Labor points & Experience

• Thread starter DeletedUser14006
  • Start date

DeletedUser14006

Highest possible being 200?
So how do you explain getting 209?
Is the formula correct or in need of updating?

DeletedUser

Highest possible being 200?
So how do you explain getting 209?
Is the formula correct or in need of updating?

Yes.
You chose the worker class.
It's definitely not correct, but almost impossible to improve, unless the devs let you look at their work.

DeletedUser14006

Thx everyone, guess this will have to satisfy my curiosity, the random factor is just crazy but what can you do?

DeletedUser

Ok, fine. I see all the calcs. But when is the calculation actually made? At the start of the job, at the completion of the job or at a random time during the job? If I were to change clothes after I started working in order to bring more LP to the job, have I wasted my effort because the calc has already been made based on my LP when the job started, will I benefit because the calc runs at the job end and will use the LP at job end or is it an unknown because it runs at a random time durning the job?

BB

DeletedUser

Calculation is done when you click "Ok" and queue the job. But LP don't matter for the XP anyway.

DeletedUser14006

So even if I click ok to accept job when motivation is at 98% and say it takes 5 hours to travel to the job, 7 hours to complete the job, it still calculates on the initial click and not on the updated motivation when i arrive 5 hours later?

Hope you can understand what I am getting at :)

DeletedUser

So even if I click ok to accept job when motivation is at 98% and say it takes 5 hours to travel to the job, 7 hours to complete the job, it still calculates on the initial click and not on the updated motivation when i arrive 5 hours later?

Hope you can understand what I am getting at :)

Yes, it's when the job is scheduled.

DeletedUser

Thanks guys. I know it is a subtle point when the calc is made, but it is important. Like especially for the guy who is travelling 5 hours and has to deal with the motivation at the time the job is scheduled.

Here is a workaround. Instead of scheduling the job immediately, use a signpost to go to a nearby town for the five hour trip. When you get to town your motivation has gone up during the travel. Now schedule the job and benefit from the higher motivation level.

BB

DeletedUser

Here is a workaround. Instead of scheduling the job immediately, use a signpost to go to a nearby town for the five hour trip.

It works, but why would anyone schedule a job 5 hours away? Traveling to town that way has other uses, like swinging by town to deposit cash before heading to the next job, but how many times is that particular scenario going to come up?

DeletedUser

Yes, it's when the job is scheduled.
Does this mean if I shedule 2 jobs (for 2 hours either) each of them would be done with 100% motivation? :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Does this mean if I shedule 2 jobs (for 2 hours either) each of them would be done with 100% motivation? :unsure:

No, it uses motivation when the job is actually started. I know it seems complicated and inconsistent, but when LP is calculated and when motivation is calculated is easily confirmed by the building points formula when constructing town buildings.

DeletedUser

It works, but why would anyone schedule a job 5 hours away? Traveling to town that way has other uses, like swinging by town to deposit cash before heading to the next job, but how many times is that particular scenario going to come up?

You are right, it doesn't. This started as kind of a theoretical 'what if'. That beign said, and straying somewhat from topic, it would be interesting if there was more reason to travel long distances. For example, coal mining jobs only happen in certain counties, same with silver mining; forts could be clumped nearby trade with indian jobs; maybe even have jobs 'float' about the map. Once a certain number of hours of building the bridge, starightening the river, laying railroad tracks, etc. have been logged, the job will dissappear and move elsewhere.

Elmyr--can you point me to a more relavent thread for this discussion?

BB