Let the battle begin....

Harsha..

Also posted in the worldwide center

Hello everyone

as we have seen, World 2's activity has dropped drastically over the recent months - a recent battle ended 33 vs 5. Most of the people in this battle came just because their town's fort was under attack.

In a battle where no help was called for and occurred at the far end of the map, the numbers were like this - 14 vs 5 - that's bad, as about 4 showed up from the attackers side and 3-5 dudes came from the defending side - that means that there are just about 10 or so active fighters looking out for fort battles to go to

worse still, that number is dropping as the number of battles occurring reduces and they move on to fresher, more active worlds - more recently, even Azuk has deleted. i have heard little from the old friends who i fought side by side so long ago in the "war era" like [player]ArtyUSMG[/player], who was once the best fighter of W2

So, it's time that we did something about it and revived World 2

THE PLAN

I have been working on a major plan - which is quite similar to the Game mastered World 4 plan, but with a much different setting.

on W4, it's Mexicans versus Texans, in this one, it'll be redcoats versus Red Indians.

THE STORYLINE

Most of you guys know about it very well, the redcoats were the Britishers, who invaded America long ago. The Indians were slaughtered and defeated tamely. But in this one - the Indians are just as powerful as the redcoats and fight back with a venegage.

HOW IT WILL BE CARRIED OUT?:

In this one, there'll be no official mod participation, except ofcurse - Duduie and Diggo, who will only play a player role.

So, it all lies in us leaders hands. We can do it, as we do have the enterprise, luckily it's not too late to get it started

Firstly, all the towns activity will have to be evaluated, then based on their strengths, they will be put into one of the two sides - the redcoat or Indian side. BOTH SIDES will be BALANCED

Duduie proposed that we set up two main towns - one with Indians, the other with soldiers. please discuss on this point

The crieta for winning the war will be takeover of a certain number of forts - ie about 5 big forts. The battles will happen in a organized manner, as seen in W4 - ie one every 48 hours.

once a side "wins" and gets the required number of forts, the sides will be re-shuffled and the game will be set in a brand new secrenaco

To make it much more interesting, i propose that we all re-name our towns and forts according to the sides, what do you think?

I'll discuss this with some of the admins and try to get them to help out a bit - i will inform you if i they do agree to help out

Please share your thoughts on this and put in your suggestions

DeletedUser

Like the idea, hopefully it works.

It's been tough for the last 5 months or so for anything to get done in World 2.

You know I'm semi-retired, but I'll definitely jump in some fort battles (-=

Harsha..

heyy - you attacked me :p

anyhow, seriously - yes, i do hope that the others like it as well, then it'll be a grand success and World 2 will be just like W1 - "The land of the titanic battles" :D

DeletedUser

I like this idea. I'm new here but even in this small period in the game I can see that the activity in w-2 is decreasing dramatically. I hope you will be able to succeed in this intention because the organization of such an attempt won't be easy. I wish you all luck in this.

DeletedUser

As Harsha already mentioned, I discussed this with him, tried to contribute with ideas and of course, I am in.
There's one thing I would like to add: just like in w4, we won't have battles during holidays, for 2 reasons: let people have fun with their families and friends and give them time to finish the holiday quests (which we all know give special irreplaceable items).
Hope you will all embrace the idea. I know some of you don't want to lose forts, but I think we can compromise and come to a final agreement that will please everybody.

DeletedUser

There won't be much of use for forts if activity falls down. I'm myself active and if I would be a higher level i sure would contribute in this idea. I play this game for fun not to stand there doin' nothing and just hoping for action.

DeletedUser

There won't be much of use for forts if activity falls down. I'm myself active and if I would be a higher level i sure would contribute in this idea. I play this game for fun not to stand there doin' nothing and just hoping for action.
Is much more complicated than that. Let's just say: some of us would hate to see our forts into the hands of a certain town... :)
But I am sure we can agree on something convenient for all.

DeletedUser

Oh yes!!!! Sorry!!! I forgot that I don't own any forts. My mistake. :D

DeletedUser

Oh I was not referring to you and as far as I see, you are in rank 1 town, Gomorra :)
We share some forts together (well, Gomorra and Gunslingers Gulch), but let's not change the subject, I am sorry Harsha, won't happen again ...

Harsha..

It's ok - and, yes - it's a major issue - the ownage of forts

i intend to deal with this issue in an orderly manner - the plan's feasible, i can get it moving as we do have many active leaders willing to jump on the bandwagon - and there are no towns who might play spoil sport. Basically, the whole world can be involved in this ;)

if ALL town leaders agree to devote their resources into this effort, it'll be great - we'll be the first world in all of The west's history to have no "watertight" towns, but, a completely fluid setting, where forts and members are moved freely

It'll be like setting a field for a football or cricket match, trust me - it'll be a reviltazing experience! - i do hope that it'll be possible to achieve

Noobmic

I like the idea and I think it will bring the world to live (at least we have something to more interesting to do).

My suggestions to make it more appealing:
1) Each player can join the battle (minimum level required 20);
2) Each player that joins must deposit some money lvl*10 (so for level 30 it will be 300, for level 90 it will be 900) (if you consider that is too much then we can lower it).
3) When a player joins he will not know witch side it will be (the game should have an algorithm put in place to make some randoms at join);
4) Each player will get a random indian/british name (maybe later on we could choose one), this is for keeping us safe from duelers after the battle ends;
5) Each time when the battle occurs depends on the number of player the game algorithm will chose where the battle will take place;
6) I was thinking that with 5 min before battle each player will be moved to the fort where he will take place (we pay money after all to participate);
7) At the end based on the money put for the battle by all players we will get drops

(I need to go now, but maybe I will complete the list later on).

DeletedUser22685

You have my word that NWO will not attempt to spoil this in any way, and will stick with the decided rules and theme.

I have a question regarding the details. Will it be like the W4 Texas Revolution in that it is historically accurate, and also will there be one elected "head" town for each side and other towns may ally to either side if they wish? Or is it just every own on one side is equal, much like alliances now, just with a specified scenario?

1. Everyone will go on the side against us, apart from our few allies.

2. This will abolish any existing alliances (it will have to, or it will stay as boring as it is now because my first point will apply), and people may not be happy to do that.

DeletedUser

I am not sure on what we will finally decide, but we will split in 2 equal forces and have fun in battles. The battle tactics will have a huge role, just like in w4 :)

DeletedUser

The Herald would like it to be known NO Redcoat did anywhere near as much damage to the Native American nation as the US army did. The Treaty of Paris in 1783 effectively ended British Empire ties with the newly formed independent country USA. The atrocities and abominations committed by the americans agaisnt the native american nation notably the Sioux and the Cherokhee were mainly between 1820 and 1845. Ergo nothing to do with Britain.
Please do not blame the Redcoats for the appalling way the Americans treated the native american tribes (and also the English language valour, colour, armour, honour, labour, aluminium, irony)

And lo! respect for trying to get the world active, but let it be known The British can't be blamed for everything.
Thus spaketh The Herald.

Harsha..

it's medieval English - no frills, but pure English :p - in my opinon, it's much better than the type which we use these days - which all is filled with abbervations, odd words and so on

and, yes - The Herald has a good point, this plan was just one which i suggested which we could use - i'm open to changing the plot, and yes, i'll surley look into your suggestion of changing the Indians oppersors to the US army - does anyone else have any other such suggestions?