P&P Lokiju has escaped from the asylum

DeletedUser

Lol, that was a disappointing fort battle. Most attackers were offline during the fort battle and only 39 people attended! Is it always like this in W1 now?

DeletedUser1121

jdeazy is trying to get a piece of the cake as well and is attacking an ETC fort.
That is what you are getting when you adopt his tactics :)

DeletedUser

I'm not sure how you read complaining and whining into that post when I clearly just said I wanted all of you guys to ally up and fight us full strength on equal footing.

I think your alliances will have to decide what they want - fun or dominate world. As in W1 there are only 2 more or less equal forces TW and SB. Other alliances have less power then even a single one of them has. TW and SB already won the war in W1.
I guess most of your people will stick with domination - so personally for you i see no future after you reach 99 as you wont have much to do and fort battles will be boring. Its the same with other high level ppl. In 6 months or so - after your many ppl will get borred and leave your alliances weaken like the others.
But i dont think there will be anyone to challenge you even then as there wont be enough players who could challenge, as world 1 is getting old and there are less and less people who join it (most new ppl join new worlds). So i think that we'll never see full fort battles and the most we can hope for is more or less equal forces of ~60-90 ppl.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

yea, all at the same time almost, so can only join 1 maybe 2 at most.

DeletedUser544

and please don't think my comments are an endorsement of the "fake attack flood" strategy... I hate it too, for the same reasons rosencratz, kman, and others have stated
however, the dominance TW & TSC have enjoyed lately have brought this about and obviously all of the smaller guys don't feel like they have a shot alone

what we need instead of a "worldwide alliance" (because you are right rosencratz there is nothing to stop you guys from retaking your losses after today) is for a couple of other large empires to rise who are big enough to rebalance the power in w1. ETC unbalanced it initially I would say. then TW & TSC thrashed us a bit and now the scales are tipping in their favor, with ETC not even big enough to take you guys on alone anymore
if we had 2-3 more large empires then it would almost guarantee all fort battles would be fun (and more importantly worth lots of XP)

DeletedUser14029

the hideous domino effect >.<
Oh well, why don't we go Nineteen-Eighty-Four style and split the world into two camps...
constant war keeps people occupied, 'cept we are conscious of the fact and have loads of fun :)

and about the complain of 140 vs 50 battles: let's all go Medium-Small sized ones, makes more sense.

and about the world-wide UPRISING AGAINST THE COMBINES (-SB- & -TW-) (been playing a bit too much Half Life 2 these days), we're kinda pushed over the edge with all the losses lately >.<

and lastly, I hope I didn't offend anybody I know I am a stranger on the forums and don't know the right faces (names) and rules. ..

DeletedUser

Either way -TW- will come back stronger...

What annoys me is that these fort battles keep taking place when I am unable to attend or be online, it really is thoughtless... are you guys scared of my fort skills or something???? Personally I see it as one big stitch up... Im not happy

DeletedUser14029

well, these fort battles not for my time either... I live in Hong Kong, China. so the fort battles are like 4am to me.

luckily I am studying for tests and stuff so I can go late into the night >.<

DeletedUser

and please don't think my comments are an endorsement of the "fake attack flood" strategy... I hate it too, for the same reasons rosencratz, kman, and others have stated
however, the dominance TW & TSC have enjoyed lately have brought this about and obviously all of the smaller guys don't feel like they have a shot alone

what we need instead of a "worldwide alliance" (because you are right rosencratz there is nothing to stop you guys from retaking your losses after today) is for a couple of other large empires to rise who are big enough to rebalance the power in w1. ETC unbalanced it initially I would say. then TW & TSC thrashed us a bit and now the scales are tipping in their favor, with ETC not even big enough to take you guys on alone anymore
if we had 2-3 more large empires then it would almost guarantee all fort battles would be fun (and more importantly worth lots of XP)

The ball is in your court. However, you might want to step back a bit and view things more objectively. My posts in this thread so far has been good luck to both sides, hope both have fun, saying lokiju is probably the real one, listed how many battles so far (at that time), nothing at all is whining or complaining what so ever yet you claim all those TW are whining and complaining, huh? You take offense way too easily.

You need to step up and organize. I looked through ETC Abandon Hope 1, Elite Immortal, Lonesome Dove, most of Abandon Hope 5 town and found 0 player with Veteran fort fighter medal.

I looked through some TW and SB towns and I didn't do as complete scan as I did with some ETC towns, TW and SB have way more veteran fort fighter, some even with veteran fort battle winner medal. I have both veteran fort medals myself. As I have stated in more than one post. If you want forts or retain forts, you have to fight for it, take time off from job, quest, or duel and do it.

Veteran Fort Fighter
FoRsaKeN
Itnog
RocknRollFun
lucky
Plugger
Pat Garratt
realm of deceit
SattarKhan

Veteran Fort Battle Winner
Pat Garratt
realm of deceit

TW

Veteran Fort Fighter
FargoBear
tuxedo
Rosencrantz
rogiTW
Liberation

Veteran fort Battle Winner
FargoBear
Liberation

If we really care about hogging all the forts so much, we won't bother with sharing, yet if you look around, after some of our early success, we started to share forts with allies and not all TW towns own forts because you have to contribute and fight to get a fort slot, otherwise we would rather give that slot to allies who deserve it more.

That's my view and others in TW may very well have different views from me.

Lol, that was a disappointing fort battle. Most attackers were offline during the fort battle and only 39 people attended! Is it always like this in W1 now?

No, it's not always like this, we had a few close call battles and TW & SB group lost one battle recently. However, generally speaking, TW & SB group has been dominating ever since the mass attacks by Miestas, ETC against TW & SB and the formation of the ETC alliance and its allies forged the TW & SB group to counter it and eventually TW & SB group prevailed and gradually taking over more and more forts in the world. I did not check every fort battle, but you can take a look at the thread W1 fort map thread and see how things have progressed. The latest one is at hotnsexy's west blog.
W1 fort guide thread
http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=28979
Early W1 fort map. Credit goes to Neo-Quick
W1-map-lfortview-2608.jpg

Westblog, map credit goes to derek
http://the-west-en.blogspot.com/
blog-fort+guide.jpg

I think your alliances will have to decide what they want - fun or dominate world. As in W1 there are only 2 more or less equal forces TW and SB. Other alliances have less power then even a single one of them has. TW and SB already won the war in W1.
I guess most of your people will stick with domination - so personally for you i see no future after you reach 99 as you wont have much to do and fort battles will be boring. Its the same with other high level ppl. In 6 months or so - after your many ppl will get borred and leave your alliances weaken like the others.
But i dont think there will be anyone to challenge you even then as there wont be enough players who could challenge, as world 1 is getting old and there are less and less people who join it (most new ppl join new worlds). So i think that we'll never see full fort battles and the most we can hope for is more or less equal forces of ~60-90 ppl.

With any large empire, people can have different opinion. Some people like dominance, some people want fun, some want challenge. You can have all. For example, you can fight fairly balanced battle and gradually overcome obstacle and achieve world dominance. There is no reason domination and fun have to be mutually exclusive.

I agree with you that W1 is dying, but we might be able to revive it. At least in tribalwars, sometimes good wars + P&P posts can attract new players who wants to join on the fun, whether it's the battle or the propaganda poster fun. I know we kept some of our members interested with good propaganda posters, poking fun at the opposition with both humor and propaganda. Look for Laughing Mule and some other posters from tribalwars.net World1 forum and you can see what we have done with some of our humor. Some of our enemies even adopted the nickname we gave them and proud of it. (We called various Robac players carebears, teasing them who recruit and noble abandon to #1 position, they then decided they like it and changed their avatar icons to various carebears and we all had fun poking fun at each other back and forth)

the hideous domino effect >.<
Oh well, why don't we go Nineteen-Eighty-Four style and split the world into two camps...
constant war keeps people occupied, 'cept we are conscious of the fact and have loads of fun :)

and about the complain of 140 vs 50 battles: let's all go Medium-Small sized ones, makes more sense.

and about the world-wide UPRISING AGAINST THE COMBINES (-SB- & -TW-) (been playing a bit too much Half Life 2 these days), we're kinda pushed over the edge with all the losses lately >.<

and lastly, I hope I didn't offend anybody I know I am a stranger on the forums and don't know the right faces (names) and rules. ..

We were, SB proposed on the forum of picking a fort and hold regular fort battle. TW and SB were in discussing of doing just that, using either small or medium size fort to do it. So much for that discussion now we have this uprising :)

DeletedUser

well, these fort battles not for my time either... I live in Hong Kong, China. so the fort battles are like 4am to me.

luckily I am studying for tests and stuff so I can go late into the night >.<

Join the club, in the fort battle Gaffey, let's just say we had member who stayed up until 4AM his/her time to be online for fort battle..... I can't do that myself, unless something or someone wakes me up :(

DeletedUser14029

Hmm
well, yeah >.<

It's odd to see myself quoted XD

And about setting up fort battles... maybe ETC take the initiative?

DeletedUser41

Well Fort of Shadows is lost, but its not really, it will be retaken.

If you guys could gather up enough support and have fort battles that you say will be fun Roland, you wouldnt spend a shed load of money on fakes, you would fight.

If -SB- and -TW- started faking as well as our normal methods, all forts in world one could be taken this way. Its just not fun.

You can have your day, its just about the luck of the draw when fakes are used.

Plus i am on holiday, so i will sort this when i return :) Have a good xmas and New Year people.

DeletedUser

In our own defense this came as an oppertunity for everyone to fight back against -TW-/-SB- so as far as i was concerned no battle was a fake.
They all had the possiblity to be won with small numbers of attackers and thats exactly what happened at the fort of shadows, its just more of us turned up there.
I'm still hoping for a couple more forts to make it abit more of a day but only time will tell.

DeletedUser

Wish I was there with you...I picked the wrong fight to attend. Ours lasted only four rounds and wasn't even worth watching. If only the uptick in numbers at Fort of Shadows didn't happen when it was already too late to move, I might have had more fun.

DeletedUser

holy crap, lokiju's strategy is actually working. crappy battles, though, but we knew that.

anyways, i would much rather fight SB and TW head on, but we struggle too much to get a respectable force on our own side, since we can't find an alliance with the kind of appreciation that SB and TW have with each other. unfortunately, we can only preach this appreciation to our own alliance, and cannot do so to other alliances. that is why we fail to bounce back. after we stopped getting the support ourselves, our allies failed to step up and fill the void.

DeletedUser14029

Hmm
One silly suggestion:
Since -TW- & -SB- are so powerful, if they set to take back a certain fort, make a notice of it in forums at least two days before you call the battle, a total of 72 hours to get the real pros there (or have anyone to show up at all)

how's that ^_^

DeletedUser

Interesting day.
SB lost a total of two forts out of five, and had one of the best battles I've ever witnessed [small numbers, defenders out-numbered but won with good strategy.]