Keys

DeletedUser8269

I really hope I dont end up with 2 keys finding out I have made a mistake or wrong decisions somewhere a long time ago so that they have become useless.
Much like Piece of a Note parts I and II....

DeletedUser14006

I am busy chewing away at the levels in front of me, when I get to level 99 then I shall begin having fun with this game and trying to figure out where the secrets to the third key and other items like Belle Stars deringer!

DeletedUser14006

After weeks of googling I am still no closer to unraveling the secret behind the elusive third key, I think it is about time the developers gave an extra hint, at this rate I will be an old man before this secret in revealed!

DeletedUser

With only little storys, it's all trial and errors, so all we can do is wait

DeletedUser8627

Well look at it this way, if all three keys did give something don't you think someone would have figured it our by now?

How long did it take Hernando's Sword quest to get figured out?

I have read through a few topics like this now and afterwards it's starting to involve spittoons and what not :eek:hmy:

Probably the same thing as with those stone chains, one day when we big we will be able to use it for something. :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Well look at it this way, if all three keys did give something don't you think someone would have figured it our by now?

:rolleyes:

I beleive most of the people figured out how to do that quest because Morthy posted it on Weststats long time ago and then removed it quickly.

DeletedUser

I have read through a few topics like this now and afterwards it's starting to involve spittoons and what not :eek:hmy:

Probably the same thing as with those stone chains, one day when we big we will be able to use it for something. :rolleyes:

according to Jim what i've heard, the note's sense (Hernando) was told by a dev

And yes, I've read of the spittoon (who'd leave a key in a spittoon?)

DeletedUser

"Once a crook named Jack, with some accomplices planned to rob a bank. With loaded revolvers, they stormed the bank and robbed the safe. Nobody in the bank struggled. Each of the bandits filled a bag full of dollar bills and they all went back to their hideout. On the way back they heard in the distance a shootout and they followed the sound. The men around Jack saw a shootout between two groups. Since they did on this day still no bullet fired, she felt the Chill interfere in the fight. They joined the losing side to go wild and shot. But they underestimated the enemy. When Jack shot the last enemy, he noticed that only he was left. All his accomplices were shot dead. Jack took the spoils of his friends and set out on the home. Once in hiding, he opened the bags and had to his horror found that contained only his own bag or dollar bills. In a bag he found an old key rings with three framed as a handle piece. "

This is a hint from a dev about the third key, found this on the .de forum.
Used Google Translator to translate it.. :razz:
The story contains many false leads.

DeletedUser

This is a hint from a dev about the third key, found this on the .de forum.
Used Google Translator to translate it.. :razz:
The story contains many false leads.

They said something about that in the PT forums
My thoughs:

1 - You can lift the key from Jack
2 - You can duel Jack and rob the key
3 - You can find a bag, and there will be a 'Little Things' quest where Waupee says 'look inside that bag' and you'll find the key
4 - You can rob a bank with Jack

DeletedUser

From what I've read on the .de forum. You need to find a chest before you find the third key. And that the solution isn't that complicated compared to Hernando's sword.

DeletedUser

this makes no sense. The closest that comes to robbing banks is probably robbing trains or ambush stagecoach. And then the treasure... this must either be some kind of a top secret quest line or just sth to keep the players interested...

and who is that jack?

DeletedUser

From what I've read on the .de forum. You need to find a chest before you find the third key. And that the solution isn't that complicated compared to Hernando's sword.

Any ideas of how to get that chest

this makes no sense. The closest that comes to robbing banks is probably robbing trains or ambush stagecoach. And then the treasure... this must either be some kind of a top secret quest line or just sth to keep the players interested...

and who is that jack?

Jack is a guy from a little story.
And maybe robbing banks is just a quest from Jack like this:

-Preparing to the rob
requires: xx Dynamite, xx Schofield, xx Revolver

-Rob the bank
requires: tactics at xx, shooting at xx

-The shotout
requires: defeat xx (duel)

-The bag
target: look in the bag of cash
requires: -
reward: key 3

DeletedUser

"Once a crook named Jack, with some accomplices planned to rob a bank. With loaded revolvers, they stormed the bank and robbed the safe. Nobody in the bank struggled. Each of the bandits filled a bag full of dollar bills and they all went back to their hideout. On the way back they heard in the distance a shootout and they followed the sound. The men around Jack saw a shootout between two groups. Since they did on this day still no bullet fired, she felt the Chill interfere in the fight. They joined the losing side to go wild and shot. But they underestimated the enemy. When Jack shot the last enemy, he noticed that only he was left. All his accomplices were shot dead. Jack took the spoils of his friends and set out on the home. Once in hiding, he opened the bags and had to his horror found that contained only his own bag or dollar bills. In a bag he found an old key rings with three framed as a handle piece. "

Hmm this sound allot like a fort fight to me !

- On the way back they heard in the distance a shootout and they followed the sound.

-
The men around Jack saw a shootout between two groups.

Now the next part would be harder :p

- Since they did on this day still no bullet fired,

( no dueling ? first fortfight for the day ? )

-
They joined the losing side to go wild and shot.

( be on the loosing side ? )

-
When Jack shot the last enemy, he noticed that only he was left. All his accomplices were shot dead.

( be sole surviver ? )

So join a fort fight without any other fighting before that and be sole surviver on the loosing side :D

Now go open up your secret quest chests lol

Have there been any known fortfights with a sole surviver yet on any side yet ?

DeletedUser

Has anyone considered the fact you cannot join a battle in progress so maybe something to consider is a town loses a fort and then you need to be the sole survivor at the next battle with the same attacking and defending towns. That would be the losing side ;)

DeletedUser

I have one clue:
The ghost town (Clothes make the man)

After you have gambled away a few dollars, you meet a gorgeous woman who tells you a little story once you buy her a drink. It's a story about a chest with three locks. Each of these locks needs a particular and very rare key. Even she doesn't know where this treasure is supposed to be, but she once saw one of the keys - shown to her by a member of the Confederate Army, who was traveling to his base...

DeletedUser16806

Also, the twitter posting: "It looks like I am not the only one that found the Ghost Town. I hear there is a special key to be found here". It's been hypothesized that this is just a reference to the above hint, but can we rule anything out at the moment?

DeletedUser

yes but may be it is clue to have confederate flag in product slot....