-put items on the market, determine the number of the items

thats it
winky.gif

the price is for the whole package!
glasses.gif

Is it legal to use this script?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

cant get this to function with firefox....the market patch applied window does not show,,,tried bookmarking it but still not works

DeletedUser

the window with "market patch applied" appears, but I don't get the chance to choose the numbers I want to sell.

DeletedUser

You need to be careful when you use this script, you can sell x pieces for one piece's price.

DeletedUser

Hmmmmm...just have to be carefull then...perhaps the script can be improved on but this is very handy indeed...saves a lot of time individually entering the data and protects your goods from theft manually accepting a large sale....perhaps the Team from Inno can implement an improvment into the market next time around......:D

DeletedUser

To bad that he can only speak for the German servers.
I would still wait until the CM or co-CM replied here.

Special rules for germans? only thing the script do is make it easier to buy or sell 1+ things so it does not make any sense that it would be illegal in any way.

Yesterday i bought 50 wood thanks to the script, if it wasn't for the script i would still be clicking on buy buy buy in market and adding server load for nothing.

DeletedUser

No, is not special rules for germans. Each their own. The german CM checked the script and allowed it for the german community. The .net CM or co-CM will check this soon and we'll have our own confirmation about this. If anything wrong is spotted, then it will not be allowed and the german CM will also be announced. This is how it works: each on their own turf.

DeletedUser

Well it shouldn't be legal. It allows you to circumvent the market pricing limits. If something has a minimum price of $100, you can post 100 of them for $100.

DeletedUser

Well it shouldn't be legal. It allows you to circumvent the market pricing limits. If something has a minimum price of $100, you can post 100 of them for $100.

Thats like saying that every car that can go above the speedlimit should be illegal...

If you buy all them items for the cost of only one, then you would maybe break some rule. But if you are paying $10,000 you are not breaking any rule at all. So the script it self does not break any rule.

DeletedUser

So the script it self does not break any rule.

The script ENABLES you to circumvent price restrictions on the market by selling any number of items for the minimum price for one. That's called CHEATING. Any use of the tool to do so should be considered PUSHING one way or the other.

By your logic (or lack thereof), a tool that lets you manually set your damage in a duel should be legal, but only if you don't set it above the maximum. This isn't about a car being capable of going over the speed limit, this is about removing the restrictor plate from your NASCAR car.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The script ENABLES you to circumvent price restrictions on the market by selling any number of items for the minimum price for one. That's called CHEATING. Any use of the tool to do so should be considered PUSHING one way or the other.

By your logic (or lack thereof), a tool that lets you manually set your damage in a duel should be legal, but only if you don't set it above the maximum. This isn't about a car being capable of going over the speed limit, this is about removing the restrictor plate from your NASCAR car.

So? I can sell 1 wood for $10,000 and then buy 1 woods from the same player for $16 so this script doesn't add a cheat to the game it only make the game easier if you want to buy many items. And if someone want to sell 2 woods for $16 what's the big deal? giving items for free have always been possible even if it is a cheat.

We are not talking about a program that let you set what dmg you will do, it is a program that let you buy all the 10 woods you need in one click instead of having to click on buy 10 times, sure it is possible to abuse it but like i said, even before this script you could just as easy give away your money in one click if you really wanted to.

DeletedUser

Oh, I'm sorry, you're right, selling 1 wood for $16 total and selling 100 wood for $16 total is exactly the same. Price limits are there for a REASON. This feature was disabled for exactly this reason.

DeletedUser

Ok English is not my first language and you clearly misunderstand what i said, i'm sorry for that and i hope i will be clearer now.

Selling 100 wood for $16 is cheating, i agree.
But is not selling 1 wood for $1600 and then buy 100 wood for $16 each exactly the same thing?

Banning this script does not remove a cheat.