It`s this the END?

• Thread starter DeletedUser33797
  • Start date

DeletedUser33797

Tonight i went looking over the ranking in the last 3 worlds i am playing.
And sadly there was no surprise.
W11-around 800 accounts
W12-1000 accounts
and Colorado has only 1500 accounts (i remember when i started this game there where about 50 k accounts here )
I assume that on the other worlds maybe the number of players does not look so grim as this 3 but i highly doubt it.
So i started this threat as a petition to INNOGames .
Please INNO don`t let this game die.It`s a great game ,a complex game with so many good aspects and unique features.
Stop this trend and try to make make it great as it was once (no tombolas every month :)).
I know and everyone playing this game knows that you have a business to run.
We know that without nuggets you can`t survive in this game :)
But as is stated in start up page the game is FREE TO Play.
Make it so that new players feel it`s FREE TO Play.
And just listen to players (we do have a lot of good ideas :) )
All i can hope it` s that this thread will reach the eyes of some high hierarchic guy at INNO.
If we all put our toughs and strength together maybe they will realize that this game deserves to live.
Please share you thoughts and if a Mod will kindle pass on this after a few people will state there point of view i will be most grateful.
Thanks for thanking the time to read this and let`s hope we can change something for the better

Thank you

Pankreas PorFavor

unfortunately, I think the decision was already made a long time ago - no investments, milk it while you can, and close when the numbers fall low enough. I just don't know what "low enough" is. it's been a good game, I will admit to that. a great game sometimes, like back in the days of W9 and W10, or even the Tex-Mex wars in W4... but that was soooo long ago. 6 years already?! damn...

DeletedUser26820

This thread won't reach the eye's of Inno hierarchy, but nonetheless, rcris, a good petition and I hear your plea.
I, too, don't want this game to die out after playing it for 6 years as have much invested.

Don't listen to that guy that just posted above me.... He's always pessimistic and bitter.

As a toon of Briscoe and Briscoe only, I'd very much like to see a consolidation/migration of .EN worlds.
That might not be the solution, but it would bring action and activities into the consolidated worlds.

DeletedUser33353

This thread won't reach the eye's of Inno hierarchy, but nonetheless, rcris, a good petition and I hear your plea.
I, too, don't want this game to die out after playing it for 6 years as have much invested.

Don't listen to that guy that just posted above me.... He's always pessimistic and bitter.

As a toon of Briscoe and Briscoe only, I'd very much like to see a consolidation/migration of .EN worlds.
That might not be the solution, but it would bring action and activities into the consolidated worlds.
I have suggested this many times........I get tired of banging my head against a wall though, it starts to hurt after awhile ;)

Pankreas PorFavor

DeletedUser17350

:rolleyes: I moved my w9 char to Brisco already. So closing w11 and w12 won´t help Brisco a bit in my case! Just a quick look at the top 63 players in Brisco and I recognized 5 players, that play in w11 too. I bet, that there a lot more players with accounts in Brisco and accounts in w11 and/or w12. Closing w11 and w12 won´t help the activity in Brisco that much.

asdf124

if only someone did something to prove me wrong.
this was my post from almost 4 years ago. check the number of players then and now:
https://forum.the-west.net/index.php?threads/the-west-2013-or-quo-vadis-inogames.52143/

I am actually amazed this is still alive and that so few of us who still play are actually making this game profitable enough.
The biggest joke is, dakota is worse than w11 now even though it was "the place to be" as you said in that thread.......

pretty sure galveston is heading that way, but depends on the community of galveston.

DeletedUser8627

Good morning good people.

The migration routes opened from worlds 11 and 12 are just the first step to start clustering players together. We are currently looking at ways to improve activity especially among our old-timers. The game is not dieing, but I do agree that inactivity throughout all worlds has taken an increase and we are stepping in to help prevent some of these issues.

I will of course post more information later regarding further migration routes and plans we are looking into.

Please note, worlds 11 and 12 have not been set to be deleted. In fact, we do not know if or when we will close any worlds at this point.

DeletedUser36098

dear da twista

the issues that have seen a big decline in players of this game in both in colorado and in w11, where i have characters, and i would suggest all worlds, are the introduction of multiple numbers of events that make the game look very much like you have to pay to play. there are a larger number of players now that when they see a game advertising as FREE TO PLAY, they expect that to be the case. now there are a large number of old time players who, whilst they moan abut things, still play the game. I have seen a masive drop of players in both the worlds i play from when i started. it is, in my mind at least, the introduction of the multiple events where if you want the full sets within them you have to pay real money that has caused this drop. I did suggest this was happening on more than one occasion but inno seems to have cloth ears (meaning deaf) when it comes to player conserns

another game killer, i have alluded to more than once, is the way players can just go out and duel any other players in their range. while this is a good aspect for the game, it drives newer players away as most of them may not want to go round shooting at just about anyone. the time this aspect of the game was a puller has gone. i, and a few others, have suggested that a duelling arena would be a good idea and to your credit you started the adventures. unfortunately they were so bugged that you lost players rather than gained players. adventures now has its own underclass , who think they have the right to bully players not doing 'the right thing' as far as they are concerned and then blame those players for losing or make it so hard for the new players that they decide to quit. unfortunately those players do not just quit the adventures, they quit the game. cliques are bad for anything and are particularly bad in a game as it then ends up with just a few playing and the rest leave well alone.

how do we sort this out? .. that is a big question and it all relies on the developers taking note of things that go wrong and, at least, attempting to fix the things that go wrong fast. there were suggestions of new areas within the adventures but so far nothing has happened. todays players get bored faster than the older players and those bored players go away and tell friends to not bother with it as it gets boring fast. how we reverse this trend is the biggest mystery out there. I know of other games with similar issues and some have closed down, whilst others revamped and lost 75% of their player base overnight. it is hard to make the right decisions and some go disasterously wrong. over to you inno.

DeletedUser22685

dear da twista

the issues that have seen a big decline in players of this game in both in colorado and in w11, where i have characters, and i would suggest all worlds, are the introduction of multiple numbers of events that make the game look very much like you have to pay to play. there are a larger number of players now that when they see a game advertising as FREE TO PLAY, they expect that to be the case. now there are a large number of old time players who, whilst they moan abut things, still play the game. I have seen a masive drop of players in both the worlds i play from when i started. it is, in my mind at least, the introduction of the multiple events where if you want the full sets within them you have to pay real money that has caused this drop. I did suggest this was happening on more than one occasion but inno seems to have cloth ears (meaning deaf) when it comes to player conserns
A couple of things jump out at me here. The first is that it's been made abundantly clear that the continued tombola holiday events are a central - or perhaps the only - part of Inno's plan in terms of the future direction of this game. There were many of us who were wary of these types of events as early as the first Christmas one back in 2012 (I believe) and were quite vocal with our warnings about the threat they could pose to the game if overused, but even I couldn't imagine that they'd reach the point they have today. At this stage it seems like a waste of energy to continue protesting, which is honestly more than a little frustrating to me.

Secondly, you mentioned that the game is advertised as being free to play. I would have to disagree with that statement strictly due to the fact that the game isn't advertised, period. I still stand by my hundreds of comments in the past stating that the inexplicable decision to cease practically all online advertising for The West is almost solely to blame for the situation we find ourselves in today. The desperate tombolas, skeleton development staff and all but empty worlds are all a direct result of the shortage of incoming players that has existed since this game seemingly became an afterthought compared to Inno's other projects many years ago.

Reopening certain migration routes is a good move. I know it hasn't been confirmed whether or not more worlds will be closing in the immediate future, but I think that's long overdue and would even go so far as to say that we're better off closing as many worlds as possible. Concentrating the player base within three, four or five worlds that actually show some semblance of the activity levels we used to enjoy will prolong the game's lifespan far more than allowing people to keep ten characters in empty worlds that aren't enjoyable. IMO, anyone who protests world closures at this point on the basis of losing their existing characters needs to think more about the future of the game as a whole rather than their own personal benefit. A lot of players stand to lose something through the migration process, just as a lot of us made sacrifices when Worlds 2-9 closed. Perhaps some form of compensation for invested nuggets wouldn't be unreasonable, but ultimately if things keep going the way they have been, you'll lose all your characters regardless. Frankly, you're doing damn well if you've managed to keep interest in more than a couple of characters up to this point anyway.

asdf124

Frankly, you're doing damn well if you've managed to keep interest in more than a couple of characters up to this point anyway.

My drifter team is awesome but I do know a few peeps who have characters in most worlds, I'd like to agree with you on your points made.
I am pretty sure a lot are tired of making these characters since they do take a lot of time to manage.
Some are probably thinking about quitting(hence why I and maybe a few more think that opening new worlds is a bad idea).

Now inno thought that keeping old timers is a good idea since they helped the newbies in galveston.....
The problems aren't just insufficient funding of advertisement and the development team seems a bit understaffed compared to other game projects inno had made.

DeletedUser34781

the cost of one months basic ads to drive new blood would easily be covered by some top end players spending in any tombola.who ever the decision maker at inno is..he/she isn't very business savvy..i wanted to post insults about said person but i won't need too it's implied now :)

DeletedUser22685

My drifter team is awesome but I do know a few peeps who have characters in most worlds, I'd like to agree with you on your points made.
I am pretty sure a lot are tired of making these characters since they do take a lot of time to manage.
Some are probably thinking about quitting(hence why I and maybe a few more think that opening new worlds is a bad idea).

Now inno thought that keeping old timers is a good idea since they helped the newbies in galveston.....
The problems aren't just insufficient funding of advertisement and the development team seems a bit understaffed compared to other game projects inno had made.
I'm not sure why you're talking about opening new worlds and creating new characters when I've only mentioned the possibility of having less of those things. Surely nobody in their right mind actually wants any more worlds to be opened after the spectacular failures of the last few.

Also, I'm not by any means trying to claim that the lack of advertising is the only problem the game faces today. I'm saying that many years ago it was the root cause of most of the problems we have now. A lack of new players led to a lack of income which led to Inno making the decision to rely solely on a constant barrage of nugget-centric events in order to maximise profitability while the game continues to survive rather than thrive. Restarting an advertisement campaign now would serve absolutely no purpose since, like you mentioned, the development team has been intentionally slimmed down to suit a game that's been practically shortlisted for closure as soon as it stops turning a profit.

That's what it appears like to me, anyway. I really do hope that things can turn around since The West was such a huge part of my life for many years, but logically I'm as close to certain as I could possibly be that it won't happen. I readily admit that these couple of posts have been more in the realm of venting my frustration than actually making constructive suggestions, which annoys me as well, but there really isn't anything I have left to say that hasn't been said countless times already.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser38494

I'm fairly new to the West and play in 4 worlds and I disagree with the comment that the game isn't free to play. Compared to other games, the game can be played quite well, whether you play with gold or not. I haven't found that there are the types of restrictions that can be found in other games. Gold can enhance play but it's not needed in the West.

Advertising is expensive so I think that it's up to players to invite friends so that numbers increase. There are rewards for inviting friends to play so it's advertising by word of mouth.

Sorry to hear that numbers are declining because it's a pretty decent game that can be played at your own pace and you can wear more than one hat if you want to make it more interesting.

I don't think that merging worlds is the answer, especially for those people who have invested time in their toons.

canufeelit

i was hoping u were going to open up most worlds... save colo or new bloods in the declining late worlds. but it seems the plan is to roll up as many late levels in multi worlds into a 1 or 2 each. i wouldn't even mind so much if i didn't lose 2 of my 5 toons this time.

DeletedUser21125

I migrated to world 12 with this toon name when world 4 closed. My question is... Since I already migrated with a quest to do the move and got the achievement and title for it, will there be another quest to migrate available where I can keep everything my toon has on it, or does my toon have to start all over on a different world and lose everything he played hard for and earned? Some of those items aren't available any more.

DeletedUser33353

I migrated to world 12 with this toon name when world 4 closed. My question is... Since I already migrated with a quest to do the move and got the achievement and title for it, will there be another quest to migrate available where I can keep everything my toon has on it, or does my toon have to start all over on a different world and lose everything he played hard for and earned? Some of those items aren't available any more.

Doubt there will be a quest for it. If you migrate, all gear and achievements will follow you. You can always send a ticket to support to verify if you wish.