Just a thought...

DeletedUser

In my neck of the woods ( area 16, gold country), there are so many 1 or 2 members towns it is not even funny. I suggested to the smaller towns to join a confederation of 2 or 3 or the medium towns to compete with the huge huge towns that constantly attack.

The plan was for the medium towns with the most points to take the members of the small towns, and the one member towns to disband.

Seems like a good plan, but there were so many people who refuse to leave their towns cause they paid the $300 to start it. Some honestly believe that with 2 members in a closed off world they can compete with the larger towns.

I am being harsh for thinking these members are foolish? Or are they just too stubborn to realize a level 1 town will never really compete....

DeletedUser

you have pointed out a good topic which can be debated over and over again and you will never find an end to it. You've got to understand that players play The West for many different reasons. Some aim for world domination, other to duel, others to explore and adventure and some just want to have a little corner of the world which they can claim its theirs. And i think Gold Country is just full of people who want to claim their part of the world, if that makes sense?

:indian:Crag

DeletedUser

That does make sense. It is debatable forever, just like players who reach high levels, like level 25, and don't join a town. they would rather pay 4X the price for goods than be aligned with someone.....

DeletedUser

Within this game, people act... a lot like they do in the real world. Only more so, since the repercussions are confined to a bunch of harmless pixels.

And, in the real world, yes, there are different kinds of folks! :)

DeletedUser

That does make sense. It is debatable forever, just like players who reach high levels, like level 25, and don't join a town. they would rather pay 4X the price for goods than be aligned with someone.....

You can bet that most of those at higher levels that are homeless do in fact have a home. They just don't stay very long or often to avoid duels for one thing.

Diggo11

People generally regret leaving their small towns which they have deposited heaps of cash and time into. So yes most people will be reluctant to come. Although from my experiences most people look back on the jump and will agree it was for the better. You mustn't think of it as leaving your hard work behind, but rather swapping it for the latest and greatest town.

DeletedUser5046

i for one dun wanna leave mah town cuz its a gift for me. . .

it has sentimental value..and its precious...

maybe in te future one man towns will have a better value...

Diggo11

Yes I suppose their are three reasons people have towns:

Low Level
To feel like they've achieved something. They have their own little piece of land with a couple of buildings and a hotel to sleep.

Medium Level
To be part of a community, and have access to decent facilities.

High level
Basically for world domination via advanced stores, five star hotels and a Mortician.

DeletedUser

I can understand people wanting to live alone in their own town, I play this game just for fun and not to dominate hundreds of people, I have a town with 7 members, but it started as a town of my good friend and me, we wanted to have OUR fun, both of us were in other towns where basically we did not have freedom to do whatever we want, and to hell with that, I am harassed by my boss at work, other people in Real Life and I wanna enjoy and play my game how I want to and now how other people tell me too. And yes, it is interesting to grow your own little town, feel the enjoyment when your small team collect money and slowly upgrade a bank and then you feel so happy, what's the point to go to town fully upgraded and do nothing? If you have plan to crash and burn the West and be feared outlaw, sure, it is fun, but if you wanna have innocent fun and do not really care are you best or not then yeah, you should pursue that goal yourself and if it is by building your own town - why would YOU have a problem with that?

DeletedUser

Vyach, you expressed a lot of why I made my own towns in several worlds. Besides.................... WHY NOT? :)

I have a strong feeling that all towns will eventually fill up, anyway....

DeletedUser

Joining a bigger town is not all about the access to shops and guns etc.

Also it's good to feel your part of a little community, to have people conversing in the forums...to not feel alone ;)

But equally it's nice to have a town that's "Your Baby",

but if your part of a larger town (not maybe with completed towns) and you get involved, make sensible comments and generally help you will help to form that town into something you have created as a group and that is equally satisfying

DeletedUser

Vyach, you expressed a lot of why I made my own towns in several worlds. Besides.................... WHY NOT? :)

I have a strong feeling that all towns will eventually fill up, anyway....

Glad someone gets my points, cheers matey.

Also it's good to feel your part of a little community, to have people conversing in the forums...to not feel alone

This is a good point, though I am in my town with my best RL friend and my RL spouse, which is level 1 but still haha, plus some other people that joined randomly and turned out to be great mates, so yeah, this is a very good point you showed matey :)

So far we do rather good for a relatively young town, 7 good commited members plus one pretty not so commited member and descent town incomes with at least level 2 on each building, cannot complain, and it does feels good to be part of the friendly play for fun community :)