Rejected Limit Questline 48 hr KO or stop it alltogether

Shall the 48hr KO from a Questline be modified?

• Yes

Votes: 149 56.7%
  • NO

Votes: 114 43.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser23701

TJ, do not mix.

Guest Ko's and NPC duels are loopwholes used by many. Only duelers think that dueling NPC and getting mot 0 against real players is normal, while quest KO's is not normal against real players.
Same way you can get 3 medals in a row by loosing quest NPC by being townless.
All of them are loopwholes, maybe something else.
So, just proposal to get rid of them all, not with one what duelers don't like.

Those mad duelers who have stats like 1k+ won duels are not looking for some strategy, just hit the duel button. Sorry, it doesn't require to have brain.

Same way removing those loopwholes, those 1k+ duelers will start to get XP as they can't duel each hour, means after few hundred of won duels, they'll be out of range for all non duelers. Also, they'll have to spend 12 energy instead of 5, so sleep more and more mot goes back or use premium all the time.

I've no problems with duels, if it's for some purpose. If you catch some fort fighter before fort fight starts, good for you. If you catch some cash mashine, also good for you. Enjoy all aspects of game, not necessarily to be pure fort fighter or pure dueler.

How such proposal sounds to you?

DeletedUser22575

TJ, do not mix.

Guest Ko's and NPC duels are loopwholes used by many. Only duelers think that dueling NPC and getting mot 0 against real players is normal, while quest KO's is not normal against real players.

Those mad duelers who have stats like 1k+ won duels are not looking for some strategy, just hit the duel button. Sorry, it doesn't require to have brain.

Same way removing those loopwholes, those 1k+ duelers will start to get XP as they can't duel each hour, means after few hundred of won duels, they'll be out of range for all non duelers. Also, they'll have to spend 12 energy instead of 5, so sleep more and more mot goes back or use premium all the time.

I've no problems with duels, if it's for some purpose. If you catch some fort fighter before fort fight starts, good for you. If you catch some cash mashine, also good for you. Enjoy all aspects of game, not necessarily to be pure fort fighter or pure dueler.

Personally I am in favor of closing all loopholes.

DeletedUser

TJ, do not mix.

Quest KO is a loophole, because you get the advantages of being in town, while being protected. Clear as the sky.

While at 0 motivation you are unable to earn any experience and level up, so you're stuck. You sacrifice leveling up for doing more duels daily. There actually is a system in place that is imposed on duelers and the cash they earn. We get 1/3 of our opponent's cash. If we stole 100%, then I agree that motivation should affect cash, but as long as there already is a barrier, no.

I have 1,110 duels won, against 96 losses. I quit zero motivation dueling for now since I don't have enough time for it, but I strictly duel duelers/soldiers and never touch adventurers/workers. I even try to make sure the character I am hitting is not a dedicated fort fighter. With my over 1,000 duels won I can destroy a player and his town repeatedly by myself. Brains or no brains I have built my character well enough and get into way more fights than the regular duels. This gives me much more experience, I think I am in the Top 20 of duels won in my world.

Don't bash zero motivation duelers, we are serious players who are dedicated to duels with strong players, most of the times levels above our own, with better weapons and equipment. And even so, dueling workers is completely fine for me. A newly born zero motivation dueler should prioritize and try to earn as much cash as he can, as early as possible, getting his equipment as fast as possible.

P.S. I don't dismiss regular duelers, they have chosen to earn experience and a lot of them are great at dueling. There are ones in my world that I admire, because of being able to keep a good dueling record, are highly ranked based on experience and dueling at the same time.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser22575

sorry, but this is a no go. if you don't like heavy fortfighted specced players, then get your own pair of them to counter them. and when a world starts dying, the heavy fortfighters are usually the first to go, since they can have fortfights no longer (or cause their side dominated the forts on a world

Do you realize what you have said in effect here is just put up with it and let us "heavy fort fighter specced players" who hide behind the 48 hour quest kill off the world.

And then once they have they will bail leaving it behind for everyone else?

I think what you have here is a direct cause and effect.

Each different player aspect of the game is a major part of the came and they are all linked to each other.

So when your "heavy fort fighters" bail guess what. Those other soldiers who duel and those who are dueler/fort fighters bail and follow them.

That leaves your adventurers and workers behind in a bunch of near empty towns in a dying world. So guess what. They bail also.

Then everyone can rinse and repeat in the next world.

Thats the ideal game play situation now isn't it. :mad:

DeletedUser

The main problem I see is this:
Workers who believe that their class should never, ever be dueled can self-KO to get out of duels.
If this passes and someone in my town duels a worker, I can no longer tell them to self-KO :(

Honestly, what I'd wish for is a way to make a worker/builder/whatever player understand that if they weren't meant to be dueled, then the developers would not have allowed there to be a duel button on their profile.
Either that or propose a new character class that cannot duel, cannot participate in fort battles [it would only be fair if they were safe from dueling] and did not have the Duel tab for NPCs.

Sorry for the tangent. And no, I don't seek out workers to duel. I just don't like the self-imposed righteous attitudes of those that think it's some cardinal sin to do something that was explicitly designed to be done in the game.

So I'm voting no only because it's a way for these players who hate being dueled to avoid being dueled. See, I'm nice to you peaceful workers after all.
I'm not inherently opposed to modifying the rule, but I don't think it would accomplish much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 1278415

If this passes and someone in my town duels a worker, I can no longer tell them to self-KO :(

Keep in mind we are just voting on ideas to send to developers... we are not voting to change the game and make this set in stone should it pass/fail.

I just dont want people to fear or think "oh it passed so tomorrow it will now be in the game." No, this will then go on to the developers and they will make the decision... albeit this will take little coding to change, I'd suppose but on their time schedule.

DeletedUser

Though i am in favour of the modifying the 48 hour duel protection for quest related duels, modifying it might not effectively stop any fort fighter (or for that matter any other character) from taking advantage of the health reduction from the duels. It is equally easy to get yourself k.o.'d by dueling / getting dueled with very low hp, thus allowing the character the "peace" of a 48 hour duel protection.

INSTEAD -
How about setting a different health meter specific for the quest related duels.. where if you do get k.o.'d, all it does is get your energy down to 0 and/or limiting your ability to duel quest related for 48 hours? This health is not related to the normal health of the character.

We were talking about something similar the other night, maybe putting a limit how often a quest ko can be done, like every 3-4 days but if they can implement a meter, I should be somewhere along the shaman thing...48 hour no quest duel for 48 hours, next time 60 hours, next time 72 hours...and let the time drop a certain % per day (like the cost of the shaman in non-premium worlds) for those who aren't using it as a daily fix but are just having a tough time with a quest duel.

Deleted User - 1278415

We were talking about something similar the other night, maybe putting a limit how often a quest ko can be done, like every 3-4 days but if they can implement a meter, I should be somewhere along the shaman thing...48 hour no quest duel for 48 hours, next time 60 hours, next time 72 hours...and let the time drop a certain % per day (like the cost of the shaman in non-premium worlds) for those who aren't using it as a daily fix but are just having a tough time with a quest duel.

Berkie, some players are die hard players that like myself spend way too much time here and then there are those who jump on once a day to only play for casual play.

By instituting a 48hr 60hr, 72hr... cant try the quest again until that timer goes off, really pushes players away from the game who are just trying to complete that darn quest, and don't know why they cant beat the dueler in the quest (maybe if they changed their stances and shot pattern oh gee'whiz they might win) and now have to wait another week before they can try again... would probably say some expletives about the game and move on to another game.

The devs are looking for ways to keep players playing the game which is why they reduced the 2hr jobs to 1 hr and so forth to keep players coming back to the site sooner... your idea while trying to appease your supposed fort abusers in the same light affects those other players who play for casual fun of the game.

DeletedUser23701

While at 0 motivation you are unable to earn any experience and level up, so you're stuck.

I think we should help to duelers, who stuck at leveling up.
We should remove motivation influence on gained XP.
Sorry, sarcasm, as you choose to get no XP, why it would become as argument?

Don't bash zero motivation duelers, we are serious players who are dedicated to duels with strong players, most of the times levels above our own, with better weapons and equipment. And even so, dueling workers is completely fine for me. A newly born zero motivation dueler should prioritize and try to earn as much cash as he can, as early as possible, getting his equipment as fast as possible.

So, why others have to support 0 mot duelers with cash?
You choose to gain no exp, fine. But still want to get cash, umm, why to start to duel if you can't allow to buy gear!?

Sorry b00k about mentioning brain.
Just from my dueling experience I hardly imagine someone over 1k won duels without just pressing duel button.
On W2 only 2 players have 1k+ won duels, and world is for 2years now.
Lot of things have changed, and on old worlds most of us haven't even thought about self KOing. Everyone grew up in ranks, duel ranks and soon same level duelers get out of duel range.

Self KOing started only lately, as non duelers had to find some ways to stay away from 1k+ duelers, who declare themself as 0 motivation duelers, just hit all around for months without leveling up or growing in duel ranks.

DeletedUser

Ditto GF & I hear what you are saying, that's why i brought up the reduced time thing. I play a questing adventurer in 13 & have dueled that murder quest builder on many occasions a few months ago & just last night again. Yep, changed my shots dodges, equipment, blah...he still ko's me. Obviously, I still just am not strong enough yet, I'll try again in a few weeks so would a 48, 60 or 72 hour wait hurt me? Honestly, If I was foolish enough to go back & try again after my 48 is up who is the knucklehead? Eh, Blame Berkie.

My point is, there is so much more to do in game. Between other open quests that I have to complete, I have fort battles to attend, fort supplies to gather & working jobs for enough to get a new fort weapon as well as a few other things that I need to get myself closer to a few jobs. the only time there is a mad rush to complete a quest is for the holiday quest with a time limit on it, which could be lifted during a holiday quest. Saying it would push people out of the game would be like saying duelers quit because they got ko'd.

DeletedUser

I think we should help to duelers, who stuck at leveling up.
We should remove motivation influence on gained XP.
Sorry, sarcasm, as you choose to get no XP, why it would become as argument?

I chose to not earn experience because it increases my dueling level. I would love to get experience real experience though, but that would be unfair.

So, why others have to support 0 mot duelers with cash?
You choose to gain no exp, fine. But still want to get cash, umm, why to start to duel if you can't allow to buy gear!?

Well what you said is strange. I don't want to earn experience since it comes with a great price to pay. Actually I want to earn experience, but increasing my dueling level is too much of a sacrifice. Of course I want to earn cash from dueling. At the beginning of my game I need all the cash I can get my hands on.

Sorry b00k about mentioning brain.
Just from my dueling experience I hardly imagine someone over 1k won duels without just pressing duel button.
On W2 only 2 players have 1k+ won duels, and world is for 2years now.
Lot of things have changed, and on old worlds most of us haven't even thought about self KOing. Everyone grew up in ranks, duel ranks and soon same level duelers get out of duel range.

Self KOing started only lately, as non duelers had to find some ways to stay away from 1k+ duelers, who declare themself as 0 motivation duelers, just hit all around for months without leveling up or growing in duel ranks.

Of course that I have over 1,000 duels won through clicking the duel button. There is no current way of dueling without the button. After all the feature is automated, but still you need to build up your character's skills, gather equipment, strive to acquire rare weapons and bonus products and fort weapons. You have to lurk around and find targets, you have to be ahead of your opponents and intimidate your opponents. You have to be consistent with your dueling and keep the enemies on their toe.

You can' just lump dueling in a click fest.

DeletedUser

Fair's fair -real ko only

still, then what about all the builders? they want to join a fortfight every now and then. it's easy to make some XP their, but because they want to keep the duellers at bay, they don't have the right to fight in fortfights?

sorry, but this is a no go. if you don't like heavy fortfighted specced players, then get your own pair of them to counter them. and when a world starts dying, the heavy fortfighters are usually the first to go, since they can have fortfights no longer (or cause their side dominated the forts on a world)

KK

I never said I had a problem with heavily specced Fort Fighters, and for the record I don't, I have no problems with anyone choosing any build they like - I only have a problem with people being able to artificially constantly protect themselves.

With regards to workers, or any non-dueler spec it's already the case that if they get KO'd they get 48hours of peace without any more duels to do whatever they want, I don't see why people should be able to effectively cheat to get out of being dueled, but then still be allowed to benefit from other areas of the game. If you go to a Fort fight then you should run the risk of being dueled (unless someone 'genuinely' KO'd you within 48hours) like everybody else - every town should protect its own, but not by cheating.

Just my opinion though :)

DeletedUser23701

You can' just lump dueling in a click fest.

With 0 mot duelers running around, how do you recognize good duelers?
Win/lost, experience, ... ?
Till lvl 60 being non dueler, sometimes I had luck and knocked #1 from dueler rank.
I doubt that some non specced for duels can win some dueler after lvl 70.
Skills are distrubuted differently.

But I understand you, if you'd get XP and grow in dueling ranks, you'd soon loose all non dueling players in your lvl range.
And would come to the point, when you loose motivation to go further as you need your 10 duels per day. Can't blame you. :)
Like any kind of pure skill player, including builder.

DeletedUser

I have an idea:when we get KO by a quest NPC let's have both a 48 hours duel safety and a 48 hours fort safety for your town.

Now everyone will be happy: a quest NPC will make sure there is no dueling and no fort fighting for 48 hours (or longer,renew this for ever if you want!). That way no one will be upset for having been dueled or loosing a fort.

Let's just hug each other:rolleyes:

On a more serious note: dueling and fort-fighting are the two basic fundamentals of this game.There is NOTHING else that's durable and fun.
Yes quests can be fun,but they are non-renewable and therefore are not a fundamental.Jobs are an means to an end and therefor do not qualify either.

Like i said there are only 2 fundamentals in this game,we can't afford to kill one just to make the other more fun.

Duelers need victims,please be a victim to you friendly neighborhood dueler....

.......in the exact same way Fortfighters need victims to steal their fort from.

DeletedUser

The game is perfectly fine the way it is. You make choices. Want to be a fighter? Fine.
A fort fighter , a builder , a character than can do all jobs ? fine.
You cant't do ALL the things at once. But when you choose your opponents to fight,the game doesn't look players stats and say "hey he is a full construction worker"
Except not being able to receive duels , you also cant't start one. All the above types of players of course don't mind about chalenging others. But duellers do.
If there wasn't the 48 hour free from duels , nobody would be a pure fort fighter , nobody would want to play with a character that can do all jobs etc. So please stop being so selfish and accept the game the way it is. Duel the ones that can fight back and want to play with duels. I personally use the 48h ko and it makes me enjoy the game. So others.
Everybody who enloys the game duelling , can do it with the players who are skilled for duelling. Of course the ones that pick the weak and easy targets will disklike it when the worker is all the time in his 48h protection but get over it and find opponents that can fight back.

DeletedUser16008

The game is perfectly fine the way it is. You make choices. Want to be a fighter? Fine.
A fort fighter , a builder , a character than can do all jobs ? fine.
You cant't do ALL the things at once. But when you choose your opponents to fight,the game doesn't look players stats and say "hey he is a full construction worker"
Except not being able to receive duels , you also cant't start one. All the above types of players of course don't mind about chalenging others. But duellers do.
If there wasn't the 48 hour free from duels , nobody would be a pure fort fighter , nobody would want to play with a character that can do all jobs etc. So please stop being so selfish and accept the game the way it is. Duel the ones that can fight back and want to play with duels. I personally use the 48h ko and it makes me enjoy the game. So others.
Everybody who enloys the game duelling , can do it with the players who are skilled for duelling. Of course the ones that pick the weak and easy targets will disklike it when the worker is all the time in his 48h protection but get over it and find opponents that can fight back.

1. You cant tell who is specced for fort or dueling or anything else for that matter

2. There will always be pure something including fort fighters same as there are every other class specialties and skills

3. Pure fort fighter as an excuse is a joke as is any other pure build regarding anything... I cant do most jobs or quests or have 10k hp due to being a pure dueler but im not complaining... jezus grow up and accept consequences for your choices.

Maybe we can have a pop up on a toon then you look at them so we can see where all skills etc are placed in order that we dont "hit a soft target" wouldnt that be great ? :hmf:

DeletedUser20647

So, the real goal of this suggestion/idea is to take something away from others while not gaining anything yourself, right?

I would really like to know what the duelers are gaining from this quest KO removal. Besides those 100 easy targets, of which 5 should be in your range, each giving you 20-30 experience points.

DeletedUser16008

So, the real goal of this suggestion/idea is to take something away from others while not gaining anything yourself, right?

I would really like to know what the duelers are gaining from this quest KO removal. Besides those 100 easy targets, of which 5 should be in your range, each giving you 20-30 experience points.

The ability to protect their forts and do their job for one thing... at the moment an alliance that maybe small has no chance of defending their fort even be it small from KO abusing fort fighters so the only way for them to try and defend would logically include dueling those attackers of their fort in game before hand... they have no chance of doing that.. and im not talking about just the duelers being able to duel but anyone else should they choose to.Why is it just duelers you think would and are able to duel ? If i had a builder etc Id want the opportunity to help duel at forts before hand

The real goal is to uniform Quest NPC duels to be just a trip back to the hotel same as the others, what I am suggesting taking away is a loophole that players such as yourself use to hide on a constant basis. If anything it was intended to be a reprieve from being dueled not 24/7 such as it is becoming for fort fighters more and more.

The only ones gaining at the moment are the abusers of this option the rest are the ones losing out

DeletedUser28464

3095 wins

Victor, it is a bad strategy for you to show your 3095 wins. You are encouraging people to vote YES with your words, but at the same time encouraging people to vote NO with your stats.
With that amount of wins, nobody will believe that you are short on targets.

Pedro

Status
Not open for further replies.