It`s this the END?

• Thread starter DeletedUser33797
  • Start date

DeletedUser25802

INNO should just merge all worlds into one, if you're on multiple worlds you choose which one to keep and all the others inventories are merged together so you dont lose any items.

DeletedUser34546

I'm not sure about just 1 world; but i'd love to see a more active world again. I stopped duelling partly out of boredom, I had so few targets; and most of them I had got to know quite well - so felt bad about duelling them :)

I'd like the chance to migrate from a full prem world to a less-premium world. Any SP/AP bought with nuggets could be refunded to make it "fair" ?

As for ideas that will never happen..

A retro world. The last west 1.0 release :)

To reduce tombola imbalance, another update to the clothing in the shop - which allow people to get items as nearly as good from there. (I think we lost a lot of free-to-play players once the tombola sets were much more powerful than the shop items.)

DeletedUser15368

A retro world. The last west 1.0 release
The problem with a Classic West server would be that everyone would play on that, and the tombola money would dry up. And tombola money > a fun game.

DeletedUser34546

I dont object to tombola's per-se. But the gap needs to much smaller with non-tombola items. E.g. release new shop items, and tombola items with a minor edge at the same time. That could be on 1.0 or 2.0. The original tombola I think was on 1.0 with natty gear etc.

DeletedUser35256

IMO, I don't feel that the frequent tombolas are necessarily a problem. In fact, as far as myself personally, they are much of the excitement that still remains for me to look forward to in the game. Now, certain changes that have been implemented, especially like the one to thwart 0 moti dueling, definitely ended the interest of the game for many. That seems to be overlooked I've found quite often in discussions, but many players quit after that. The upgrades are a bit of a sour deal. Initially it seemed cool, but players who are more thrifty in their spending, find it highly disheartening to search for a particular item for ages with no fortune, and then witness someone with a level 3 upgrade of the item they desire. That means that person used 27 of that item for that upgrade, when the seeker cannot find just one. It also affects dueling, when a person with less resources just cannot compete with a player all decked out in upgraded gear.

On the FB West page, I suggested that a downgrade feature be implemented. With a certain penalty of some kind, consisting of a number of bonds, or nuggets perhaps, you could downgrade the upgraded gear, even if you only received less pieces of the item back. Im sure Im not the only one who has upgraded gear and regretted it. For one, it would help saturate the worlds with more pieces of sets, without having to wait for Xmas or new gear in tombolas. I'm not holding my breath for that to happen, but just thought I'd chunk it out there.

As far as consolidating worlds, when I first started, there were 13 worlds, if I recall correctly, and there were still many active players. I think the decrease in activity has more to do with changes that have been made in the last couple of years. I still enjoy it, because other than excelling in dueling and forting, I've always been a quest addict...lol. But, rather than gathering the opinions of players in-game before implementing certain changes, I feel that decisions are made based solely off the opinions or votes on the forum, and there are many players who do not frequent the forum. I'm a daily player for over 6 years now, and this is the first time I've visited this forum in probably a couple years...lol. I may be wrong about assuming that, regarding decisions that have been made. To my knowledge, they could have been decided without any research at all...lol.

On the other hand, I really would rather not go back to the classic game. I quite enjoy wearing pants myself :p

DeletedUser15368

I dont object to tombola's per-se. But the gap needs to much smaller with non-tombola items. E.g. release new shop items, and tombola items with a minor edge at the same time.
This was the idea at first. Natty set was just about stronger than any shop clothes, but not by a terribly significant number (in fact I believe there were certain combinations of shop clothing that were stronger than Natty's back in the day). Of course the forward-looking among us would have realised then, that the slow but steady power creep of tombola we see today was only inevitable, there are no uses for 99% of all shop items now. You either have the latest tombola sets, or you can't compete with other players in the game.

And the corollary to that is "no tombola money equals no West game at all"
Perhaps the fact that the only content actually developed for the game in 2016 were tombolas, might have something to do with that.

IMO, I don't feel that the frequent tombolas are necessarily a problem.
You've been playing since, at least, 2013 and you don't see tombola after tombola after tombola as an issue? I think probably about half of all the players I've known from those days have quit citing tombolas as the reason.

they are much of the excitement that still remains for me to look forward to in the game.
See above reply to MFRavenhawk.

especially like the one to thwart 0 moti dueling
Yes, duelling is dead in the west now... At high levels, you usually have an average of zero players you can duel within 2 hours, zero mot duelling was the only way to actually enjoy duelling and ever since the option was removed, all the duellers have disappeared.

On the other hand, I really would rather not go back to the classic game. I quite enjoy wearing pants myself :p
That's why we just want one Classic West server, you can keep the tombolafest if you wish ;)

DeletedUser34546

You had pants in the west 1.0. Not originally - but the last 1.x release certainly had them.

MFRavenhawk

Perhaps the fact that the only content actually developed for the game in 2016 were tombolas, might have something to do with that.

This is a point I agree with. Failing to improve the town store upgrade options, failing to limit the upgrades available on tombola items, and generally failing to introduce new gear to the masses (especially since not even the basic tombola sets are free anymore) does demonstrate that the game is surviving purely on nugget purchases, rather than maintaining a possible balance for the free players.

Flip side to this though is the fact that the tombolas had created an expectation of ever-improving gear each event, but between the fact that the gear is now harder than ever to get (tons of ties and hats on free spins is to be expected, but getting nothing but chests or buffs that you can buy in the UP Shop wastes the time of even the most ardent nugget munchers) and the winning prize sets are actually getting weaker, not as many folks are spending on them anymore (even counting for the loss of players thru quitting or migrations).

A balance needs to be found somehow, some way...a way to keep sufficient funding coming in with new gear that you have to pay for (needed to support the game development) but also adequate gear, and perhaps some changes to the upgrade options, for the free players to compete fairly...but still not have the automatic loss they face when dealing with those who pay, but deserve a bonus for their financial support.

asdf124

This is a point I agree with. Failing to improve the town store upgrade options, failing to limit the upgrades available on tombola items, and generally failing to introduce new gear to the masses (especially since not even the basic tombola sets are free anymore)

Until octoberfest, tambolas were free.

A survey before someone leaves or quit this game should be added a long time ago. Since no such thing exists, we are only speculating what are the actual reasons are.

1Big Chief

I've said it before... Toon born & dies in World 1 & I move on... all other worlds are deleted.
Right now INNO is killing the game on their own

I gave many tips for better game play

1. DUELS.. I proposed a Duel Showdown.. https://forum.the-west.net/index.php?threads/the-duel-showdown.52458/
It wouldn't affect the sacred FF's
Submitted Duel Showdown by Rebow, Apr 6, 2013. <<< Been a While .. Sent but Inno Forgotten ?
Adventures game play didn't come near to as much fun as dueling.. fact.. its dead already

2. FORT FIGHTS - FF Attendance .. anyone at a Fort... standing there.. before or after a FF .. can't be dueled
This way players won't need to worry.. having sent offline players to a FF & survived.. can't be dueled.. especially if they have a massive bounty on their head.. and a cheap thief wants to claim it
The same for the player that helped a FF as offline.. and dies & sent to his town.. needs to be protected for at least 12 to 24 hrs
This way you will find FF attendances will go up

3. Questing ... Make drops be as awesome as Tambola Gear .. drop-able after maybe 3-6 months after events
Then more people wouldn't mind reskilling just to get required skills in the right places

4. If you merge some worlds.. people will lose some different type of players.. Like Duelers.. Soldiers.. etc
Maybe to counter this loss... you can introduce the Ability to Change your Class 1 a month on the same world
I know if I was an Adventurer.. digging for Special Finds.. and I get Dueled.. I would like the option immediately to change into a Dueler class.. as the person is further from me.. and would like to duel him/her (if my skills maybe balanced enough)... ((but understand it would be unlikely to be available to return to an Advent immediately after.. needs timeframe))
... or even into a Soldier so I can have more HP as well.. that compliments my build in counter dueling
Maybe as a dueler or FF'er .. they're bored... and want to do some Advent Digging for other Great Gear ?
Point is... if INNO is going to Take.. they need to Give .. but overall... it could spice up a Dying Game

My 5c ... Just a few ways to liven up the game

MFRavenhawk

Until octoberfest, tambolas were free.

Not true, at least you cannot prove that by my experience...even using the large 'alternative coin dispenser' (flower pot, heart bag, etc...which in itself is a nugget purchase), and turning them over every 24 hours, it has been impossible to complete the basic tombola event set (wolfman, tlingit, bartender, etc) without using nuggets since the Thomas Jefferson set in 2014. And that doesn't even go into the impossibility of winning full Valentines Day gear no matter how many nuggets you do spend, or Day of the Dead and Christmas being nothing but nugget drains with little to show for it unless one is extremely (defy the odds, get shot by a stray bullet while skydiving, having your parachute fail to open, somehow manage to land safely and then get struck by lightning while being run over) lucky.

asdf124

Not true, at least you cannot prove that by my experience...even using the large 'alternative coin dispenser' (flower pot, heart bag, etc...which in itself is a nugget purchase), and turning them over every 24 hours, it has been impossible to complete the basic tombola event set (wolfman, tlingit, bartender, etc) without using nuggets since the Thomas Jefferson set in 2014. And that doesn't even go into the impossibility of winning full Valentines Day gear no matter how many nuggets you do spend, or Day of the Dead and Christmas being nothing but nugget

Your delusional and the nugget dependence for you is huge.

The pretzel/Easter//Valentine's Day/day of dead had all bags available for bonds which can be made via ff/daily tasks.

The only bag available at first which can be bought for nuggets only is the goal ones.

Issues with non premium is that it more feels like a day job rather than a free to play game to gain good items.

Players need to buy mate, tea and whatever energy buff they can get to renergize. Queuing 4 hours every 3.9 hour is insane.

That is just in 1 world.

MFRavenhawk

Thanks for confirming my point even if you didn't intend to :)

NOBODY has enough bonds in an given tombola to be able to buy enough buffs to keep their avi working 24/7...which is needed if you want a chance to try and complete the basic set as cheap as possible. No bonds equals either nugget purchase or failure to complete the set.

Sure they can also use crafted buffs to help offset that cost, but again, unless one is able to get someone to supply sufficient amounts of those buffs at base cost, that is also an impossibility....you simply cannot earn enough money to purchase sufficient buffs off open market at the prices charged.

You can claim otherwise all you want, but as I said before, you cannot prove it otherwise from my own experience.....gained from running 12 avatars for free in each event since 2013 and never once succeeding in gaining the basic event sets without using nuggets in some capacity for them (and many times going without completing the sets since I couldn't spare the nuggets from my main avi).

You can even argue that going without was a choice I made....and perhaps it was. But that same choice is forced on every player...most of whom will never spend a fraction on nuggets that I have, most of whom will never have the time to play 24/7 as I do. Which in turn makes the demand for nugget use on them even greater.

asdf124

Thanks for confirming my point even if you didn't intend to :)

NOBODY has enough bonds in an given tombola to be able to buy enough buffs to keep their avi working 24/7...which is needed if you want a chance to try and complete the basic set as cheap as possible. No bonds equals either nugget purchase or failure to complete the set.

Sure they can also use crafted buffs to help offset that cost, but again, unless one is able to get someone to supply sufficient amounts of those buffs at base cost, that is also an impossibility....you simply cannot earn enough money to purchase sufficient buffs off open market at the prices charged.

You can claim otherwise all you want, but as I said before, you cannot prove it otherwise from my own experience.....gained from running 12 avatars for free in each event since 2013 and never once succeeding in gaining the basic event sets without using nuggets in some capacity for them (and many times going without completing the sets since I couldn't spare the nuggets from my main avi).

You can even argue that going without was a choice I made....and perhaps it was. But that same choice is forced on every player...most of whom will never spend a fraction on nuggets that I have.
I have seen many players do it without spending a single nugget, it is very much possible however, insanely hard if you play on all worlds.

So is it my fault your world or you in particular don't ff??

Fort fighting is one of the best to gain bonds yet some peeps don't do that and still are able to reach over 3k.

DeletedUser33353

Not true, at least you cannot prove that by my experience...even using the large 'alternative coin dispenser' (flower pot, heart bag, etc...which in itself is a nugget purchase), and turning them over every 24 hours, it has been impossible to complete the basic tombola event set (wolfman, tlingit, bartender, etc) without using nuggets since the Thomas Jefferson set in 2014. And that doesn't even go into the impossibility of winning full Valentines Day gear no matter how many nuggets you do spend, or Day of the Dead and Christmas being nothing but nugget drains with little to show for it unless one is extremely (defy the odds, get shot by a stray bullet while skydiving, having your parachute fail to open, somehow manage to land safely and then get struck by lightning while being run over) lucky.

Wrong.
It is quite easily done as long as you have the time to keep your avi working/forting/dueling/adventuring during that time frame. And before you say I am biased by that remark, I have a lot of friends that are not premie nugget munchers...and they usually have no probs achieving the free sets.

MFRavenhawk

So is it my fault your world or you in particular don't ff??

Fort fighting is one of the best to gain bonds yet some peeps don't do that and still are able to reach over 3k.

Even in this day and age of fort fights being near vacant, it is still often impossible to get into them if you are not in the right town (townlessness is vital when you don't want to be dueled), or have the right gear, weapons and buffs....or in some cases, the leading general simply doesn't like you.

As such, players have to make due with the options available to them that guarantee alternative coin...the only things certain to push that limit is working. You cannot count on friends, since not everyone returns the coins to you, and far too many folks have their friend lists completely full...mostly with inactive players given the numbers of folks in constant vacation and how few accounts are still in existence on any given world. Even working isn't guaranteed, since it can be a full day and a half variance between worlds even working the same jobs 24/7 to get sufficient alternative coin.

And again, without working 24/7, while bonds might improve some attending a fort fight, the loss of regular income and alternative coin for the effort simply isn't worth it...unless you have the nuggets/bonds on hand to drop into every battle last second on a speed buff, which kind of defeats the point of trying to earn them for the events.

DeletedUser34546

There is some conflicts here between people saying duelling is dead vs have to go town less or needing protection for 12/24 hours after a battle or being near the fort.

I think duelling is dead, sadly. I quite liked going after players who used to duel my town mates. I was zmd (kept down by npc) to make sure I could protect the lower level players. This is one bit of the game I miss the most. I've been walking around in my xmas set in the center of the map for weeks - and got duelled once.

I think the loss of duelling was 2 fold. 1 killing off zmd. I sort of get why it was done - but think there could have been less damaging solutions. The other was too many tombolas - which got harder to get the sets for. Then upgrades of tombola items just made the issue worse.