Level 600 Crafting Change

Spaceydk

Idea title: Level 600 Crafting Change
Details of idea: Remove the cool down period on level 600 recipes, change it so the repeatable quest has 4 weeks before it can be repeated
Reasons for submitting: Taking 3 weeks to craft the 4 canned beans to be able to craft hottest chili is a big let down when finally reaching 600. Changing it so the repeatable quest can only be repeated every 4 weeks basically gives the same result but allows players to get the first level 600 craft quickly.

DeletedUser17143

Can you sell the canned beans though? Because if you can this would just result in lots of people selling the beans to get money because they could be quite expensive, and then no one would need to get to level 600 just to do the repeatable quest.

I haven't got to canned beans yet so I don't know if they are auctionable. If they are, I would say no to this. But if they aren't then I can see how this would make sense.

Spaceydk

No they are not sellable same with the Chili so no work around there, only the weapon can be sold.

DeletedUser17143

Then I guess there is no reason for it not to work like this. It's a yes from me.

DeletedUser

Yeah, that's how it should have been in the first place. It's not like crafting is exciting and fast paced and needs a ginormous speed bump to slow it down.

Spaceydk

Yeah, that's how it should have been in the first place. It's not like crafting is exciting and fast paced and needs a ginormous speed bump to slow it down.

Yeah you can not imagine the disappointment when I ran into this road block.
I almost quit, I were so fed up with this waiting, working hard spending a small fortune in both ingame cash and nuggets I get hit with this.

Another lesson in expect the worst.

DeletedUser

Speed bump

I just hit this speed bump ... maybe the worst thing in the game. If I understand this crazy delay correctly, if will take me 1/2 a year to reach level 625 and more than a year after that to reach level 650. Like anyone really cares enough to make more than a dozen of those weak axes. Very anticlimactic. This one definitely needs a rewrite. I will work hard to spread the word. Getting to 600 is definitely not worth it.

DeletedUser35533

yes do this . also when you hit 650 it should stay green , green achievement has been out of reach of many.

DeletedUser

They placed that, so people need to move on other ways.

Making the quest on a monthly based would let you get 10000 items and just go there every month to trade them one by one. The end result would be the same... but you wouldn´t need to be trying around other things.

Even with this block, there are people with more than 15 weapons made... So no problem there. And it´s fun to get a blocking point so people will not get to 650 on the same day they start to make the crafting, just because they got all the products before starting on the first recipe.

There is no other reward for getting into the 650. If some new recipes arrive that raises the limit to 750, then those will lose that time frame and the trade will be the one that gets that time limit. For now it´s better this way.

DeletedUser14192

Idea title: Level 600 Crafting Change
Details of idea: Remove the cool down period on level 600 recipes, change it so the repeatable quest has 4 weeks before it can be repeated
Reasons for submitting: Taking 3 weeks to craft the 4 canned beans to be able to craft hottest chili is a big let down when finally reaching 600. Changing it so the repeatable quest can only be repeated every 4 weeks basically gives the same result but allows players to get the first level 600 craft quickly.

Jesus this entire crafting thing seems horrible. As a saddler I only have three recipes I can do to gain XP (I'm level 106 right now) and two of those require items from other crafters. But because Crafting is such a pain in the but and you need to buy crafting items from other crafters who put ridiculous prices on items most people don't do the crafting anymore it seems.

DeletedUser25632

I'm up to 350 on my crafting, but don't care to get any further to be honest with all the bad things I hear. So, they definitely need to make a change.

DeletedUser34315

Any sort of block in a game feature should be from the difficulty of the feature, not from artificial time restrictions. Crafting is no different. If the devs are that adamant about slowing crafters down, make the recipes take more products, give crafting points less frequently, etc. Don't just force players to stall out.

DeletedUser35533

They placed that, so people need to move on other ways.

Making the quest on a monthly based would let you get 10000 items and just go there every month to trade them one by one. The end result would be the same... but you wouldn´t need to be trying around other things.

Even with this block, there are people with more than 15 weapons made... So no problem there. And it´s fun to get a blocking point so people will not get to 650 on the same day they start to make the crafting, just because they got all the products before starting on the first recipe.

There is no other reward for getting into the 650. If some new recipes arrive that raises the limit to 750, then those will lose that time frame and the trade will be the one that gets that time limit. For now it´s better this way.
you would only get to trade in 1 weapon like quests that can be done only once a year.
I don't see how blocking people from advancing is fun . it takes tons of products and you can't them before starting (even if you did so what?) I tried and the requirements got changed mid my level up so a lot of product I gathered up was made useless but I was ok with that and I don't see how people leveling up would be a bad thing. you can craft weapons from level 600 people just want to have it maxed out because they are coalitionists .as you said there is no reward for getting to 650 so why not let people get to it ? .your entire post makes me facepalm , I wonder how much crafting have you done.

Jesus this entire crafting thing seems horrible. As a saddler I only have three recipes I can do to gain XP (I'm level 106 right now) and two of those require items from other crafters. But because Crafting is such a pain in the but and you need to buy crafting items from other crafters who put ridiculous prices on items most people don't do the crafting anymore it seems.
I still remember months of waiting for at least 1 person to level up their tonic peddler . With new card recipes I will have to seek out other high level craftsman (and the cards still do nothing)

DeletedUser35968

crafting seems very simple now. apart from getting lotus blossoms, there is nothing challenging for a tonic peddler.

DeletedUser

you would only get to trade in 1 weapon like quests that can be done only once a year.
I don't see how blocking people from advancing is fun . it takes tons of products and you can't them before starting (even if you did so what?) I tried and the requirements got changed mid my level up so a lot of product I gathered up was made useless but I was ok with that and I don't see how people leveling up would be a bad thing. you can craft weapons from level 600 people just want to have it maxed out because they are coalitionists .as you said there is no reward for getting to 650 so why not let people get to it ? .your entire post makes me facepalm , I wonder how much crafting have you done.

Funny for to say that others don´t bother with the craft... but you targetted the wrong one. (and, like you say, you "don´t see how blocking people from advancing"... but advancing for what? There is nothing to win over the 604... it´s just a blank space to be used on some future update)

Tonic Peddler - 603 (waiting for a few more days to get the last pieces to get the first weapon)
Cook - 621
Cook - 602
Blacksmith - 536 (stopped because the recipes im missing, people ask for 500k for each one)

The only thing i don´t make is buying the products or get some "slaves" that give me thousands and thousands of products. That´s why im only at those levels... because i dropped 95% of all the products i used and traded others for the ones i needed.

On the tonic peddler i have 19 tooths for use that i dropped. On the cook i have 31 chili (all dropped by me) and 12 on the other one. On the blacksmith i have 12 golden wheels but i don´t have 3 recipes.

So yeah i know, perfectly, what takes to raise into the top levels of the crafting since i had all of those accounts BEFORE the crafting arrived into the game and can´t find any problem with that...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser30224

I'll wait until they remove the cool-down to get my little character to craft lvl 650. So if they want an extra crafter they better remove the cool-down :D

DeletedUser30417

yes do this . also when you hit 650 it should stay green , green achievement has been out of reach of many.

Actually the 600 recipes are still green at 650.

Reached 650 as blacksmith in Arizona. Took me quite a while to max out my crafting. I don't mind that it takes a very long time to get there. What I do mind is that nothing happens when you reach 650. At the very least one would expect that you get an achievement at 650, but nothing happened :hmf: