Jacob--Has ANYONE beat him yet?

DeletedUser

It's easy, I think the guy who offers you the quest, tells you not to aim for his head, the default setting for duals is always at the head, simply change the settings.

and duck he always aims for head, again default setting is to just stand upright and not dodge anything.

Those are the default settings, but how many people reach Jacob without ever changing them? Probably rather few. ;)

DeletedUser

Got 450 damage first time from Jacob and I hit him only one time(75).Then I changed my dodging and shot him into the head, won 348-68 and he hit me only one time.
So its all about changing your aim and dodging after the first duel...

DeletedUser

Well I've beaten him with ease...now the problem is that Mugridge guy...I've been dueling him 4 times...and I got KO'd 3..

DeletedUser

When I used melee weapons, old Jacob beta me fair and square. I changed to fire-arm duelling, and beat him then. Appears to me that his toughness is better than his reflexes for the times that you do hit him. When I beat him, I did not aim for his head either...

DeletedUser

For me, problem was beating scoundrel that guards treasure.
Once i got past him (only thing i needed was precise revolver no1 :D),
i beat Jacob and Mugridge in first fight.
Mugridge has only 500HP and i was able to KO him.

in all fights, i used "make more damage then him" tactic. all fights finished about 500HP vs 350HP.

DeletedUser

Jacob was not a problem..
Just one duel and I won!!..400 vs 133..
But that Mugridge guy is the problem!
Phew!!..That guy really have good weapons!!...Difficult to beat him!!..

DeletedUser

Jacob always shoots at shoulder and head. So if you duck down in every round, he can't hurt you!

Offtopic:

Does anybody know what is after reacheing level 49? i have no new quests. I checked the weststat.com and no other quests are listed. End of the game or what???

DeletedUser

Jacob always shoots at shoulder and head. So if you duck down in every round, he can't hurt you!

Offtopic:

Does anybody know what is after reacheing level 49? i have no new quests. I checked the weststat.com and no other quests are listed. End of the game or what???

when you have low dodging, ofcourse he can hurt you. a lot!

DeletedUser

I think you guys are nuts. I just fought him, using the adventurer whip. He hit me 4 times doing over 100 damage each time. I hit him once doing 19 damage. That is such a large leap, it's like 30-40 levels higher than I'm at if it was a fair fight. Chances are he's going to hit me at least once and chances are I'm not going to hit him more than 4 times. That still leaves him beating me hands down every time...

Codeguru

PS- Also, what's his problem? He took the friggn treasure from me already, THEN accuses me of stealing it after I find it for him? And he offered to help you in the first place? Friggn weirdo.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I think you guys are nuts. I just fought him, using the adventurer whip. He hit me 4 times doing over 100 damage each time. I hit him once doing 19 damage. That is such a large leap, it's like 30-40 levels higher than I'm at if it was a fair fight. Chances are he's going to hit me at least once and chances are I'm not going to hit him more than 4 times. That still leaves him beating me hands down every time...

Codeguru

Codeguru, i had exactly same situation. My dodging was around 5.
Then i bought some items for dodging and raised it to about 25 and reached level 53 so i could use precise revolver no1. I was still getting hit for 300-400 damage but difference was i hit him for 500dmg.

I guess it all depends how you build your character. Friend of mine was able to dodge him completely so it took him only one 20 dmg hit to beat him.

Hope it helps you to choose right tactic.

DeletedUser

a few people are lying,but not people who give proof

like duel reports or pictures,links or the duel converter by Cragsterboy

DeletedUser

3402109437_2ff23806d3.jpg

My only dueling adventurer. I have a trapper/shooter that hasn't gotten around to him yet, but I think he'll manage.

DeletedUser

With a duel level 1 above character level my guess is you don't do that much duelling with him despite his spec. I think even my workers are ahead of that just from defending themselves :D

DeletedUser

I just started dueling after a lot of leveling, shortly after beating Mugridge. I'm now 10-1 with a +6 duel level.

DeletedUser

I am abt to be rested up enough from this war we in to go after jacob in the next 2 days and from what I am seeing basically you should duck all the way through it cause he seems to aim at the soulders and aim at his hands.

is that correct?

DeletedUser

Thanks for the tip anhlong.. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I easily defeated the 2 scoundrels.. But the 3rd one defeated me..
When I changed Stance, he also changed stance, and KO'ed me:mad:

Btw, Im level 35.. You think I should just levelup and buy better gear first?