Issue(s) with this new The West Forum

DeletedUser26820

Congrats to the The West Team for implementing this new forum platform, soft ware, whatever it is.

I try to stay current on The West Forums.
I'm sure I'm not the only one.

For those of us that try to stay current, we visit the "New Posts" box on the right side of the screen.

New threads and announcements that are being made in the The Western Star forum are not showing up in the "New Posts" box.

When DaTwista made his/her post/thread about The Wright Brother Sale, shouldn't it have shown up in my "New Posts" box?

Because it didn't, it's now October 21st and I'm reading DaTwista's thread created October 13th.

Let's see what you can do to get new threads generated in The Western Star forum to show up in "New Posts" box.

It's a no-brainer....

Dubjean

The log in button should also be at the top of the main page. It's not very user friendly by making you hunt for it.

DeletedUser22685

In all honesty I don't even know where it is. It's not like I've ever had to use it, but I've just had a quick look and still couldn't find it. I'm either stupid or it's hidden unnecessarily well.

EDIT: Alright, just found it on my user profile. Pretty ridiculous that it's not on every screen.

Last edited by a moderator:

asdf124

The log in button should also be at the top of the main page. It's not very user friendly by making you hunt for it.
It is enhanced for mobile users,

If you have a smartphone, it would have a login at the right bottom of the smartphone.

Dubjean

You have to actually click on a thread and scroll to the bottom of the page to login on a laptop. I can barely use my 'smart'phone and sure can't read and scroll forums on it! :D

Protasov

Is there no longer a "mark all read" feature on a forum? Perhaps I'm missing it, but I hate having to click to read every new post just to get the entire forum marked as read.

I saw the ability to "mark ALL forums read", but I don't want to do that. I want to be able to mark individual forums as read.

Slygoxx

That is indeed not possible, you'll have to read what you want and then mark all forums read.