JC's Guide to Briscoe's Alliances

DeletedUser

West-hugs

This thread is defunct imo, all the fort owning towns are allied to each other, there are no clear lines of demarcation at all! :unsure:

Example 1:
The Green Berets

Forts owned or shared: (approximately) 33

Shared with:

Ok Corral
FoD
Federals
Chromosphere
Coronado
The Abyss
BoB
Eagle Mountain
Tombstone
Bandits
Black/Blue Berets
Silverado
Talonia
Mount Olympus
SKY
AP
Die Hard
Myriad
Black Ruby

For some inexplicable reason GB have yet to share a fort with Dragonia, Reapers Ranch, Sweeer, The Town or Gauchos Locos afaik. But with that list plus those five, you have 99% of the fort owning towns. All those towns share the forts willy-nilly with each other.

Example 2:
The Abyss

Forts owned or shared: (approximately) 20

Shared with:

Bandits
Green Berets
Chromosphere
Coronado
OK Corral
Mount Olympus
Tombstone
Dragonia
Black/Blue Berets
Talonia
Corleone
AP
SKY

I could go on all day but you get the idea :)

Now nearly all fort owning towns maintain that there is no problem with fortfighting in Briscoe (enlightened self-interest :hmf: ), but a look at the battles section of Westforts.com tells the true story.

Only 2 battles in November went beyond 37 rounds, out of 79!

Only 9 battles went beyond 30 rounds, out of 79!!

An amazing 54 battles didn't go beyond 15 rounds, out of 79!!!

As I've stated before, some blame for this must be apportioned to small towns digging the hatchet when they have no chance at all of winning, but a large part of the responsibility lies with the leaders of the fort-owning towns to get off their asses and fix this, someway somehow

After all, where's the xp and fun in crappy fort battles? Seems forts only purpose in Briscoe are as deluxe hotels and in wasting everyones time. :no:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Probably a tradition sent down by me in Briscoe lol the only difference is we had a defined alliance and we took forts from the towns that had no chance (they thought they did at least)

DeletedUser16008

Aye in general fort battles on Brisco suck big time... not because said groups dominate but all major towns play on the same side ... watch the world fade n die ..:tumble:

DeletedUser

It would be nice to pick 3 or 4 Alliance leadership towns and then we all take turns picking the towns we want on our side. Kind of like picking players on the playground.

The fort battles here are terrible and too many neutral towns that just want to float and not pick a side.

DeletedUser

If the Liberation alliance and the eastern alliance could start a world war and have all the smaller alliance join up and choose a side that could be fun. or have the smaller alliances merge and have a 3 party system.

Gb is in the process of leaving some of the many fort we have been invited too.

DeletedUser

This is good news Zobel :D, it'll take one of the large fort owning towns to make a difference and I'm glad to see GB taking the initiative.

If the Liberation alliance and the eastern alliance could start a world war and have all the smaller alliance join up and choose a side that could be fun. or have the smaller alliances merge and have a 3 party system.

Liberation have 13 exclusively Liberation member forts, they share a good many more with GB,OK and a few others, but on their own they can't direct the future of the world.

Eastern Territories Alliance contain the Coronado towns, if there's to be a line drawn in the sand on Briscoe they'll have a big say in it. I think they are in @ 26 forts atm. Add on forts containing Tombstone that aren't shared with Coronado = @45.

And on the other side of that line would have to be GB, OK and Abyss. But I know y'all are friends with Coronado, it says so on your town page and the good many forts you both share.

I don't know what small alliances you're talking about. BP are gone. I joined SKY a while back and on a good day we can get maybe 70 out but with probably half the hp and experience of the bigger towns. SKY is a cross between the personal fiefdom of GG Byron and a training alliance. :p

DeletedUser23000

The Abyss

Forts owned or shared: (approximately) 20

Shared with:

Bandits
Green Berets
Chromosphere
Coronado
OK Corral
Mount Olympus
Tombstone
Dragonia
Black/Blue Berets
Talonia
Corleone
AP
SKY

We are not allied with all of these towns. We simply do not kick out towns unless they do something to provoke us, nor do we drop out of forts to which we have been invited. Forts which we are not the primary owner of, may or may not be defended by us, depending on the relationship we have with the owning town. So the numbers for our town may seem like a huge and all encompassing alliance, but in reality, it is not quite as daunting as you make it appear.

DeletedUser

Johnny the liberation has no desire to control anything. We want some good battles!!!! It is with that in mind that we have started working with GB and OK Corral to sort out the alliances and get some clear lines drawn in the sand(so to speak). Looks like we will have something worked out next week and be ready to roll out a new plan.

DeletedUser

Nikmis, I'm not trying to make you (or anyone) out as bad guys and there's nothing wrong with owning lots of forts. Maybe everybody's too nice :D cos after all, for good fortfights there must be enemies! (in a nice way :laugh: ) I just took GB and the Abyss as random examples, I could just as easily have used Coronado or Tombstone or BoB or any one of another half dozen towns. My point being that if your towns could find it in your hearts :p to cull one or two towns from your allies lists we can all have better fortfights! :D

Capt. Canoe brings more good news, plans are afoot, we await them in eager anticipation! :eek:

DeletedUser

I believe that Johnny Cobb makes a good point. Lately most battles are realy not fought at all. This has made a lot of players unintrested in them and some to the whole game or world.

I do understand that this is in part due to lack of planing or ability to raise numbers as it has been said, but also due to the fact that the co-ownership thing especialy with GB has gotten out of hand.

That is not the fault of GB or other towns / alliances but it is a fact.

DeletedUser23000

But my point is that we are not allied with all of those towns that we share forts with. We actually only have a small number of allies on this world because people switch loyalty at the drop of a hat. I think THAT is part of the real problem on this world. I find it hard to become allies with a town when their loyalty is subject to the next time we have a full moon. Our town has been loyal to the alliances we started when the world began, most of the allies that were dropped were due to town disbanding, or the change of leadership in that town.

So, you might get your wish, because this behavior is really going to end up killing this world in my opinion. Feel free to send me a message in game if you want to discuss it further, because I am not very active on this forum.

Nikmis

DeletedUser

Well guys, the talks went on...
and 2 major alliances were announced who would fight each other in a world war, heres how the alliance list goes..

West Alliance

Fil of Dynamite
Federals
The OK Corral
Die Hard
CROTOWN
Sweeer
Fil of C4
AP-Dust Devils
Gauchos Locos
Phoenix Graves
Black Stump
SKY Towns too

East Alliance

Coronado Family towns
Silverado
Tombstone
BP Towns

And the others will have to chose a side between those two.
Thats all i got for today folks, i will keep you guys informed :D

DeletedUser

Green Berets are with the East Alliance as are The Abyss (i think :unsure: ), the 'West' Alliance contains all Liberation towns.

DeletedUser23000

"And the others will have to chose a side between those two. "
"Green Berets are with the East Alliance as are The Abyss"

You are both incorrect. The Abyss is not on either side of the alliance. We were not invited to any meetings, nor was our input considered when you all decided that the world was yours to split up and decide who was going to be allied with who. After all, why would some little town like ours be of any interest to be involved in anything such as that, not like we are one of the top ten towns or anything.

All of your talk of preventing multi's is kind of down the drain, since there is now an attack on 2 of our forts at 8:41 and 8:47 tomorrow. Seems funny that this whole East/West alliance was supposed to prevent this type of thing from happening, but yet, here we go again.

So, I am happy that you guys made this world fun for everyone, as long as they follow your plans and ideas on how to make it fun. I personally enjoy fighting 2 battles within 6 minutes of each other [insert sarcasm here]. Because certainly, artificially splitting folks up is probably much more fun than having loyal allies or anything of that sort.

Sorry, but this whole thing leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Nikmis

DeletedUser

Let's artificially create two alliances whose members don't necessarily have previous diplomatic ties. Let's artificially create rules that we know will be broken immediately. Let's squeeze this world into a lifeless mold that we just artificially created.

I'm sorry, but when I first heard about all this I wanted to laugh. Now that it has happened I want to puke.

DeletedUser

Agreed Nikmis but the major towns are trying to do something about it.

Abyss has remained neutral and isolated at your own requests, so you cant really complain about not being heard now can you ?

Some dictatorship definitely going on here, hopefully some good comes from it, but i will say again AT LEAST THEY ARE DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT.

DeletedUser23000

That is simply not true. We just chose NOT to join an alliance where the leaders of other towns were trying to dictate how we were going to run our town. Which seems to be the way you want the world to run.

DeletedUser25963

That is simply not true. We just chose NOT to join an alliance where the leaders of other towns were trying to dictate how we were going to run our town. Which seems to be the way you want the world to run.

2nd.

We just love to kill everyone, and we hate politic!
Cheers to Nikmis and Byron