. Jonathan's eyes grew wide as he realized that Cercei had likely bonded with the owl. "Wow..." he murmured, admiring the fine creature. "...he's amazing..." He shook his head..."I'm sorry, I truthfully have no idea how to put my amazement into words." He grinned. "Good for you!" At that moment, the light show from the Valley began. It was behind them, but the light was almost blinding. Jonathan turned, his mouth falling open. "What in the world...?"

-----------------------------------------

After Rolf left the area, the light returned to its bright splendor. Vague shapes were now visible...although it was impossible to make any of the shapes make sense. The shapes became more and more visible...until they burst free of the light.

Cotrangl, king of the stingrays was first out, soaring through the air as gracefully as if it was swimming. The Queen of the pegasus and her subjects were through next. Every Legend that was missing came through. Fenrir, Iwaeolpen, and numerous dragons appeared toward the end. There was a rumbling and a section of the nearest mountain fell away, revealing a cavern. Gellick, king of the toads, emerged, blinking. The light vanished, and the Legends that made up the Council were settling into areas that were obviously thrones, hewed from the rock or a pool deeper than it appeared. The largest seat was vacant though. A massive dragon appeared, descending from the clouds. Lardan's Dragon...it settled on the largest throne. The Legends had returned.

Lardan's dragon spoke in the language of the Guardians of the Gate. "COME FORTH." The three Shades shakily stood, still shaking from the pain that they had felt when they had killed their animals. Their eyes were full of tears, and they still hadn't noticed their color change. The great dragon looked at them. "DO NOT CRY...YOU HAVE DONE SORIA A FAVOR."

Mandan looked up. "Perhaps...but we have lost much...too much."

"DO NOT WORRY...AS LEGENDS, WE HAVE THE POWER TO CIRCUMVENT THE USUALLY PERMANENT BOND. YOU WILL EACH BOND WITH A LEGEND FOR YOUR SERVICES."

The Shades looked at each other, and an understanding passed between them. Lara stepped forward. "We are honored by your offer, truly. However...we truly loved our companions...killing them was the hardest thing we've ever had to do. We would not cut ourselves free from the pain of losing them for anything."

The dragon blinked. "YOU ARE WISE. YOU HAVE ANSWERED WELL..." he then called a name that is impossible to say in any human language, and the Queen of the Pegasus approached. "YOU KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE..." The pegasus nodded. She went to the fallen animals and enveloped each of them in her wings for a moment. As she did this, Lardan's Dragon explained. "SHE IS THE ONLY ONE OF US WITH THE POWER TO BRING LIFE TO THE DEAD. YOU HAVE PROVEN TO THE COUNCIL THAT YOU ARE PEOPLE OF HONOR...THEREFORE WE SHALL RESTORE YOUR ANIMALS TO YOU."

The Shades bowed deeply, each stammering their thanks. Slowly, Malak, Shak, and Tiralka rose from the ground and rushed to their partner. Each one wept openly, trying to make amends, explaining they had to...that if they hadn't the prophecy would have fulfilled itself in a far worse way...after a time, they regained their composure and turned to face the Council again.

Lardan's Dragon spoke up. "IT WAS TIME FOR US TO RETURN AGAIN...HOWEVER, THERE WAS A...SIDE EFFECT WE DID NOT FORSEE...THE SPELL BINDING CTHULHU HAS WEAKENED...THERE IS A CHANCE HE MIGHT ESCAPE..." a murmuring went through the Council. "IF CTHULHU MANAGES TO BOND WITH A HUMAN WITHIN TWENTY FOUR HOURS...HE WILL BREAK HIS BONDS...HOWEVER, HE WILL THEN TURN AND CONSUME THE HUMAN...HE CARES NOT FOR FEELINGS OR EMOTIONS...HE WILL FEEL NOTHING FOR THE HUMAN WHO BRINGS HIM BACK." It looked at the Shades. "IT WILL TAKE US A WHILE TO FEEL STRONG ENOUGH TO TRAVEL TO HIS PRISON IN THE NORTH SEAS...YOU MUST GO AND STOP THE HUMAN I SAW INFLUENCED BY CTHULHU AT ALL COSTS...KILL HIM IF YOU MUST. CTHULHU MUST NOT BE ALLOWED TO WALK FREE...LAST TIME HE DID SO, AN ENTIRE COUNTRY FELL...GO...NOW." The Shades nodded and climbed onto their newly revived animals, hugging them tightly. They raced off towards the North Sea.

-----------------------

Towards the very edge of Soria's boundary with the open sea, the waters began to froth, then boil. A palace rose from the ocean, water streaming down its sides. Most of it remained underwater however, as Cthulhu was still unable to leave the ocean. A bridge rose, connecting to the beach not far from where Gunnar lay. The Call came to him again...urging him to enter and find Cthulhu...

DeletedUser25825

Fren continued to march down the slope toward the three, until the shadows man began to tell her to go away, even going so far as to weakly wave her off. She frowned in confusion, and then stopped as Shak growled deep and low within his throat. That warning message was loud and clear to her. She threw her arms up in exasperation, as she turned and began hiking up toward the forest. She drew near it as she heard the scream of Malak and the sky lady. She turned, and saw the sky lady had stricken Malak down. Fren herself screamed as though stabbed herself, and covered her eyes, willing the sight away. She turned and fled into the forest, as she tried to ignore escape the screams of the other animals.

She'd run a short distance, when the day became as bright as noon. She stopped and looked over her shoulder. She saw the light emitted from the very sorry place. She shielded her eyes by holding her hand out in front of her face, until it was bearable to look forward again. She moved back toward the valley, sensing an almost immediate change in the ambience of her surroundings. She paused at the edge of the forest, and looked down into it to gaze upon the legends. She watched the Pegasus raise the slain animals, and smiled. She sat down on the dirt and hugged herself as she watched the wondrous animals. She mindlessly began sketching what she saw with her fingertips, as she watched three strangers mount the risen animals and flee. She looked at the assembled host of the valley.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Gunnar watched as the bridge appeared. The stonework of the bridge looked old, covered in coral and water dripping off of it. He grabbed his backpack, slinging it over his shoulders. He started to walk towards the castle, which was possibly the ancient castle of the city of R'lyeh. He felt drawn to it.

Release me...

The voice started to speak again. With each step he took, the voice grew louder, angrier. It was impatient. Gunnar reached the end of the bridge, the gate of the castle standing before him.

Enter, and gain your reward.

The gate opened and Gunnar walked inside. The room looked as if it used to be te king's grand hall. Tapestries of dragons and a giant sea monster covered the walls, all torn and ruined. Skeletal remains lay on the ground, all facing the door. It looked as if they were all trying to run from something. At the far end lay the king's throne, his body still sitting there as if he was still ruling. Behind him and his throne was a doorway.

Follow the Call.

Gunnar walked towards the door, as if he was being forced to by a puppeteer. Gunnar felt as if this was all he could do. Listen. He reached the doorway, trying to open it. It would not budge. Gunnar grew impatient, slamming into the door with his right shoulder. The door came crashing down onto the floor. Gunnar walked in, awestruck at what he saw.

The room was circular, and large. In the middle was a giant hole, with the sea under it. Gunnar walked towards the edge, and saw in the pool, two glowing yellow eyes. Tentacles came down like a beard from the creature's face, his hideous face. His hands were claws, one reaching towards Gunnar. It could not leave the water.

Bond with me. Release me from this underwater prison! Obey me!

Gunnar stared at the creature. He started to reach out his hand towards the water. His eyes looked upon the creature, and in them was emptiness. "The Call of Cthulhu," Gunnar stated, his voice carrying no emotion. A bright light started to shine from Gunnar's hand, and from the water, a light returned back. This light quickly turned to darkness, and shot up through the ceiling into the sky. The sky turned to black, the clouds from white to grey. The darkness enveloped Gunnar, cutting his flesh and re-opening his scars.

That which is not dead can eternal lie, and with stranger aeons EVEN DEATH MAY DIE!

A roar came forth, the sound being heard all around Soria. The ritual bonding continued, as if it would never end for poor Gunnar. A blast from the darkness shattered his chainmail, destroying his sword and shirt. If the bonding process was not broken soon, Cthulhu's return would be complete.

In the depth of his mind, Gunnar thoughts encompassed one thing. The Shade who had saved his life. "Save me." These were the only two words that Gunnar, the real Gunnar, could think in his head, as the rest of his body and mind were being sucked out and taken from him.

DeletedUser28032

Cercei shielded her eyes as the lights intensity grew, it was like nothing she'd ever seen before in her life "Oh gods...Jonathan what is it? whats happening?" she asked her hand unknowingly gripping his out of fright
She sat mesmerised as her mind fought itself, one part was urging her to go and go quickly and then there was a much smaller voice that wanted her to get closer and investigate the lights source.
She didn't know how long she stood there hypnotised by the blinding light before it started to get dimmer and then dissapear altogether.
As if a spell had been broken she turned to face Jonathan before looking down curiously at their entwined hands, releasing her grip she smiled apologetically "Sorry...I..Just..you know.." she turned away from him in an attempt to hide her rapidly blushing cheeks. "Maybe we should go take a look?" she inquired quietly, something told her that something amazing had happened down in the valley

DeletedUser13682

Rolf got to what he believed was a safe distance from the valley, and sat down to take a break. He wrote everything down that had happened since the three killed their companions. After that was written down, with accompanying sketches, Rolf ate the last of his food, a carrot. Why he left the carrot for last, he didn't know. Usually the carrots were the first to go. But that didn't matter now. The carrot was gone, meaning Rolf would have to find his food now. A thought came to his head about how other nations hunted animals for food, some even raised them in farms, like wheat or corn, the monsters.

Soon after the carrot was gone, Rolf saw three figures rise from the valley, looking a lot like the three figures that had slain their animals. Of course, this prompted an investigation by Rolf. If they were dead, and the animals were now alive again, that meant that something else possibly was there, or nothing at all, but how would you know if you didn't investigate? Rolf walked over to the valley again, drawing his pencil and another piece of paper. When he got close to the valley, he ducked behind the same rock, and looked out over it. What he saw amazed him. Seated in thronelike rocks, were the Legends, sans Cthulhu, but he wasn't very good anyway. Rolf started to draw these animals in their regal setting. When he returned to his town at the end of all this, the tales he would have would beat out anything that came before it, sans the original tales of the Legends themselves.

DeletedUser

There was thunder in the distance, as well as a bit of shaking under Pope's feet, but he did not notice. He was too much in awe of what just happened in the past couple minutes. He tried to recreate it in his head, but failed. So he tried it out loud.

"So, here I am, running, right? And there's this giant flying crab, chasing me around, probably wanting to eat me. Then, out of nowhere, a gigantic tree appears right under the crab! So now the crab's gone... and I guess the tree's gone now, too. I should check the area out, then? Right. Here I go. Now. My feet will start moving. Once I get them to, that is. Okay. I'm ready. And now I'm here." He stopped talking, in order to scan the area. He looked left. Nothing out of the ordinary. He looked right. Also nothi... wait! Actually, there was something. He took a step forward in order for a closer look. "Well, wouldn't you know it! There's a good-sized porcupine over there! I wonder if it had anything to do with that very large tree?"

Of courshe I did, mishter! You didn't happen to shee any other porcupinesh around with vegetative abilitiesh, did ya?

Deleted User - 819397

Jonathan could only watch in awe as the light show continued. Like Cercei, he didn't notice that they were holding hands until afterward. "Sorry...I..Just..you know.." she stammered, blushing deeply. "Yeah...it's fine...I...yeah..." was Jonathan's only reply, blushing himself. In response to her question as to if they should go check it out, he thought for a moment, trying to regain his composure. "Yeah...something big happened...not even any of the stories I was told growing up had that kind of occurrence. I'm up for it if you are..."

----------------------------------

The Shades had split after leaving the Valley. Kyana and Tiralka had hopped into the water, as Tiralka was faster swimming than running. Lara and Makal went higher into the sky, as that way they could avoid hitting any tree branches. Mandan and Shak ghosted through everything, heading for the North sea, where dark clouds, thunder, and lightning were beginning to form.

Upon reaching the place, it was clear that Gunnar had entered the Palace. The Shades told their animal companions to wait for them outside, then ran in, each brandishing their weapon. Lara had an arrow notched to her bow, ready to shoot at any time.

The Shades soon reached the room where Gunnar was, and it was clear Cthulhu was in the water below. There was a tangible darkness between the two, and the only explanation was that the bonding process had started. The Shades yelled out a plan, then leaped into action. Lara drew her bow and fired into the water, aiming at Cthulhu. The beast was so large it was hard not to hit it, and although she knew she couldn't kill it, all they needed was to distract it...which if the roars were anything to judge by, they were. Mandan pulled his sword and started hacking at the darkness connecting Gunnar to the beast. Again, this wasn't to try to break it...rather, it was to distract Cthulhu further. Kyana had her whip ready, and grabbed Gunnar with it, similarly to how she had done so when they first met. She started pulling as hard as she could...but to no avail.

"This isn't working guys!" Lara yelled. "Wait...Mandan, if we've been returned to being the Tchsalkzil*, then that means you, as the archmage, have magic at your disposal!"

"I have no idea how to use it though!!" Mandan replied.

"Well think of something quick, since if we don't stop this process very soon, it'll be too late!" Kyana snapped. "We're starting to feel the effects of the process ourselves now...that means it won't be long!!

Mandan suddenly stopped hacking at the darkness. "Wait a second..." he murmured as sudden knowledge poured into him. He opened his eyes. "I've got it!" he yelled triumphantly. He pointed at Cthulhu and yelled something that was impossible to understand. There was a flash, and time stopped inside the water. Mandan slumped, almost fainting. "That...won't hold him...for long..." he gasped.

With a final pull, Kyana got Gunnar away from the weakened darkness. She scooped him up in her arms and the three ran out. "I don't think he even knew what he was doing...so we need to make sure he stays away from this place when he wakes up!" Kyana yelled. However, they had just made it back to the beach when Mandan collapsed, utterly spent. Lara hoisted him up onto Shak, and the three left as the thunder resumed, now with a furious edge to it. The Shades all winced as the Call came out to Gunnar again, but as he was still unconscious, he could do nothing about it.

*Roughly translates to "The Tribe of the Rainbow"

DeletedUser

Sneezle picked Baldrick off his shoulder and sat him gently on one of the outstretched limbs of the tree he and his family called home. Baldrick sat, sniffing the breeze for a moment before a tentative nose poked out of the knothole and surveyed the rat. Then, all at once a family of three rats rushed out of the opening and embraced Baldrick. Baldrick's family stood there for a moment, all embracing and a few crying tears of joy and relief, before the hold was broken.

They spoke for a few moments, before Baldrick sat on his hind legs and pointed at Sneezle, who suddenly felt as if he was under close scrutiny. The family of rats looked at him closely, as if making sure their son had made a good choice in partners. There was a quiet to the forest around Sneezle for a moment that seemed to stretch on into eternity, before a large rat who was obviously the father nodded curtly and turned to his son. He nodded again, before returning down the knothole from whence he had came.

A smaller adult mouse walked over to Baldrick and hugged him again, his mother, she openly wept in both joy and sadness. Joy, that Baldrick had found a partner and sadness in the fact that Baldrick now needed to leave home and go back to Sneezle's homeland. Baldrick's mother turned and disappeared, holding the third rat's hand, down the knothole. A moment later she reappeared, holding a rat sized red plaid bag that she was deftly tying a knot in. She walked over to Baldrick and gave it to him with a sniffle, before embracing him one last time.

Sneezle sat his hand down upon the limb of the pine tree, and Baldrick climbed aboard, making his way up to the place on Sneezle's shoulder. They turned and began walking away. Baldrick cast one final glance backwards, towards his family home, where his family had come out once again to watch his departure. He waved a single paw, before turning away, a small tear tracing it's way down his cheek.

DeletedUser28032

Cercei gazed down the steep incline that she had climbed to reach the tree and her bond mate well it can't hurt any worse going down than it did up...Can it?
"Sure lets go take a look but...can we take it slowly, I think my mad dash may have torn something"
As they began to descend the rocky slope the faint sound of voices started to echo up from the valley below, although she couldn't hear what was being said it did confirm that something was going on down there.
Gealaí Rinceoir started to fidget nervously on her arm gripping and releasing his talons into her arm Hang on...where did that name come from? I didn't name you that?
The owl turned its had to face her gazing into her eyes, it was at this point that Cercei began to fully understand to what extent they had bonded. Although she couldn't talk to him per say she could sort of...Sense things.
"You don't like it here do you?" she spoke quietly to the owl in her native tongue, the owl cast its gaze around itself nervously as if it expected to be attacked any second now, Cercei realised that he would stay at her side for as long as she wished it but this place terrified him and to do so would be unkind "Ok, off you go then I'll call you when we're away from here" the owl gave the faintest of nods before taking flight disapearing into the skies above them relieved to be gone from this place.
Cercei examined the small holes in her arms where his talons had dug in I am going to have to make myself a bracer she thought to her self absently as they approached the valleys edge.

DeletedUser

Gunnar did not know what was happening. He could feel...free. Just for a minute. He started to ramble, talk, and whisper things in his sleep.

"Save me. Please. No please, don't come back. No, no, NO!"

The Voice came back to Gunnar.

You think you can escape?! You are not free! You are MINE! MINE!

Gunnar started screaming, grabbing his head as if it was in pain. He was still unconscious, but awake.

Dead, but dreaming. We are more alike than you think. You are mine. I will make you return. They cannot stop me, they cannot kill me. You will return to me, and I shall return to destroy this pathetic continent. They stopped me at R'lyeh. They bound me to the sea. But not this time. Sleep for now Gunnar Anders. I need you well-rested for when you come back to me.

Gunnar's screaming stopped. His hands slumped down, and he went back to his sleep and unconscious state.