Life after hell

DeletedUser

"None whatsoever. But I'm sure they have a translator. Most tribe do," I said, riding along with Johann sitting infront of me. Without a saddle, Johann moved around alot. With every bump, I was pretty sure he was in pain.

DeletedUser13682

Johann tries to hide his pain, but it is impossible. With every bump he grunts a little bit. "Hey! How long until we get there?"

DeletedUser

"I don't know. You tell me. I thought you knew where this place was," I said. Hope he isn't becoming forgetful.

DeletedUser13682

"I do know where we are going, I just lost track of time. Pain is not the best thing for timekeeping. So I'm asking you how long until we get there."

DeletedUser

"I don't know how long until we get there if I don't even know where it is. For all I know, this place could be 500 miles from here. But I would guess that it's been an hour now since we left Green Meadows," I tell him.

DeletedUser13682

"I know it's somewhere in a small canyon, though there are a lot of canyons. Try that one over there?"

DeletedUser

I spurred the horse and we headed towards a small canyon in the distance. It was getting dark by the time we arrived at the opening. "Is this the place?" I asked.

DeletedUser13682

Johann shrugs. "Well, it's as good a place as any to start. Wait. I think I see a light." Johann points over to a small red light in the distance. "Head over there, and let's see what it is."

DeletedUser

I spurred the horse and we headed towards the light. We go to about 300 yards when we stopped. I squinted my eyes to see better. It looked like a small camp fire and some tents.

DeletedUser

"I don't know. Could be some Apache from the earlier raid. Better be careful," I whispered as we headed towards the camp.

DeletedUser13682

Johann chambers a round in the Springfield Trapdoor. "Go around and see who they are. I'll stay with the horse so I can charge if you need assistance. Just yell if it gets to hairy."