Level 120 Solution

DeletedUser

This idea is basically suggestion RAISE THE LEVEL LIMIT. lol. maybe they will do in in couple of years.

NO TO THIS

Red Falcon

I would not like another Level Limit Raise, although the extra skills and attributes would be nice as long as players could not stand a chance of abusing this. Maybe there should be an additional requirement in addition to the exp level requirement. Such as...
For duels, maybe at least 100 duels need to be won for 1 skill point in addition to the 10K exp needed.
For jobs, it might be something like 200 or 300 jobs to complete. Or it could be flip-flopped, since duels cost less exp than 2-hour jobs. Or...
It could be 100 2-hour jobs needed. And the jobs would need to be completed for 2 hours per job and nothing less than this.

DeletedUser

its a bad bad idea, sorry bro

Make this would unbalance the game as others told before

DeletedUser563

Perhaps a bit of information for me first. Are you certain levels wont be raised again. It seems logical that if there is a certain percentage of players reaching level 120 say 10% they might consider a next higher level perhaps 140. Btw if this was already discussed my apologies I'm working and just had a quick look in here because this idea peeked my interest earlier but was busy with other thread.

So if the levels aint gonna be raised yes. Although it will then be similar to them raising the levels. But yes. Otherwise if it is in the pipeline perhaps for 1.33 then No. Also perhaps they should with each update(major). increase the levels with 5 without necessary adding quests for them new levels.

DeletedUser22493

The way the made the new ranking system, I doubt they plan to raise it anytime soon.

DeletedUser

Perhaps a bit of information for me first. Are you certain levels wont be raised again. It seems logical that if there is a certain percentage of players reaching level 120 say 10% they might consider a next higher level perhaps 140.

Your logic is flawed. The fact that you still accrue XP makes it illogical that the cap will ever be raised again. If the cap were raised to 140 today, lumpyass on w11 would be 140 today, or close to it, from XP already accrued.

zet said:
@Athos: Contrary to the public opinion, we have no plans for raising the level limit again. You can gain XP when reaching the level cap and thus still fighting for the #1 rank position.

http://devblog.the-west.net/?p=454&lang=en#comment-5669

As others have pointed out, there's really no difference at all between this suggestion and completely removing the level cap. The only thing missing is 10 hp per level (insignificant), and gaining SP without your DL going up (imbalancing).

DeletedUser

Why not give CP instead of SP?Something like 1 CP for 5k xp.
It won't unbalance anything as using crafting recipe will be lot easier than earning this much xp.
Yet it will be a nice bonus for those who are working for the top spot.

I know its not that realistic,but then a lot of things[like dueling] in this game aren't.

I thought about suggesting an energy and health refill as though you'd leveled every 50k or so xp over 120.

Why on earth would anyone want that? o_O
Its like completing the golden gun quest and getting rusty razor blade as reward!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I thought about suggesting an energy and health refill as though you'd leveled every 50k or so xp over 120.

DeletedUser563

Your logic is flawed. The fact that you still accrue XP makes it illogical that the cap will ever be raised again. If the cap were raised to 140 today, lumpyass on w11 would be 140 today, or close to it, from XP already accrued.

http://devblog.the-west.net/?p=454&lang=en#comment-5669

As others have pointed out, there's really no difference at all between this suggestion and completely removing the level cap. The only thing missing is 10 hp per level (insignificant), and gaining SP without your DL going up (imbalancing).

Be that as it may. Since we are discussing level 120 indirectly. As level 120 gets saturated players will take one of 3 choices. 1.Worst case quit the game 2. Stop paying premium 3. Continue with premium and game(best case) . Option 1 and 2 will affect Innogames directly as they will start losing money. These ad infinitum games is not good there must be a continuum of goals and levels. Remember those that are already number 1 still has the goal of being number 1 or number 2- 10 wants to reach him . The others have no goalposts anymore after they reach for example the other accomplishments. My logic is not flawed even if the developers decides something. They internally report to someone higher or must explain bad economic performance higher up. For example world 1 say has 1500 premium players at most that is 1500 * $14 bucks = $21000. if 60% of these reach level 120 and stop paying premium there will be questions that need answering. They will never let their financial outcome decay to that extend no matter what they might say now. If they do its easy the head will get chopped off and the levels will get increased(simple as that)

DeletedUser22493

Let Inno worry about their premium income. Thats not your problem, and therefor not a valid argument as to why you should have it your way.

As for running out of goals and quitting at lvl 120, is a false assumption.
For me its been more like finally getting to the top of the mountain, and getting time to enjoy the view.
Im enjoying the game now more than ever, and I have goals now that will take me years to complete. And by that time, many new changes will have come, and new goals will have been set.

DeletedUser

If players stop paying premium and start to quit Inno will have think the possibility of
closing down the server.Which is our problem so it is a very valid argument.

And just because you have plenty of goals doesn't necessarily mean rest of us do too.

DeletedUser22493

I doubt they need the players to tell them that if the game bores them, they will leave.

Leveling is the only thing you can't keep doing.
If dueling, crafting, fort fighting, collecting, socializing & questing (if you haven't finished them all) bores you, then this game might not be for you. But that isn't necessarily the games fault.

DeletedUser

If devs didn't want player opinion I wonder why they opened up so many forum and devblogs. :)

Leveling up was never a chore to me so I won't compare reaching L120 as climbing up a mountain.
And isn't the point of dueling & fort fighting is earning exp so that we can level up?
Yes there are some 0 motivation duelers and some people care about westforts ranking but
how many people would do these if they didn't get any exp?Yes I find both crafting and
collecting boring.Just because I like this game doesn't necessarily mean
I have to like every aspect of it.

DeletedUser563

Yes Jesse is correct. I myself on world 1 completed the wrong part of the raid quest already so no Golden Gun. Will complete animal spirits within a week and then traveling circus probably month or so after. i will get my fort battle guru medal soon and then my fort elite fighter medal. I dont know about your countless goals thereafter. Oh and I will have the new quest to complete then. As to crafting from level 230 to 250 crafting is impossible on world 1 as you have no yellow recipes and have to get about 80 1 to 3% items to gain 20 levels. Whats the fun if you bought them. My level 500 craft item requires an uncut ruby and a uncut diamond. Like I told them developers already. How will you be able to put a price on such an item that increases your speed for 10 actions with 100%. On other worlds I am almost like a robot. Check last reports queue / check quest/ complete quest/else do same work again. I dont read quest storylines anymore

i dont see how raising levels hurts anybody. Yes you will be able to do more work. So perhaps there is an abuse element in that. On the other hand you will be able to explore more jobs etc etc.
Duel v duel the lower levels will also keep on leveling up so if you were evenly matched with a level 100 dueler nothing can really change.
Fort Battles most big alliances are evenly matched with level 120's. So there can be no change. All other levels in fact advances quicker. So there can be no unbalancing of the playing fields with this.
New jobs and quest can also be introduced for higher level players. A 20 level increase a year means about 6 months of work for most. You can convert high xp level 120 players to higher levels and give them the ap's and sp's that comes with it. A continued increase in xp requirements also means a greater sense of achievement if he actually completes a level.

Now I must give Innogames credit in fact when they won the online game of the year in 2008 I though it might be more the novelty of the game rather than the game play itself. Since then they have really worked on the game play and we have a far better game than in those days. So in my opinions raising levels should in fact be a no brainer.

Coming therefore back to this idea. Yes if there is really no chance of a raise in levels. But as I pointed out leveling up prevents most of the abuse concerns of this idea. In fact if you think about it the abuse is towards the level 120 atm. For since if he was evenly matched with say a level 100 dueler. He must respec constantly to keep up whereas the level 100 keeps improving merely by leveling up.

DeletedUser

the fact that you chose master saddler says a lot. and really, just move on if you're so bored with the game already. the devs won't increase the level cap just to keep you playing.

DeletedUser

the fact that you chose master saddler says a lot.

There's a huge difference between master saddler on w1 and master saddler on any other world. With no halve waytime, oats were much more precious on w1 than other worlds and they're in shorter supply.

DeletedUser

Stop personal attacks.....

the fact that you chose master saddler says a lot. and really, just move on if you're so bored with the game already. the devs won't increase the level cap just to keep you playing.

Not sure why so many people posting angry remarks here.He is just posting his opinion here
what gives you any right to attack him personally?Those who are seeking L120 solution are
some of the best players this game has ever seen.TBH I'd rather see you and other haters
move on before them.