Jacob--Has ANYONE beat him yet?

DeletedUser

How do I get the Mudgridge duel?

I beat Jacob yesterday and it won't show up to duel Mudgridge.

DeletedUser

After beating Jacob, Mugridge is the next quest NPC. You give the treasure to him and he runs. For the next quest, the NPC is the Sheriff, and you have to choose between the three options before going to Mugridge to complete the chosen quest. There shouldn't be a new level requirement after the level 35 quest to get the whip.

DeletedUser

duel.jpg

the lvl is only because i was unable to trade with indian
i used a whip

DeletedUser

Wooooooow!!

WOW!! that's some freekin' damage you did there!! bravo!!

DeletedUser

wow... at level 37 i beat all three, first one, with a fire stone, then a muzzle loader, then a muzzle loader again, never lost

DeletedUser

im starting this part of quest in morning any advice would be welcome.
im a lvl35 shooter trapper using precise muzzleloader,so far i havent changed my dueling at all (duel record 0-0) and ive beat every cpu ive faced.
should i wait and lvl up higher?
the best decision to follow?
im homeless so should i be near to good town or join one first? ive been told i cant lose my money is why i ask.

DeletedUser

If you get KO'd by an NPC you lose any money you have on you.

I ducked in each round and aimed for hands and shoulders. That seemed to work well for me. I did it at lvl 40 but I'm geared for offensive dueling more than for jobs.

DeletedUser

cool, thanks
im almost broke so cant lose much to try first, then if not ill join up with town.
ive set myself up with minimum amount of skills job related and all the rest in shooting,aim ill check my dueling and set it up as you said thanks

i only need 100ep more for it to open

DeletedUser13176

I ducked every time but he still got three head shots in.

How is that possible?

DeletedUser

His aim and/or tactics are higher than you dodge and/or appearance

DeletedUser

-400 -413

anhlong1122 wins the duel. Mugridge did not carry any cash and anhlong1122 walks away without taking any money.
ye
Mugridge weapon is weird, his head shot and hand shot did the same thing -143

DeletedUser

I have changed my dueling configuration against Jacob and I have lost all 10 duels!