Resolved Killed the Wogon chief???

DeletedUser31239

Killing the Wogon chief???

Hi guys,

Is anyone else having an issue with the Shoot Wogon chief part of the Attack of the Wogons quest??

I have managed to shoot and beat him in a battle but it is not completing the quest for me.
Do I need to completely knock him out??
Or is there another part to this quest I am completely missing i.e. certain weapon or have to equip something

Keep saying at the end that you did not Kill the Wogon Chief. Which leads to me think why does it say Shoot Wogon chief rather than kill if this is the case?!?

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser29831

You have to kill him. He has the same HP as you, minus 150 or so. So the lower your HP, the lower is his.

I have just attacked the Wogon chief somewhere around 75 times. With an average of 300 points per duel, that's 22500 hit points. Since my hit points are considerably less than that, I think your answer is not accurate.

WTF do you hafta do to kill the thing?

DeletedUser

It doesn't matter how much damage you do in your previous duels; if you fail to KO the Chief, he will always start with slightly less health than however much health you have. Reduce your health to match your average damage dealing capability (of ~300) and then you will be able to KO him.

DeletedUser

With all the Galactic Garblers being consumed? Best make yourself comfortable, 'cause it'll be a long wait. :laugh:

delldell56

not minus 150. as long as you have 1000-1200hp and are wearing appearence gear, you should be able to kill him easily. the problem is basically your own hp, you don't have to be a dueler (actually, a dueling build would hurt you) to beat him and his sissy scout's axe. in dakota, where i have no extra health point because i don't need to waste skills on that, i killed him the first time i tried. on worlds where my hp is higher, even if below 2000hp, i have had to duel a few npcs first to dump hp. over 1.5k is doable, but around 1k is nearly a sure thing.

stop making a mountain out a molehill. drop your hp and you'll kill him before you can say "ooops".

DeletedUser31022

not minus 150. as long as you have 1000-1200hp and are wearing appearence gear, you should be able to kill him easily. the problem is basically your own hp, you don't have to be a dueler (actually, a dueling build would hurt you) to beat him and his sissy scout's axe. in dakota, where i have no extra health point because i don't need to waste skills on that, i killed him the first time i tried. on worlds where my hp is higher, even if below 2000hp, i have had to duel a few npcs first to dump hp. over 1.5k is doable, but around 1k is nearly a sure thing.

stop making a mountain out a molehill. drop your hp and you'll kill him before you can say "ooops".

It's not making a mountain out of a molehill it's talking common sense! NPCS should have a set hp and players should not have to hurt themselves just to kill a fake character. On one world I have a charater with over 8k hp and dueling npc's is just crazy cause I have no problem hitting them every shot without being hit myself but the way they're set up 10,000 duels wouldn't do a damn thing! Absolutely nothing sensible there.

But I know talking about these things will only be ignored so I just have to do my duels after a fort fight when I've just been ko'd in order to win....so there's my suggestion to getting through those duels.

delldell56

the update gives you another option now. you can go do one of those jobs you don't have lp for, queue 3x 15s and you'll get injured without using much energy. i don't say it's perfect, but c'mon, it's not like this baboon is the first npc that mirrors your skills and hp, and most complaints are treating it as if this was a new thing.

DeletedUser

Thanks. But, that's just idiotic. I really hope any new quests are a bit more sensible.

More sensible? All npc's in all the quests requiring you to duel an npc had a set amount of HP required to defeat in 1 duel. The hp lost by npc's in duels was NEVER cumulative. I cannot see why you would expect this one to be different. At least it mirrors your hp pretty much. So if you are low, he is low. It does not get easier than that. In fact, it gets harder.
Here's the thing: when you say "sensible" you mean easy. If it was easy you'd complain they are not challenging, that they are boring. ;)

DeletedUser17612

Thanks. But, that's just idiotic.

I think that the way it is now, is actually very sensible.
The quest is available for limited time to all players level 10-120.
So if the HP was set, it would be either too easy for some or impossible for the others.
And if the had set skills, he would kill all low level players with single strike.

so mirroring your skills and HP makes most sense in such a quest/event.

DeletedUser22685

It's not making a mountain out of a molehill it's talking common sense! NPCS should have a set hp and players should not have to hurt themselves just to kill a fake character. On one world I have a charater with over 8k hp and dueling npc's is just crazy cause I have no problem hitting them every shot without being hit myself but the way they're set up 10,000 duels wouldn't do a damn thing! Absolutely nothing sensible there.

But I know talking about these things will only be ignored so I just have to do my duels after a fort fight when I've just been ko'd in order to win....so there's my suggestion to getting through those duels.

Erm, unless you somehow have 8k HP and 500 in aim and dodge, you're doing it wrong.

I was able to drain 12k HP in literally five seconds flat on a level 0 NPC. If you're naked and standing up straight you'll lose up to 2k HP per duel.

Furthermore, there are far too many threads about this duel already, and the same advice has been given time and time again. Please do a search and check the Quest Discussion forum (which is exempt from searches) before asking a new question!

DeletedUser

Keep saying at the end that you did not Kill the Wogon Chief. Which leads to me think why does it say Shoot Wogon chief rather than kill if this is the case?!?

It's just like every single other quest in the game. Shoot has always meant kill/KO.

DeletedUser29900

All this about killing the wogon chief is good but does any one have any tips on killing the stranger for The fate of the Cunninghams ????