P&P Is it war?

DeletedUser30834

I have decided to take some frustrations out on the United Force alliance. I will be dueling and digging battles against them at the absolute most inopportune times I can find. Most people would call these battles a multi and to borrow words from one of their members, I do not really care. Nor do I care about keeping the forts.

So this is an open offer for any town or alliance who is interested in playing with forts or might have a grudge against the United Force alliance, if we take them, they will be given away to the participants (or just abandoned for anyone to reclaim if no one shows). It will be your job to keep them if you wish to. My goal here is simple, to harass them as much as possible for being harassed by them myself. So even if you want to just harass them back too and not worry about ownership of a fort, that will be fine as well. Just do not arrive at the forts until the last 10 minutes before battle if possible so they will always need to make sure they are maned and spend loads of nuggets going from one battle to another and wasting doc bags and such.

And remember, this is just a game so lets not get personal about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25802

fresh start! what was wrong with our other posts?

Sumdumass, dig on us all you want! you'll run out of money first! and you say not to take it personally? well you have! all this drama over one duel!

DeletedUser30834

lol.. won't run out of money. Your alliance is like a walking bank. I already took 15k from members and I have a large sum already built up in the treasury. I could likely dig every fort in Arizona 3 times before running low..

And no, it is not over one duel. This last one was the straw that broke the Camel's back.

BTW, there is no drama. There is me with a plan of action that is within the game's design. If you think there is drama over it, then perhaps my plan is working.

Edit:
Ha, it must be working. You should see the telegrams I'm getting with people crying. one of them said "My entire alliance is gunning for ya so you either back down, apologize, or you won't be able to do anything. You are now public enemy #1." with a reply later saying "But if you think you have a rat's ass chance in hell of winning this war then you're name fits. Oh and by the way I'm part of the leadership of the alliance (I'm in charge of assigning duel targets) so feel free to screw with me. My duelers hit who I say. We'll make your life hell! For every person you attack we will attack you 10x!"

Then 3 people dueled me and lost. The thing is, I'm not that great of a dueler, just look at my record in AZ.

But I would like to take this time to thank all the members of The United force Alliance for making this world interesting to me again.
One more thing, to all the other alliances out there. I will not duel Unity people at your battles before or after unless they duel me in the area first. My skit is with them, not you and I know they support other team's battles and attacking them there wouldn't be proper in my mind. The 3 players I ko'ed after the gritty pack battle was return duels on me.

DeletedUser

Hey thanks for that buddy.

Now I can work in peace and make some more FFs. Something I've been wanting to do for some time now.

:up:

How's that Duduie?

DeletedUser

@ Capt. Caveman: that is eye-candy.

@ Sumdumass: You sure you did that math right? I mean, each time you dig on a fort in the 24h span, the price doubles.
I personally hate multi battles. They also cause peeps to leave a world. I don't understand your reasoning to be honest. I usually avenge a duel with more duels ;)

DeletedUser25802

i'm happy for you to be enjoying the world again and for helping in the last defence! but you know in the long run this wont work and you'll just stop digging! i know it, you know it, we all know it.

DeletedUser30834

@ Sumdumass: You sure you did that math right? I mean, each time you dig on a fort in the 24h span, the price doubles.
I personally hate multi battles. They also cause peeps to leave a world. I don't understand your reasoning to be honest. I usually avenge a duel with more duels ;)
I didn't mean digging all at once. More like if they are in 1 or 2 battles a day, I could dig a multi on them enough times to equal 120 forts several times over in AZ. The point is that I will not be running out of money any time soon.

I do not like multi battles either. You can find lots of posts in these forums where I have spoken against them. The problem is their attitude. They think they can walk all over anyone in AZ without any repercussions and that has probably caused more people to quit the world then the multis of the past. I had an agreement with the United Alliance that if they left me alone, I would not side against them in any fort battle or duel them. Then when I got dueled by one of them, after telling the player we have an arrangement, he told me he didn't care. His town mate is the later person claiming to be in the leadership and going to direct those duelers after me. (oh yeah, hows that working out, so far 3 of the 4 big guns you sent are passed out now not including the 2 or 3 from your own town I passed out).

So basically what I am attempting to accomplish is teaching them a lesson in how to treat people err, how not to treat people (at least me). I'm not going to take the crap any more and I'm done issuing threats just to get a hollow apology, a few weeks of nothing, then some smart mouth telling me off when they ignore the arrangement for it to cycle over again and again. I told them several months ago when we started this that if they attack me or my town again, I would personally do anything possible to thwart their fort ventures and make life in their alliance as difficult as possible. Well, this last round of someone tellling me off was all that I needed to realize that I needed to act on the threats if I wanted them to have any value. So instead of issuing threats to get my way, I'm simply telling people what will happen then making it happen.

Dueling alone wouldn't do that. There are too many of them to get the point across that I want to make and I'm not skilled as a dueler in this world by default.

However, it is sort of funny, I've been getting all kinds of threats in telegrams about how I'm their number one target now. I went into one of their towns and only experienced a slight amount of resistance from one players and so far, their elite duelers had failed miserably with 90% of the ones attacking me ending up KO'd. If they KO me, I just wait until I'm off and do it again. It just means I will have more time in peace to gain even more money should their concerns of my cash flow start to pan out prolonging this for a long time.

i'm happy for you to be enjoying the world again and for helping in the last defence! but you know in the long run this wont work and you'll just stop digging! i know it, you know it, we all know it.
You do know that defense wasn't yours right? And I think I'm gonna take this as a personal challenge now to keep it up forever just on your dare.

DeletedUser

I would like to say in all seriousness;

Yer a heck of FFer sumdum. You stayed in the thick of it and kept taking HP away (4210 actually) from the attackers.

Well done! Hats off to ya on that. :up:

DeletedUser30834

You should have seen me when I was a tank with 8800hp. But that's all over now, gotta be a dueler in this world.

DeletedUser

Is kinda funny :D
Duel truce in a duel game and you expect to not be dueled here and there?
A game ... and you expect to not get an attitude here and there?
Kind of ironic don't you think?

DeletedUser30834

I've helped them out quite a bit in the past with defenses and attacks. It's not so much the duel truce or the breaking of it. It's the attitude that follows with it and the mouthing off by the players involved and not being informed that it isn't there first. I mean this isn't something like where someone cuts across the lawn instead of taking the side walk to your door, it's about them being disrespectful and mouthy when you ask them not to.

DeletedUser

What you seem to fail to understand is that there are people who don't read their forums, don't care about the agreements and many duel their own alliances just because. The attitude comes with it, no matter if they are in the wrong. Is a game, is not RL. One plays a game to get away from RL. There are people out there who have no values in RL whatsoever. Your expectations are to high.

DeletedUser30834

I'm not failing to understand that. I'm expecting them to be held accountable for not doing what they need to do.

But I understand it is a game. That is the reason why my in game actions are according to the rules and mechanics of the game. This is role playing for me and diplomacy has failed.

I guess what I do not understand here is why your tone seems to be that is it ok for players to ignore the forums and agreements and have bad attitudes and for alliances to protect that behavior (indicating that they tolerate it or perhaps find it beneficial to them) and when I match that, it seem like you think is it somehow wrong. Isn't it tit for tat taken to an extreme? And done so within the safe confines of a game?

Besides, I'm not trying to ruin the game. Just make a certain alliance's enjoyment level drop through the floor as long as they act in certain ways. They do not need to leave the world or anything, just act respectable or join another alliance. The unity alliance is pretty much the left overs when all the good people left the New Trinity alliance and formed either CRO or Fighters Offensive. At least with those other two alliances, you know you are dealing with someone that has the integrity to be honest in their interactions even when you are their enemy. That's far and few to find in the Unity alliance. on the mechanics of the thought process, it is no different then two warring alliances. It's just that I'm a smaller and weaker opponent so I have to resort to different tactics.

DeletedUser

You can't "read" a "tone". If you try, you might be completely wrong. I am not saying it is ok to ignore forums and agreements, what I am saying is that you need to realize and accept that it will happen. Not everybody reads the forums, is as easy as that. Is it ok?! I can't answer that. Is like answering: is it ok to be a vegan?! It depends on preferences. You can't force everybody to read forums. You can't discard of a player because he does not read the forum. It is not against the rules to not read the forum. It is not against the rules to break agreements between players or alliances.
All I said was that you fight duels with battles. It does not make sense to me. Not the retribution part, but how you do it. Like I said, I avenge a duel with more duels ...

DeletedUser30834

Sentence structure has a tone or an indication of a tone whether you see it or not. "Give me the remote". "Give me the remote now!". Both are going about the same objective, one is indicating some sort of dominance while the other is more passive. Both can be perceived as ordering one around, while only one could be perceived as a more submissive request.

Well, it's no holds barred for me. I guess that makes us different. I was not a dueler in Arizona, I was a fort fighter. Now I'm stuck dueling. They totally ruined my fun (although it started about a month ago) so now I'm ruining theirs. It's as simple as that.

DeletedUser25802

you might not have actually spoilt our fun, you might have actually brought our alliance tighter together! and given our duellers something to aim for! and work closer together :D but we'll see

i will say you have a good anti melee build! very good in fact! if you want you can PM me your stats! i'd be very interested :D

DeletedUser30834

Might is a pretty big word. Like your duelers might beat me if they stop doing whatever it is they are doing now. It's not that dificult, I'm not that good of a dueler. It seems that all they can mange to do is get KO'd and fail miserably. Only one gave me any resistance and one actually beat me because I went 10 winning duels in a row without changing my stance at all.

Word was that you were a decent dueler but I noticed you stayed clear away when I was in your town tearing things up before battle this morning. And even when your duelers tried and failed, you were nowhere to be found.

Edit: I guess you must have reskilled or something.
Sumdumass wins the duel, gains 0 experience points and steals $38 from Smiggy28.

DeletedUser

I just have to clap as the unbiased bystander reading these random posts, it was quite entertaining that you "did not want to start drama" but yet all this happened:no:. It might have do with this thread starting with trash talk then ending with "It's just a game, let's all get along". Now the words "It's just a game" tend to make me angry because, don't you hate it when someone makes a game unenjoyable, when you are coming back to your town to donate this big wade of cash and then out of nowhere comes the random guys that take that wade away. Personally I think this thread is really pitiful:(, I don't think trash talking each other or crying about "this and that" is going to help the situation. I would say you are acting childish but that would be kind of mean to children:unsure:, I really think you guys need to figure a way to sort this stuff out, because, like I said, it is just pitiful:( seeing fellow gamers act this way.

Again, thanks for the entertainment, Mr. Brooks:ranger::adventurer: