Letters home. ( Civil war times ) RPG-

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Hey honey,

Just writeing to see how things are back home,I've only got six months left here, how are the kids doing? I really can't wait to hear you'r voice again. But... I have some news, bad news to be exact, your brother is dead,A unit of Confederate solders found him while he was on patrol last night,before could pull his gun, they shot him and his freind down,I'm going to see if i can get him the Bronze Star, But honey, don't let this get to you ok? He's in a better place now.

Your loveing fiance, Alex.

( You are free to post now =) )

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I sat with my eyes closed, listening to the sounds of the camp. I could hear the man next to me, writing a letter. I could hear the sound of the fire crackiling. Everyone was on edge because of the recent shooting of two of our soldiers. They had buried them this mornining after trying to save them. But both of them had died durining the surgery. It was at those moments that really set in the reality of war.

DeletedUser3717

Jordon sat there his head in his hands.

"God damnit.." Jordon muttered as he took a drink from his companion.

Jordon checked his gun and added two more marks to the list of dead soldiers, Seven marks were etched into the gun.

"Damn.." Jordon muttered as sand blew in his face..

DeletedUser

Alex walked over to the graves and bent down beside his brother, " I'll get the rebs for you ok Dave?" and then Alex cryed a bit, before finnally saying a prayer " Dear lord, give me the strength to make it through this war, Amen "

DeletedUser

I heard the prayer the man was saying by the graves. After he finished the prayer, I muttered "Amen." I stood up and grabbed my musket and began my patrol. Since the Confederates had been so close to our camp, we had doubled our sentry. The patrols were long and you soon learned to catch as much sleep as you could whenever you could.

DeletedUser

Alex himself had to start his patrol as well, turns out the two men were placed in the same sentry, Alex was armed diffrent though,Alex was useing a henry rifle, and a volanic ten, Alex then yelled to a man who was in his sentry " Watch where you're pointing that rifle son!" and then sat down with his sentry waiting to begin the patrol

DeletedUser

David picked up his Sharps. He walked over to an apple orchard and looked for some fresh apples. He saw a ripe and clean apple so he picked it and sat next to the tree he plucked it from. He took out his Bowie Knife and cut the skin off of the apple and ate all but the core. Then he put the knife back in its Sheath and got up to walk back to camp. He was about to write home to his Wife whom he so dear and loved when he heard gunshots...

[Ok, so are we union or confederate?]

DeletedUser

[ union ]Alex got down behind a fence " where the heck are they?! " Alex finnally saw a rebs chargeing into the battle feild with his colt revolver held high Alex fired a single shot into his skull " Got em !"

DeletedUser3717

Jordon heard gunshots and got up.

"not now..." Jordon said as he finished sewing up his wound.

DeletedUser

David rushed into a near by armoury tent. He went to his trunk to get more cartridges for his Sharps rifle. He took out a key and opened the chest and grabbed 14 shells and he picked up his Lemat Pistol which he had gotten off of a dead Confederate officer 4 days earlier, it was already loaded so he put it in his holster, he rushed out of the tent only to see more confederates approaching from the west side.

DeletedUser3717

(I'll be part of the confederates)

Jordon put on his jacket which contained the rank of captain..

"Men... get ready.." Jordon muttered as he readyed his rifle..

DeletedUser

"Yes sir." sergeant McGilligan said to his captain. "Come on lads! For Dixy! For General Lee!"

DeletedUser

Alex saw the man stand up, fired a shot and just scraped the top of his hat.

DeletedUser

David saw a mans hat fly off so david decided to shoot. He fired his rifle and hit the Confederates hat while it was in mid air, it shook and fell to the ground.

DeletedUser

Crouching behind a fence, I fired off my musket into the woods. Wish I had brought a better gun I thought to myself as I loaded up my musket.

DeletedUser

( OCC Danget dave is banned )

Alex looked to his left, the momment he looked a young solder next to him just got to swallow a bullet " Damnet " Alex said to himself as he begain to reload his henry

DeletedUser

I could feel something warm running down the side of my face. I rubbed it off my face and looked down at my hand to see blood. I looked on my right to see a soldier lying on the ground, dead. I fired off my musket again into the dark, hoping to hit one of the Confederates.

DeletedUser

I finnally got the guts to yell a command " Hold your fire and get down, wait for the feds to come to us! "

DeletedUser

alex you may want to call em rebs. feds would be the north, "Federals" as they are called. just lettin ya know.

As Captain Duckett of the 12th Ga Co. F shouted the order to fix bayonets we all prepared to charge against the Union lines. This was madness, we could hardly see 2 feet in front of us, and now they were gonna have us charge against a line of men we couldn't see, nor knew how many of em' there are. But each of us reached for the bayonets that hung from our belts, attached them to the end of our muskets, and listened to hear the words pierce through the sounds of musket fire, "Charge Bayonets."

Status
Not open for further replies.