Kate's Ring (How do I get it?)

DeletedUser

I can't remember if it was this specific part of the questline, but reading and following the instructions of quest giver turned out to be helpful for me with this questline.

DeletedUser

I can't remember if it was this specific part of the questline, but reading and following the instructions of quest giver turned out to be helpful for me with this questline.

By "quest giver" you don't mean the hip new purple dot on the map, but rather, the veteran saloonite who gave you the quest. Right?

DeletedUser3543

Sheriff John Fitzburn said:
Kate's wedding band (The unknown thief.)

Sheriff John Fitzburn: I'm worried. Kate Simmons was attacked last night. She came out of the saloon with 200 dollars in her pocket when she was struck in the head from behind. When she woke up her money was gone. The worst is that the attacker also took her wedding band. That's the second time this week that someone helpless got attacked.
William Goldberger was attacked 3 days ago. He also came out of the saloon at 7 pm and got hit over the head. Just the same as with Kate, and he also had over 200 dollars in his pockets.
Sadly, we are absolutely clueless as to who did it. He didn't say a single world and no one has seen him. I've controlled all the men that walked the town at night for the last 2 days, but no one was carrying a club! I'm desperate.

Hint: You have information about the thief, so there is only one thing you can do: You have to get into the position to make the thief attack you. Try to act like Kate or William. Another ring won't help you finish this quest.

I did what it said on the tin!!!

In town, before 7.00pm, doing nothing - not even sleeping - completely unarmed, with $200, and then more than $200 in my pocket, walked into the saloon just after 7.00pm, then came out and no new quest :(

I guess the only thing left to try is to walk into the saloon at 18:59 [server time], then walk out just after 19:00 [ST] and see if that works...

DeletedUser

Sorry to pile on, but I wondering something.

I am about to do the quest. Is the hidden quest "Find Kate's ring"? I see it already, but have yet to accept it. I am waiting for 7:00 straight up.

DeletedUser

I had 0 problems with the first part.. now I just have to wait until I can graverob to finish the next parts

DeletedUser3543

Sorry to pile on, but I wondering something.

I am about to do the quest. Is the hidden quest "Find Kate's ring"? I see it already, but have yet to accept it. I am waiting for 7:00 straight up.

Yes.

But I'm guessing you need to accept the quest before 7.00pm...

DeletedUser3543

I had 0 problems with the first part.. now I just have to wait until I can graverob to finish the next parts

Were you 'in' the saloon at 7.00pm or did you go in just after 7.00pm?

Did you have $200 or $300 on you?

DeletedUser

I accepted the Ring quest just before 7:00 with no luck.

I canceled the quest within seconds after and still no quest.

I have the $200 and I am unarmed, still nothing.

DeletedUser3543

I accepted the Ring quest just before 7:00 with no luck.

I canceled the quest within seconds after and still no quest.

I have the $200 and I am unarmed, still nothing.

The same for me.

I even tried equipping a club to see if that helps - it's the only other thing mentioned....

DeletedUser

This is annoying. No new quest. just the same ol "Kate's ring" quest. It's obvious that there is something we are doing wrong.

The only other thing I can think of is to actually be in the Saloon as it turns to 7:00, but the instructions say after 7:00 PM. Now I have to wait yet another day.

DeletedUser3543

Support ticket sent.

Response will probably be that it is my browser and I need to clear my cookies!!!

DeletedUser3543

This is annoying. No new quest. just the same ol "Kate's ring" quest. It's obvious that there is something we are doing wrong.

The only other thing I can think of is to actually be in the Saloon as it turns to 7:00, but the instructions say after 7:00 PM. Now I have to wait yet another day.

I was 'in' the saloon at 18:59 doing nothing this evening, as I tried other variations yesterday to no avail, but still nothing happened when I left [at 19:00:09] and re-entered the saloon.

DeletedUser

I too realize that weststats have errors, but is this actually correct now?

"HINT: This quest will only appear if you meet the following requirements: No weapon equipped, you have 300 dollars, server time is between 19:00 and 23:50"

DeletedUser

i was sleeping,had 328$ and :Duel: moshuroshu vs. Thief On 14.01.2009 at 19:18

DeletedUser

What did this "hidden quest" look like? What was the title of the quest?

All I see is "Kate's wedding band (the unknown thief).

I had $200, unarmed and I was sleeping initially. Then, I was awake and still nothing. Then I accepted the above quest and still nothing. Then I went back to sleep and still nothing. Then canceled the quest and repeated those steps and still nothing. Then I followed the hint on weststats that said $300, so I did it awake and asleep and still nothing. Did all this within 10 minutes. Nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3543

It activated for me on World 2, but not on world 3 yet.

Also, I was sleeping in the hotel and had $200 on me - no quest.

I sold a silver bar and then had $300 on me, clicked the saloon and it appeared.

I accepted it even while sleeping.... However it would not allow me to do the duel until I had cancelled the sleep. After that no problem.

Edit :
Logged out and logged back in again on world 3 and it worked - note it must be $300 in your pocket, and you will lose this, but you do gain $1500 :D