Jacob--Has ANYONE beat him yet?

DeletedUser

i am a melee dueling guy, and i have fancy shirt in transporting ammo

DeletedUser

Err.. Fancy Dress Coat is for melee.. I think you're referring to Fancy Coat (the one that gives shooting)

Fancy Dress Coat is better for Melee IMO because it gives Aim, Reflex, Vigor, and Trading, not to mention the aditional AP's it gives.. :)

DeletedUser11353

fancy shirt also gives vigor bonus, i guess he can`t afford dress coat:
+1 Charisma
+6 Vigor
+7 Horseback riding
+7 Shooting
+10 Appearance

DeletedUser

Yup.. I know it does have Vigor.. That was what I was using in my W7 Soldier before I got Fancy Dress Coat.. It is waay better, just more expensive.. XD

DeletedUser

Honestly, It took me about 7 tries to beat him having 0 duel skills. The best thing to do, get the best defence that you can, and go after him a couple times, see where hes aiming at, and dodge. Chance up where your aiming too, to see which way he dodges.

DeletedUser14189

Well I've beaten him with ease...now the problem is that Mugridge guy...I've been dueling him 4 times...and I got KO'd 3..

Same problem here, would he be Meelee or Firearm?

I didnt pass out, but it was close, I can hit him tho, so I guess I'll have to work on dodging..

DeletedUser12669

jacob was easy if i remember i only lost 23 health points. mugridge was tough it took nearly a month and when i did beat him it was by 3 health points :blink:

DeletedUser14189

Well I left my town now gonna try 1hp duelling on him :p

I boosted my dodging skills and together with high appearance, and aim it should do the trick, just hope he doesnt hit me.

DeletedUser

jacob was easy if i remember i only lost 23 health points. mugridge was tough it took nearly a month and when i did beat him it was by 3 health points :blink:

Yea. Jacob I hit 900 on since im pure shooter, and got hit like 80. Mudridge K0ed my low hp since I thought Id kill him before he could kill me. I guess im lucky Im pure shooting.

DeletedUser

How could Santafreakinclaus beat those 2 with stats like that? :blink:
Easy. Appearance and dodge, plus choosing the correct stance.
I'm betting he took a few attempts too, there is no limit to how many tries you get at it you know;)

DeletedUser

Easy. Appearance and dodge, plus choosing the correct stance.
I'm betting he took a few attempts too, there is no limit to how many tries you get at it you know;)

I beat both Mugridge and Jacob on my 2nd try. I looked at my equipment and point distribution and had to make some decisions. I did not wear my "best" dueling gear - I wore the best gear I hard for the fight at hand.

I know a lot of players try to KO Mugridge, but I can't do that much damage. My only viable option would be to mitigate Mugridge's damage. I added +12 dodging (over the Jacob fight) and he never hit me. Some may not consider winning 10 to 0 may as l33t, but I am pleased with it.

DeletedUser

Same problem here, would he be Meelee or Firearm?

I am wondering the same thing, I have decent dueler stats and he has koed me 5 times from 550 hp x.x

Not Jacob, I beat him on my first try... Mugridge is giving me problems and I have respecced all my un-needed stats into dodging.

Over 400 tries with 1 hp. 35 dodging, 32 appearance and he hits me every time. Yes I watch and have my duel stance set correctly. Till this....

Kingslinger
Level 40
Dueling level 40
Challenger
trapper_small.png
Duel location

mugridge.png
Mugridge
No hit

Strike: Right arm
- 56 HP No hit

No hit No hit

No hit No hit

No hit No hit

No hit No hit

No hit No hit

No hit No hit

No hit No hit

Total health points
- 56 HP Kingslinger wins the duel. Mugridge did not carry any cash and Kingslinger walks away without taking any money.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I don't know why everyone is so surprised by Santafreakinclaus's win. I chose to duel Mugridge with my pure hider on w4 (instead of the obvious second choice) and had absolutely no problem with him, due entirely to reflex and hiding from mobility and being well equipped. I was much higher than he was though, since I didn't do the respeccing required to get past the trading with Indians roadblock until I got the full gentleman's set in my 50s.

DeletedUser11353

Elmyr;315688I said:
chose to duel Mugridge with my pure hider on w4 (instead of the obvious second choice) and had absolutely no problem with him, due entirely to reflex and hiding from mobility and being well equipped.
Hiding? Don`t you think dodging is the right skill?