Job progress bar - Have your say!

Which option do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser27845

Not that this simple thing would be taking out time from the devs working on existing and new features, just a simple graphic that's all.

How can it NOT take time from someone ? Some strange dev. / graphic. have used time to make this. And it can no matter what, have no use at the moment in its current state. So all in all, someone used time, that he/she could have used other places.

DeletedUser30224

Ok before we get too sidetracked here, the bar is a simple graphic they plan to add to the game. Not that this simple thing would be taking out time from the devs working on existing and new features, just a simple graphic that's all.

I realize it may seem like a useless graphic now but this could possibly replace the timer we currently have, at a later stage of course. And not to mention have some sort or more detailed graphic that indicates the time left on a specific job.

In your first paragraph you sound like we have no choice in the matter if it gets implemented or not, but we can influence the way it is implemented.

Regarding your second paragraph, we already have all the info in full details about all our character activities.

I think what majority of players is saying, including me, is that if it is an option to leave the matter alone, we'd like it so.

DeletedUser1121

I personally like the timer the best. Especially now jobs have various job times. I mean, if it shows the job is 80% done, that could be a world of difference between a 30 minute job or a 2 hour one.

DeletedUser

I didn't see the point when I saw it on Beta. You can see your progress easily enough in the "task bar" or w/e we call it now in the lower right corner.

DeletedUser

Most people prefer the absoluteness of time (time left, time spent, etc) and not a percentage:

"What time is it?" "It's 57% to the next hour"
"How much longer is this train journey?" "We're 68% of the way there"
"How long is my flight delayed?" "Currently by 23%"

Most people won't be interested in knowing that they have 37% of 5 minutes completed (or left) on the job. They'll log off and come back later. But tell them they've got (or finished) 1 minute and 51 seconds, then they understand that intrinsically.

DeletedUser

And I care more about the completion time of everything I have queued than the current job. I still prefer the bottom right, but if I was going to have a progress bar, the % of all consecutive times I have one job queued would be more significant.

DeletedUser

How can it NOT take time from someone ? Some strange dev. / graphic. have used time to make this. And it can no matter what, have no use at the moment in its current state. So all in all, someone used time, that he/she could have used other places.

Yeah, other places like finally fixing fort battle chat for example so it shows who is ranked. How much longer is it gonna take to fix that?? It can't be much more complicated than .....ehm designing a useless progress bar in two varieties?

DeletedUser

Yeah, other places like finally fixing fort battle chat for example so it shows who is ranked. How much longer is it gonna take to fix that?? It can't be much more complicated than .....ehm designing a useless progress bar in two varieties?

The progress bar is already in game on beta, so voting for it will not have an effect on development of other things.

DeletedUser22685

I realize it may seem like a useless graphic now but this could possibly replace the timer we currently have, at a later stage of course. And not to mention have some sort or more detailed graphic that indicates the time left on a specific job.

Then we'd actually have to be able to see our job site on our screen in order to see how much time it has left. It wouldn't bother me if we had a bar that showed time left rather than percentage complete, like the timer that used to appear above the old job circles before 2.0, as long as it's still in our task bar as well.

DeletedUser

The 15 second job will be finished, before the progress bar starts loading ... :-D

DeletedUser

The progress bar is already in game on beta, so voting for it will not have an effect on development of other things.

Yup, it says the time left now. So we can either look at the bar or at bottom right corner. Yay! The joy in multiplicity of choices.

DeletedUser

Make this option available with one condition:
The user can select one of the following :
1) no progress bar
2) normal bar
3) cylindrical bar
Thats it.

DeletedUser

Make this option available with one condition:
The user can select one of the following :
1) no progress bar
2) normal bar
3) cylindrical bar
Thats it.

Yeah, those are the options. Why exactly are you posting them when anybody can see them on the top of the page?

DeletedUser34315

I think he's saying, make it so the player can disable or enable the timer as they please.

DeletedUser

Ahh, that makes more sense. Still, with over 70% saying no progress bar...

DeletedUser

I think this poll doesn't make sense since it's already been confirmed as a feature on 2.03, due to "the community will" - that is, due to the 30% that didn't vote against it.

DeletedUser30224

as long as we can disable such features, they can shower us with them daily.

Deleted User - 1278415

I would rather see a dog and pony show than adding this new feature like this. This feature will probably tax the server down the road and then we will have to have it yanked.

When I ran I&B we had people asking for the job activity icon to actually represent the task that you were actually working on. Digging, hunting, robbing but it got nixed by higher ups because it would require more animation graphic frames and we were told that would overtax the servers.

I would say if they are going to add it to the game then they are going to add it and they really don't need our say of opinion on it anymore.

Rework the job structure is more important than telling me what I already know since I scheduled it.

Status
Not open for further replies.