json data missing in result?

Discussion in 'Questions & Guides' started by moshuroshu, Nov 11, 2008.

Share This Page

1. sdjx22

sdjx22 Well-Known Member

Oh, I thought it meant the cost to STAY in the hotels was doubled, not the cost to BUILD them. Aww crap.

2. TimeWalker

TimeWalker Guest

yep it's 1000 points for level 5 now

3. Talamare

Talamare Well-Known Member

ooh personal profile!

hotel to your favor meant that if you already have a maxed hotel your towns point value shot up as well

4. TimeWalker

TimeWalker Guest

I'm sure that the programmer is not a native english speaker.. and not very good at english at that.. always spelling and grammar errors.. and non-translations in the patches

5. Timewalker if you're talking about my post with the v1.12 info - that is translated from the German forums via Google Translator into English.

6. TimeWalker

TimeWalker Guest

nope I'm talking about the patches and game info .. and translations everywhere in the game for instance.. just as an odd example

the Woolly cap is multi - spellable except they Choose the harder/less correct spelling and the wooly cap is ACTUALLY a "watch cap"

Not only that.. many of the things in the game are incorrectly named by American convention

7. Talamare

woolly cap and watch cap are practically the same thing, its also called a skull cap at times, its better then it being called a bonnet, or a tie if it was yellow

ill admit the game isnt translated perfectly, but being stiff about it is excess

8. Lincoln

Lincoln Guest

Yeah, but a) it's not an American game and b) a significant number of the inhabitants of the real West weren't Americans either.

A watchcap is a very specific kind of woolly hat, sure, but that doesn't stop it being a woolly hat. And what's 'harder' about spelling it woolly, exactly? As for 'less correct', ROFL. And possibly LMAO. And other abbreviations.

9. sdjx22

sdjx22 Well-Known Member

It's just a hat guys......

10. TimeWalker

TimeWalker Guest

#1 The game is about " THE WEST" which is an american place/time should the game being written by germans make it less accurate?

11. sdjx22

sdjx22 Well-Known Member

But you cannot expect a german developer to be able to
    1) translate perfectly into english and then
    2) ensure that it is all in 'american english'.

12. Lincoln

Lincoln Guest

Well, here's a compromise: when 'The West' takes place in 21st century USA we can use American rules for naming and spelling everything in it.

There is nothing inaccurate about using English spelling or terms in this period of North American history, and there is nothing inaccurate about using German (or Norwegian, or Swedish, or Spanish, or... you name it, really) in this period of settlement. If you think differently, I suggest you do some reading.

Edit: in case it's really important to you, I looked up 'watch cap'. It doesn't exist in reference before 1911. There were 8 editions of Webster's Dictionary before that that it could have appeared in if it was the One True Western Name for the thing... which I guess means it wasn't.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2008
  13. MarkFive

MarkFive Guest

or those who are complaining can learn German and then work for the developers translating.

14. sdjx22

sdjx22 Well-Known Member

The best suggestion so far!

15. Lincoln

Lincoln Guest

*speaks German and is an editor* I'd love to help out but apparently email does not get read...

16. TimeWalker

TimeWalker Guest

Maybe I would suggest YOU do some reading I'm not saying that there wasn't cultural areas/sects which used their native languages But they were sects/areas/SUB-cultures the predominate people of the "the west" were naturalized English(British), Irish , german, Chinese, and Africans , and of course the Indians .

And YES I have books here that I can/could prove my statements from..

17. Talamare

Photocopy them

Or else your arguements are lost

18. TimeWalker

TimeWalker Guest

What would you like photo coppied? and how are you going to pay me to photocopy them? and where would you like the info sent? and dont even think of saying copy the whole book it's 608 pages.. and I'll even give you the library of congress # ( there was no isbn when this book was printed) if you so want it!

19. Talamare

Hmm, sorry I should have said

Scan them using a digital scanner and upload the pages of proof
    and No I wont pay you ^_~

20. TimeWalker

TimeWalker Guest

oh cool your buying me a scanner! and I make 16$ an hour at work.. so your paying me for my time right? 1 page a minute lets just give a generous 16 hours due to having to name save and email all the pages.. please send me 256$ and a scanner I'll start scanning the book!