July SOTM!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Alright! To start things off, I am getting the SOTM competition back and running. I've recently had the Deputy Sheriff badge pinned to me, and they gave me the keys to this section, so lets get things rolling!

This competition will be opening on the FIRST of July, but I am putting this up early for you all to let you have chance to dust off those graphic implements! :)

(Must thank Gem for the following, copy and paste makes it a lot easier)

The competition
Create a signature! We'll have set a theme for you to take your inspiration from. If all rules are adhered to your entry will be put to a community vote. The signature with the most votes wins! Users will be encouraged to vote for the execution of the signature, the visual appeal, the colours, and the concept. This competition will be spoiled if you get your friends to vote for you, so please discourage them from doing so!
The Prize
The foundation of this competition is just to have fun. This will change in the future, but to start, just want to get people itching to win some nuggets.
(This might very well change after I talk to the gold nugget pez dispenser .. er, I mean Hellstromm :laugh:)
The Rules
  • Your signature must be no larger then 700 pixels wide by 120 pixels high.
  • Your signature must be your own work (It may have stock images/renders, but not already edited images).
  • It must be specifically for this competition.
  • It must have your user-name on it where we can read it.
  • Your signature must be of high quality, for example it must not be an image with added text.
    (We will be analyzing each signature to decide whether it can go into the vote.)
  • We reserve the right to request .PSD (or other layered formats from GIMP or Paint Shop Pro etc) files and/or source pictures if we believe your entry was not your own work.
  • It must have a strong connection to the theme.

(If I sniff out a cheater/plagiarizer, they'll be banned for one future competition at the very least. Oh, and trust me, I have a good nose for finding plagiarized material)

The Conditions of Entry
  • You are allowed to enter two signatures total.
  • You are allowed to edit and change your entries as much as you like (NOT in new posts) until the cut off period!

The Theme
July's theme is... Click here to find out!

The Time Limit
Entries must be in no later then July 15th!
Feedback
Any comments on the rules? Please PM them to me! Do not post here!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Signatures are used in the forums as a statement or image presenting an idea, your town, your character, or whatever. The one below is an example of a signature. For details on rules for use of signatures in the forum, review the instructions here --> http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?p=417097

To create a signature, your best bet is a graphics program. I use Photoshop, other commercial versions are Photoshop Elements, Corel Paint, and Painter. For a list of free graphics programs, visit this site --- > http://www.freebyte.com/graphicprograms/

DeletedUser

sotmjuly11.jpg

DeletedUser

Great Idea

We should have more of these competitions. Great Idea guys..

DeletedUser

dont want to sound like a nob (tumble) but how do u create a signiture

DeletedUser

First off, Great idea this contest. :), will surely get a lot of reactions and hopefully some fabulous creations.

Though i'm not much of a graphic design person I'll give it a go too, for the fun of it.

So second should we post the entries here or do we email or private message them somewhere?

DeletedUser

From the previous SOTMs I believe we post them here but wait for Becca to tell for sure...
Also a signature can be made by photoediting programs such as Photoshop...
An example of signature is the photo you can see under every Becca Lee's post...

DeletedUser

Alright, a signature is what you see below a post, mine has to do with lazors and CMsturdy's YouTube channel. You can add text via the "Edit signature" option in the user profile, or make one in a photo editing program, such as photoshop, gimp, or the newest version of Paint, and add it in the edit signature option..

And she is sure about it; she put together that wonderful info spread!

DeletedUser

If someone wants to make me one of these for me i will use it :) Don't have the skills to make on myself.

DeletedUser

LOL why do I have a feeling that we are seriously offtopic?:eek:hmy:

PS.Ice Hawk if you want one of these you can open a thread and ask one...but don't forget to write how do you want it...text,background,etc...

DeletedUser

The theme is announced already...read the poster from Becca Lee...

DeletedUser

From the previous SOTMs I believe we post them here but wait for Becca to tell for sure...
Also a signature can be made by photoediting programs such as Photoshop...
An example of signature is the photo you can see under every Becca Lee's post...

YEP! You can post your entries here in this thread!

DeletedUser

Ok then here are my two entries...

sotmjuly1st.jpg

sotmjuly2ndreal.jpg

Let the best win!

Status
Not open for further replies.