Kate's Ring (How do I get it?)

DeletedUser

Looked practically everywhere. Also doesn't say how I get it on weststats so if anyone could help me out it would be appreciated. It's for one of the quest.

DeletedUser

But once the quest appears how do you actually complete it(get the ring)? (please:)
Thx,
Nautee

DeletedUser

The quest isn't explained that well in-game and the steps are out of order and incomplete on the WestStats... this is not a secret quest so I'm not divulging state secrets here...

Highlight the text below if you want a walk thru on the entire quest:

First part of the quest you have to be doing nothing at 7pm in-game time and have 200$ EXACTLY on you and have NO weapon.

After 7pm - click on the saloon and look for a new quest from the Sheriff.

You have 20 minutes to defeat the Thief in a duel with NO weapon. He is very easy and does very little damage, so you can try many times until you complete it if needed.

You get 1200$ and 600 XP for completing that part of the quest.

Then you need (5) Silver from Silver Mining.

After you have 5 silver you have to wait until Wednesday ... then remove your weapon and check the Saloon for the "Defeat Dealer" Quest which is pretty easy.

Note that you must keep the 5 Silver until after you Defeat the Dealer, and I don't know if it can be anytime on Wednesday (I think) or if you should just keep looking for the quest randomly during the day. (It showed up for me minutes after midnight in-game time.)

You get Kates Ring from the Dealer and can then turn in the quest to get +2 Charisma or +2 Strength - you have to choose.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Yes this walkthru is correct. I just finished that quest last night before I went to bed and luckily today is Wednesday. I did the quest right after midnight as well and it appeared for me. I had the 5 silver in my inventory and I was unarmed.

DeletedUser3543

Are the timings 'server time' - I'm assuming they are...

Also, the money on you part, is presumably in your pocket rather than in the bank???

DeletedUser

^^^ Yes = server time and yes = on your person

Make sure to read the quest info ... realize you're trying to get yourself robbed ... which is why no weapon and money on you.

DeletedUser3543

^^^ Yes = server time and yes = on your person

Make sure to read the quest info ... realize you're trying to get yourself robbed ... which is why no weapon and money on you.

I'm also assuming you need to accept the quest first, as I did it without accepting the quest and nothing happened....

DeletedUser

if your duelled at that time......that wud really hurt

You can be sleeping and then take the weapon off and start the quest and finish the duel inside of 20 seconds ... takes 10 minutes to get a duel done after a person wakes up...

MisterGadilf are you level 46 ? This is a L 46 quest ... and of course you have to accept the quest to get the duel ...

DeletedUser

isnt working for me, i can see the ring quest, but i take my weapon off with 300+ in invent and i dont get the fight the thief quest, so i banked so i had 200$ still couldnt see it

DeletedUser

Did you do it at the appropriate time in-game and then check the saloon ?

DeletedUser

I'm guessing you're doing something wrong ... re-read the first post of mine in this thread and make sure you're following all the steps correctly.

If you think you're doing it right - post a SS showing your Inventory, Saloon, and Game Clock.

If you need directions on posting a SS:

http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=11208&page=6

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

im not lvl 46 but i think you should acpet the first quest as we all did in the shaman quest to get the next step.

DeletedUser

na i did it correctly, after 1900 server time, took my weapon off, sold items in town to get 300+ cash, clicked on saloon clicked on sherif nothing came up, so i banked down to 250, tried again nothing, so i banked down to 200, tried same thing, nothing happened this was all after 19.00 server time and before 23.50

DeletedUser

Um I said 7pm game time several times ... when I did it I was ready at 6:59 PM game time and clicked on the Saloon after 7PM game time ...

Nobody said trying it after 7:20 pm game time works ... if anyone cares to contradict me and say it worked for them at 11:00 PM game time then please say something.

I know the quest says differently in-game ... but since when do you trust what it says in-game over what someone tells you they know works ?

DeletedUser3543

You can be sleeping and then take the weapon off and start the quest and finish the duel inside of 20 seconds ... takes 10 minutes to get a duel done after a person wakes up...

MisterGadilf are you level 46 ? This is a L 46 quest ... and of course you have to accept the quest to get the duel ...

Nope!!

I'm l47 now ;)

DeletedUser3543

This quest is really beginning to annoy me now.

Is there a certain day that this must be done on, or is it now not working??

I have accepted the quest, and I was in the town doing nothing - yes, ALL work was cancelled!!! - at 18.58 server time.

At 19.01 server time - with EXACTLY $200 on me and NO weapon - I went in to the saloon, expecting a new quest to appear that I could accept. Nothing.

So, I tried on World 3 as well as world 2 (Level 47 W2 and level 46 W3). I tried EXACTLY the same thing on both worlds at EXACTLY the same time, and guess what, absolutely nothing there either.....

So, the obvious question I have is : Is there a certain day that this will work on, or are there days when this won't work???

Oh, and just to check whether you need more than EXACTLY $200 I sold a few more things and ended up with $238 on W2 and $256 on W3, and still nothing.