Is drinking milk bad for Humans?!?!

DeletedUser

Nope, I've never been subjected to an attempted drowning by milk. My point is, provide proof that milk is 'safe', otherwise your statement has no merit. A good place to start would be to provide contra-evidence to the claims made earlier in this thread.

DeletedUser

Nope, I've never been subjected to an attempted drowning by milk. My point is, provide proof that milk is 'safe', otherwise your statement has no merit. A good place to start would be to provide contra-evidence to the claims made earlier in this thread.

Well I have been drinking milk my whole life; I am still alive and healthy.

DeletedUser

Just because you won't keel over right away from drinking it doesn't mean it's safe. And it is fallacious to assume that what applies to you extends to everyone else.

DeletedUser

Well I have been drinking milk my whole life; I am still alive and healthy.
Rice is correct, you are presenting an anecdotal claim that is unsupported by medical reports indicating your overall health. You have not provided evidence that you have been drinking milk all your life, not indicated how much milk "all your life," not provided proof that your medical condition is healthy, not indicated your age, not indicated how you came about with the "assumption" you are healthy, and finally your personal experience is insufficient as evidence.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Rice is correct, you are presenting an anecdotal claim that is unsupported by medical reports indicating your overall health. You have not provided evidence that you have been drinking milk all your life, not indicated how much milk "all your life," not provided proof that your medical condition is healthy, not indicated your age, not indicated how you came about with the "assumption" you are healthy, and finally your personal experience is insufficient as evidence.

I did not realize I needed to provide evidence that I drink milk or that I am healthy. I just don't trust a few biased opinions that drinking bovine lactose is unhealthy when very many people have been drinking it for a very long time and have not been diagnosed with loss of life or limb as a result. And yes some people are allergic to milk... some people are allergic to penicillin, that does not mean we need to go around telling every one penicillin is unhealthy so live or die with your infections. This milk scare is just alarmist in nature. If you really need a cause to fight, how about stress; stress is really unhealthy and I'm sure is a lot worse for you that milk.

DeletedUser

I did not realize I needed to provide evidence that I smoke or that I am healthy. I just don't trust a few biased opinions that smoking is unhealthy when very many people have been smoking for a very long time and have not been diagnosed with loss of life or limb as a result. And yes some people are allergic to nicotine... some people are allergic to nuts, that does not mean we need to go around telling every one nuts are unhealthy so live or die with your infections. This tobacco scare is just alarmist in nature. If you really need a cause to fight, how about masturbation; masturbation is really unhealthy and I'm sure is a lot worse for you that (sic) cigarettes.

DeletedUser16008

K can we please put an end to this .... If you wish to avoid milk for whatever reason go right ahead. If like me you have no intention of avoiding milk or being convinced to spend ridiculous amount on say almond milk as an alternative go right ahead and keep drinking the cow stuff...

No one has to prove they are healthy and whether milk is or isn't responsible for their good or bad health..... as an example both my grandparents went to over 97 both drank milk daily, neither had what you would term as health problems for their age..grandpa even smoked until he was 95... would that constitute proof that milk had no bad health effects or do you think that like Moses all humans should expect to live until 120 ?

My work partners brother had a peanut allergy and died at 29 after eating a vegan meal in a vegetarian restaurant.... I know plenty living both unhealthy and healthy lives with life threatening problems non of which btw are in the slightest bit related to Milk... I asked a friend who works on a allergy and intolerance testing ward maybe youd call it ? usual stuff they test with the usual dust, pollen etc ask loads of questions on a questionnaire etc .... do they test for milk intolerance ? nope not on the main list anyway so its not a concern there obviously.

The point is decide for yourself what you consider safe and risk worthy but dont then try to ram it down others throats, just because you cant enjoy something dosnt mean others cant or shouldnt...

Anyways as time goes on people wont be bothered about whats healthy or safe but rather what they can afford to buy and survive. Healthy living is all very well but its basically a luxury that will disappear for almost everyone. If anything will stop people buying milk it will be the price not a white paper or theory... of course by then we wont be bothered about milk alternatives either just living will be hard enough.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

just because you cant enjoy something dosnt mean others cant or shouldnt...
Taste is based on preference, what one person enjoys is not what the next person enjoys.
Anyways as time goes on people wont be bothered about whats healthy or safe but rather what they can afford to buy and survive. Healthy living is all very well but its basically a luxury that will disappear for almost everyone. If anything will stop people buying milk it will be the price not a white paper or theory... of course by then we wont be bothered about milk alternatives either just living will be hard enough.
"Healthy living" was carried out by everyone until the advent of the Industrial Revolution, which mechanized food production.

DeletedUser

I did not realize I needed to provide evidence that I drink milk or that I am healthy.
If you're going use yourself as an example, damn straight you need to provide evidence. For all I know, you're a grossly overweight, pimply monstrosity attached to an IV --- claiming to be healthy.

I just don't trust a few biased opinions that drinking bovine lactose is unhealthy when very many people have been drinking it for a very long time and have not been diagnosed with loss of life or limb as a result.
First, the reports provided were not "biased." Second, your earlier claim IS biased. Third, your argument is without supporting evidence and anecdotal. The reports, previously provided, clearly indicate what health concerns there are with dairy products. Maybe you should read them and see what the FACTS are instead of running with your uninformed opinion.

And yes some people are allergic to milk... some people are allergic to penicillin, that does not mean we need to go around telling every one penicillin is unhealthy so live or die with your infections.
It's common sense that something is bad for you if you're allergic to it. Which is why we presented the reports and studies.

The reports and studies clearly demonstrate dairy products are unhealthy to ALL people. (the allergy argument was posed by -Neo- and is a straw man argument).

This milk scare is just alarmist in nature.
Interesting, I wasn't aware there was a milk scare. More of a milk denial...

If you really need a cause to fight, how about stress; stress is really unhealthy and I'm sure is a lot worse for you that milk.
Actually, there is healthy stress and unhealthy stress (but that's for a different thread). Still, it is important to realize you can eliminate stress almost as easily as you can eliminate dairy products. This thread pertains to dairy products, and while you may want to deny the facts, even try to point elsewhere in an effort to detract from the issue at hand, the facts are there, the evidence substantial, the tests and studies and reports are very clear. Dairy products are, indeed, bad for you.

Would you like me to give a complete breakdown on each and every "bad" thing about dairy products? I mean, in the previous reports provided, it stipulates all the bad things, but I can give you a "by the numbers" account of it all if you want.

K can we please put an end to this .... If you wish to avoid milk for whatever reason go right ahead. If like me you have no intention of avoiding milk or being convinced to spend ridiculous amount on say almond milk as an alternative go right ahead and keep drinking the cow stuff...
I see, so because you cannot dispute the evidence, you want us to allow you and others to continue to deny it with your arguments??? Victor, this is JUST like the tobacco debate, in which we're dealing with an issue of people wanting to continue to smoke cigarettes despite the overwhelming evidence.

Look, if you and others will stop denying the evidence that clearly indicates diary products are unhealthy, i'll stop pointing out the evidence that clearly indicates dairy products are unhealthy.

Anyways as time goes on people wont be bothered about whats healthy or safe but rather what they can afford to buy and survive. Healthy living is all very well but its basically a luxury that will disappear for almost everyone.
Actually, quite the opposite Victor. Dairy products are a luxury. They are expensive to produce and expensive to prepare. The only reason it's cheaper for you to buy than almond milk is because almond milk is a relatively recent product.

Anyway, your argument is that the dairy industry has successfully ingrained, in its consumers, that it's a good and healthy product, and thus we shouldn't bother to fight it.

Wouldn't it have been hilarious if everyone held to the same notion about tobacco, and didn't bother to fight it?

DeletedUser16008

Meh, Its nothing like the tobacco debate... sorry but your not putting dairy products on the same death dealing platform as tobacco here.

The reports and studies clearly demonstrate dairy products are unhealthy to ALL people piffle i said before you have to look at the quantity the person etc... bs is it unhealthy to all people... there you go again making sweeping statements. Refine your words better because your inferring a hunk of cheese every so often or whatever dairy product is bad for you.... be specific in the quantities and the people tested etc millions out there consume dairy products on a minor basis and your not going to have me believing its anything like casual smoking ...............

Tell you what give us a breakdown by the numbers as you offered then people can make a personal choice. Far as the theory or evidence you say is everywhere ill take my glass of milk and worry when my life insurance dosnt include it next to the smokers clause.

"sigh" almonds wont become a staple alternative anytime soon and its certainly a lot easier to farm cows in a lot of places rather than almonds... i suspect they wouldnt do well in the UK or most other European climates. California almond growers produce 100% of US domestic supply of almonds and 75% of the world production... isnt gonna be cost effective vs milk to buy it for most even in the future now is it ? plus its a harvest product and cant be harvested daily or have the muliple uses that cows do even after milking age is past.

yea ok Dairy products are a luxury thats why its been a staple food in most of the poorer western countrys for hundreds of years :rolleyes:. Apart from Norway who have some problem with butter being a ridiculous price atm.

Fight it like tobacco ? oh stop sensationalising please... youll be suggesting a health warning on milk cartons next with a picture of a fat destroyed heart ...

acornia

Cons on milk are that if you have a leaky gut, may get type 1 diabetes because casein looks a lot like insulin cells and immune system may destroy those, too, and may make more mucous making colds and congestion worse. Some people can drink milk when it come from the cow. Sesame seeds have lot of calcium in them.

Pros Dairy and fish have more l lysine than arginine in them. L lysine helps with wound healing. Arginine can cause swelling. If arginine is over 3 times than lysine, may get shingles.

Bones and calcium Most doctors will have you taking calcium with vitamin D3. This is only part of the equation. the other part is estrogen and progesterone. Estrogen domination has bones getting thinner. Progesterone will replace calcium and other minerals needed for healthy bones. Pharmacy progesterone will have you retaining water while natural progesterone is a diuretic. Natural sources are spinach kale and sweet potato,

Poker Alice

Some say the ability to digest milk properly is a result of lactase persistence mutations that many adults adapted to over time. Not everyone has the same genes? We can keep in mind that everyone is different and might well have different outcomes when it comes to food and medicine.

The mutations may have eventually arisen because they helped people get more nutrients from their milk, giving them a leg up over their comrades, says Fiona Marshall, an archaeologist at Washington University in St. Louis who was not involved in the study. “Among those people, any individuals with lactase persistence would live longer and have more children.”
- science article from 6000 years ago