Kate's Ring (How do I get it?)

DeletedUser

You've never had to have cash on hand. $200+ in the bank is all you ever needed.

DeletedUser

hey there i'm trying to finish a quest and i was just wondering, is the server time in the bottom right corner correct? mine changes the month in the date everyday but it's always the 3rd. Any idea?

DeletedUser

I have completed both the parts that lead up to the one where you have to hand over the ring, but I never realized that when I gave the dealer the 5 silver, I never GOT the ring as a reward.

Thus I cannot complete this quest even if I meet all the requirements of money, server time and being unarmed and awake, because the GAME didn't give me the ring I need to have when I completed the giving the dealer 5 silver quest. The unknown thief never appears at 7:00pm (server time) when I am awake and unarmed with $200 because I never have the ring.

So I would say that was a bug, wouldn't you? I was supposed to get the ring when I completed the hand over 5 silver to the dealer quest, but I never got the ring.

DeletedUser

Kates Wedding Ring

After a couple of tries, I realized I also had a rifle that I hadn't even considered removing...plus, I did it half an hour past the 7 PM, and all worked out fine :laugh:

The thief was very easy to beat as well...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Left-hand/fort weapon doesn't need to be removed, unless they've changed it.

DeletedUser36365

coops

The quest isn't explained that well in-game and the steps are out of order and incomplete on the WestStats... this is not a secret quest so I'm not divulging state secrets here...

Highlight the text below if you want a walk thru on the entire quest:

First part of the quest you have to be doing nothing at 7pm in-game time and have 200$ EXACTLY on you and have NO weapon.

After 7pm - click on the saloon and look for a new quest from the Sheriff.

You have 20 minutes to defeat the Thief in a duel with NO weapon. He is very easy and does very little damage, so you can try many times until you complete it if needed.

You get 1200$ and 600 XP for completing that part of the quest.

Then you need (5) Silver from Silver Mining.

After you have 5 silver you have to wait until Wednesday ... then remove your weapon and check the Saloon for the "Defeat Dealer" Quest which is pretty easy.

Note that you must keep the 5 Silver until after you Defeat the Dealer, and I don't know if it can be anytime on Wednesday (I think) or if you should just keep looking for the quest randomly during the day. (It showed up for me minutes after midnight in-game time.)

You get Kates Ring from the Dealer and can then turn in the quest to get +2 Charisma or +2 Strength - you have to choose.

i have tryed all that 200 still cant do it its a nightmare been tryinin for months i am on lev 77 still cant do it help ples

DeletedUser

I didn't read this entire thread, but here's a couple thoughts...

The server clock is military time for me, so 7:00 PM is actually 19:00 hours. Seems obvious, but it was something I totally spaced on my first attempt.

Then you have the time difference - 7:00 AM server time (which is about to happen for me) is 10:00 PM PST. That's a nine hour difference. So conversely, and again probably obvious, 19:00 PM server time will be 10:00 AM PST.

I got excited on two counts, because I thought it was about to be 7:00 PM server time AND Wednesday, as that's what day it is for me. But that's not right either because of the nine hour time difference with the server. Server time is already on Thursday.

If those variables are taken into account it seems like this should go pretty smoothly. .... I let you know next week. :)

BlackBreath

I'm not sure if people still read this thread BUT .... It MUST be after 7 p.m. SERVER time. $200 dollar in cash and NO weapons. I believe this is where most people are having trouble; the left hand weapon is not unequipped. BOTH weapons MUST be unequipped. It's not as difficult as some here have made it.