Kate's Ring (How do I get it?)

Discussion in 'Questions & Guides' started by Stranger, Jan 4, 2009.

Share This Page

1. Elmyr

Elmyr Guest

You've never had to have cash on hand. $200+ in the bank is all you ever needed.

2. tgoddess008

tgoddess008 Guest

hey there i'm trying to finish a quest and i was just wondering, is the server time in the bottom right corner correct? mine changes the month in the date everyday but it's always the 3rd. Any idea?

3. Elmyr

Elmyr Guest

The date is European style: day/month/year, but yes, it's correct.

4. Bob OT

Bob OT Guest

I have completed both the parts that lead up to the one where you have to hand over the ring, but I never realized that when I gave the dealer the 5 silver, I never GOT the ring as a reward.

Thus I cannot complete this quest even if I meet all the requirements of money, server time and being unarmed and awake, because the GAME didn't give me the ring I need to have when I completed the giving the dealer 5 silver quest. The unknown thief never appears at 7:00pm (server time) when I am awake and unarmed with $200 because I never have the ring.

So I would say that was a bug, wouldn't you? I was supposed to get the ring when I completed the hand over 5 silver to the dealer quest, but I never got the ring.

5. MarthaJ03

MarthaJ03 Guest

Kates Wedding Ring

After a couple of tries, I realized I also had a rifle that I hadn't even considered removing...plus, I did it half an hour past the 7 PM, and all worked out fine :laugh:

The thief was very easy to beat as well...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2011
  6. Elmyr

Elmyr Guest

Left-hand/fort weapon doesn't need to be removed, unless they've changed it.

7. davidcooper

davidcooper New Member

coops

i have tryed all that 200 still cant do it its a nightmare been tryinin for months i am on lev 77 still cant do it help ples

8. asdf124

asdf124 Well-Known Member

Did you unequip dueling weapon?

You should check server time not your own local time

9. ShadowMorpheus

ShadowMorpheus Member

I didn't read this entire thread, but here's a couple thoughts...

The server clock is military time for me, so 7:00 PM is actually 19:00 hours. Seems obvious, but it was something I totally spaced on my first attempt.

Then you have the time difference - 7:00 AM server time (which is about to happen for me) is 10:00 PM PST. That's a nine hour difference. So conversely, and again probably obvious, 19:00 PM server time will be 10:00 AM PST.

I got excited on two counts, because I thought it was about to be 7:00 PM server time AND Wednesday, as that's what day it is for me. But that's not right either because of the nine hour time difference with the server. Server time is already on Thursday.

If those variables are taken into account it seems like this should go pretty smoothly. .... I let you know next week. :)