Tortojcla

When can we expect promised level cap from 150 to 200 and other jobs and features. It was way back but I remember you announced it.
So what's with that?

lulumcnoob

Etriel announced it before doing any sort of feasibility study or before they even started working on any content. Then she left,
It's, obviously, not feasible to do after unlimited exp was introduced at level 150, as it was the last level cap update that was meant to ever happen, and there's not enough dev time in a month for timely content updates. But they are stuck trying to figure something out because it was announced and PvE-ers kind of don't understand why this would be devastating for the PvP aspects that made this an award winning game.

Bad Billy Jack

It seems to me that the game needs advanced worlds. Beginning worlds that go to L119 or L149, then advanced worlds where you advance to at L120 or L150. This will keep high and low levels separated.

The simplest way to do this is all new players start in a new series of low level worlds and all the current worlds become considered advanced worlds with the new higher level cap 200 or whatever along with advanced game content (new quests, new jobs, etc etc etc). Yes this means there will be some current low levels in advanced worlds, but hey it happens & they will continue to grow.

Inno can continue to condense all the higher level worlds together by closing currently dead worlds, nothing changes with that aspect.

EDIT: Oh and I also need to get back on my long-time soapbox. Power-levelling via church building has destroyed the game. It needs to be totally eliminated in all worlds!

Last edited:
The simplest way to do this is all new players start in a new series of low level worlds and all the current worlds become considered advanced worlds with the new higher level cap 200 or whatever along with advanced game content (new quests, new jobs, etc etc etc). Yes this means there will be some current low levels in advanced worlds, but hey it happens & they will continue to grow.

Excellent idea, extremely difficult to implement in that current situation, with the current team that develops the game.

Etriel announced it before doing any sort of feasibility study or before they even started working on any content. Then she left,
It's, obviously, not feasible to do after unlimited exp was introduced at level 150, as it was the last level cap update that was meant to ever happen, and there's not enough dev time in a month for timely content updates. But they are stuck trying to figure something out because it was announced and PvE-ers kind of don't understand why this would be devastating for the PvP aspects that made this an award winning game.

100% agree. The features of the game are not for extreme levels.
Set items give an enormous amount of skill points and given that they depend on your level and there is not a fix value, we end up completely missing aspects of the game.
Skill point distribution is now almost useless in jobs,duels, fort fights, exp, money collect. I remember in version 1 there were different ways to distribute skill points if you were builder, FFer, dueler, even for opening a specific job!! Now it is 80% about Lotery item, you dont even have to think much on how to use your precious skill points, and if the lvl cap will get higher, it will be even worse.

I know they are trying to figure out a way to keep the small player base, which getting even smaller, in game, but in my opinion lvl cap update is not the answer.

lulumcnoob

Skill point distribution is now almost useless in jobs,duels, fort fights, exp, money collect. I remember in version 1 there were different ways to distribute skill points if you were builder, FFer, dueler, even for opening a specific job!! Now it is 80% about Lotery item, you dont even have to think much on how to use your precious skill points, and if the lvl cap will get higher, it will be even worse.
You are spot on with this assessment, everyone is a jack-of-all-trades, but a master of none.
Now I'll be clear that you didn't need to be a pure fort fighter to do well in forts, but you did, at least, have to have some synergy in your build, like being a dueller and having some transferrable skills.

I don't duel anymore, because a pure builder in a melee defence set is about as strong as a pure dueller in an attack set, because there are now thousands of skill points in play with a random number generator.
I don't fort fight anymore because duellers can kill me in 1 round as a premium adventurer, because there are now thousands of skill points in play and no diminishing returns for damage.
I don't adventure because some whale has a gun that determines that he wins the game.

Quest rewards are not satisfying, or competitive with just grinding for exp/cash, and quest items don't compete with tombolas.
Construction is not satisfying, it's just clicking a button every few hours then waiting.
Grinding is not satisfying, because there's no PvP to grind for.

None of these core gameplay issues will be resolved by adding more levels.