job problems!

DeletedUser

well its not so much jobs, but how the energy associated with jobs is used.

energy.jpg
in fact my energy bar seems to be doing this a lot... it is not so much that it becomes empty....

it is just that the energy needed for a job is taken at the moment you select the "okay" on any job selection.... this also happens with your money when you select the option to sleep... even if it is the 2nd action queued to go... so really if you select the job.... you lose the energy necessary to complete the job even if you decide you don't want to do this job.

also, this means you lose your energy before even starting it... has it been said if the devs are working on this to give some kind of "energy reserve"? something so that you gradually lose your energy, or you lose your energy after arriving at the job and begin working... so that if you decide otherwise, you won't have wasted you energy....

edit:it is not so much a problem for me selecting wrong jobs... it is really because it seems a little weird... like you are selling your soul to the devil... you lose your energy as if you signed a supernatural contract that takes effect immediately...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Umm if you cancel the job you get the energy back. I don't understand how this is a problem. It just keeps track of how much energy you have left should you finish the jobs you currently have cued. Same with cash. It keeps track of the cash you have on hand after deducting for things you have cued to pay for (like sleeping in a hotel). You get your money back if you cancel sleep before you enter the hotel.

DeletedUser

.... hmm i thought you did not get it back, well if this is true... then there really isn't need for much adjustment... i didn't realize you got your energy back... maybe it is a bug that the bar doesn't replenish immediately... like with experience, i usually have to open the skill tab, or character tab... i guess i don't really cancel jobs much

i rest my case on the instant relief of energy though... i just don't think it should suddenly disappear like that, instantly at least... but now that i know you get it back... i can stand the instant relief of the energy...

much thanks!

DeletedUser3773

If you cancel a job you should get some energy back:

If you do a 2hr job for 0-9 min and cancel you will get all energy back

If you do a 2hr job for 10-29 min and cancel you will get 22 points back and get a report for 10 min of work

If you do a 2hr job for 30-59 min and cancel you will get 18 points back and a report for 30 min of work

If you do a 2hr job for 1hr-1hr 59min and cancel you will get 12 points back and a report for 1 hour of work

And I believe if you cancel a hotel stay with in a couple mins of entering you also get money back (not totally sure since i don't try)

DeletedUser

thanks bobby!

this answers a question i didn't need answered but one i really wanted answered... but let me make sure:

if i cancel a job early enough to get a report, i have the same chances of receiving a product/item, i would if i just did that job for the specified amount of time and didn't quit... correct?

DeletedUser

Canceling work

abort.png
It is always possible to cancel the work you are doing right now or jobs you have queued to be done later on. Just click on the X next to the job. You still receive wages and experience for the job, the amount is calculated from the last finished work segment. If you cancel after working 40 minutes, you'll receive payment and experience for 30 minutes. If you cancel after 115 minutes, 60 minutes are used for calculation. If you cancel a job assignment while walking to the job site, you instantly jump back to the beginning point of your journey. If you have the 'Automation' Premium account and you cancel the 2nd job in your queue, your character walks straight to the 3rd job you had selected when he's done with the last job.

http://en4.the-west.net/help.php?article=work

DeletedUser

if i cancel a job early enough to get a report, i have the same chances of receiving a product/item, i would if i just did that job for the specified amount of time and didn't quit... correct?

No. If the percentage of finding a product (tobacco, sugar, etc) is 100% and you cancel the job after 10 minutes you only have a 33% chance of finding that product. The percentages are based on 1/2 hour increments. Consequently, if the percentage is 15% to find a product and you work the job for 2 hours the chances do not rise to 60%. You have a 15% every 30 minutes to find that product.

DeletedUser

No. If the percentage of finding a product (tobacco, sugar, etc) is 100% and you cancel the job after 10 minutes you only have a 33% chance of finding that product. The percentages are based on 1/2 hour increments. Consequently, if the percentage is 15% to find a product and you work the job for 2 hours the chances do not rise to 60%. You have a 15% every 30 minutes to find that product.

i know this much... but if i cancel after working a half hour, is it the same as just working a 30 min job?

oh and elmyr... thanks, but i knew that much... read it early on when i started the game.... i think i may have forgot the last finished work segment part....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

sorry... i had it on this thread, and forgot to refresh, so i made my reply before i saw your posts were even up there...